• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Divisional |OT| Don't Call It A Comeback

bionic77

We have a woman at our office who is so dumb I think she must be related to Gata. She does mine and most of the other attorneys scheduling and she is the first person we have hired that mentally can barely handle this task. That alone is enough for me to hate her because you have to explain every single thing to her. I am 90% certain that my daughter (almost 3) can do this job better than her with a week of training.

And yet despite her having a cave-woman's brain I have lost to her in our office football pool a total of 3 times this year and I think she now has more wins than I do this year. Granted every time I have lost to her it has come down to whoever picked the closest total score of the final game, but even then this is embarrassing!

I don't like losing but losing to someone this stupid really hurts. it must be like that kid in Gata's 3rd grade class (no evidence that he ever went further) getting a shitty grade and then looking over to Gata's paper and then feeling even worse when you see that you did worse than the half wit.

Fuck football.

the offense doesn't miss welker, Edelman/amendola more than enough makes up for that loss with less money. so the scouts made the right choice

it misses a deep threat and gronk/Hernandez ; ;
This is after hindsight though, no one would have said Edelman would pull that off before the season. None of these guys could catch early in the season. Edelman was better than Thompson in that regard though.
Tombstone is a more accessible movie. Wyatt Earp is a more interesting movie.

I prefer watching Tombstone but I also realize it's the inferior film.

I think this is how I feel based on my recollection.

I've wondered how the later Tales games have been, I haven't played one since Abyss. I pre-ordered Bravely Default this last weekend, sucks having to wait after reading all the comments Euros and Japs have posted. I cleared everything in the demo and have my 20 villagers ready for transfer. It's going to be awesome starting with over 20 villagers right off the bat in the full version.

MechDX

http://www.tmz.com/2014/01/13/arian-foster-abortion-baby-mother-lawsuit-brother

Arian Foster tried to strong arm a woman into aborting their unborn child ... and even got his brother to apply some pro-abortion pressure, this according to a lawsuit filed by the woman who claims she's carrying the NFL star's kid.

TMZ Sports has obtained legal docs, filed in Texas, in which a woman named Brittany claims the Houston Texans running back knocked her up several months ago. FYI -- Foster is married to another woman.

In her lawsuit, the woman -- who says she's currently 17 weeks pregnant -- alleges that after she found out she was with child, Arian "constantly harassed [her] to get an abortion for the child."

Brittany also claims Arian "used family members to additionally harass [her] to get an abortion."

sign.....dammit Arian!

The first comment at the site is good though:

CB

Gold digging bitch knew EXACTLY what she was doing.

jnc

rando14

I'M RANDO

I've wondered how the later Tales games have been, I haven't played one since Abyss. I pre-ordered Bravely Default this last weekend, sucks having to wait after reading all the comments Euros and Japs have posted. I cleared everything in the demo and have my 20 villagers ready for transfer. It's going to be awesome starting with over 20 villagers right off the bat in the full version.

Abyss is baller, I should replay that sometime. There's a 3Ds version apparently, maybe i'll get that

I need more villagers for my Bravely Default though, I got like two dudes working their ass off and I feel bad for them!!

We have a woman at our office who is so dumb I think she must be related to Gata. She does mine and most of the other attorneys scheduling and she is the first person we have hired that mentally can barely handle this task. That alone is enough for me to hate her because you have to explain every single thing to her. I am 90% certain that my daughter (almost 3) can do this job better than her with a week of training.

And yet despite her having a cave-woman's brain I have lost to her in our office football pool a total of 3 times this year and I think she now has more wins than I do this year. Granted every time I have lost to her it has come down to whoever picked the closest total score of the final game, but even then this is embarrassing!

I don't like losing but losing to someone this stupid really hurts. it must be like that kid in Gata's 3rd grade class (no evidence that he ever went further) getting a shitty grade and then looking over to Gata's paper and then feeling even worse when you see that you did worse than the half wit.

Fuck football.

LOL. Can't even beat someone he calls dumb or eat spicy food or change a tire or do anything remotely manly.

For you accountant types, overthecap.com has a nice breakdown of where every teams salary is for 2014. The Raiders are sitting pretty after absorbing that 30 million in dead money in 2013.

http://overthecap.com/nfl-cap-space2.php?Year=2014

Saints, Cowboys and Steelers currently the top three teams in money committed to the cap going into the season.

The cap in 2014 is set at 126.3 million.

I'M RANDO

Abyss is baller, I should replay that sometime. There's a 3Ds version apparently, maybe i'll get that

I need more villagers for my Bravely Default though, I got like two dudes working their ass off and I feel bad for them!!

The full version will let you get 3-5 villagers per day by updating with the guy in red that saves your game. The feature is just locked out for the demo.

Haha, never thought of it that way! I finished the village with only 2 dudes in the demo... I should probably bring my 3DS out of the house more often.

Lets go Jets
, or we'll miss our flight to LA!

The full version will let you get 3-5 villagers per day by updating with the guy in red that saves your game. The feature is just locked out for the demo.
This is going to help me a lot!

I was sad that we don't have a 1st round pick this year.

then I looked at our 1st rounders the last few years.

Gonzalez/(No pick)/Donald Brown/Jerry Hughes/Castonzo/Luck/Werner.

That's like, 2.5 rotation players in 7 years. We would've screwed it up anyway!

Compare that to our 1996 - 2003 run:

Marvin/Tarik Glenn/Peyton/Edge/Rob Morris/Wayne/Freeney/Clark.

I saw this on the Eagles message board, thought Eagles fans might be interested in see how certain guys rate:

Cumulative Season Scores

Offense

*QB Nick Foles: +5.4 (16th)

RB LeSean McCoy: +31.2 (1st)

OT Jason Peters: +30.0 (3rd)
G Evan Mathis: +46.7 (1st)
C Jason Kelce: +18.9 (1st)
G Todd Herremans: +6.2 (26th)
OT Lane Johnson: +0.2 (39th)

TE Brent Celek: +9.1 (6th)
TE Zack Ertz: +8.4 (8th)

WR DeSean Jackson: +18.8 (7th)
WR Riley Cooper: +5.3 (42nd)
WR Jason Avant: -2.7 (89th)

Defense

34DE Fletcher Cox: +14.8 (13th)
*NT Bennie Logan: +3.1 (38th)
34DE Cedric Thornton: +17.6 (9th)

34OLB Trent Cole: +21.5 (7th)
ILB Mychal Kendricks: -10.0 (36th)
ILB DeMeco Ryans: -21.4 (54th)
34OLB Connor Barwin: -0.2 (25th)

CB Cary Williams: -4.2 (80th)
CB Bradley Fletcher: +2.4 (44th)
CB Brandon Boykin: +9.1 (14th)

S Patrick Chung: -7.0 (71st)
S Nate Allen: -2.7 (49th)
S Earl Wolff: -3.2 (54th)

Special Teams

K Alex Henery: +10.3 (31st)
P Donnie Jones: +7.9 (21st)
KR Brandon Boykin: +0.6 (50th)
KR Brad Smith: +0.6 (50th)
PR DeSean Jackson: +2.0 (31st)

Performances of Note:

Backup 34OLB Brandon Graham scored a +8.1 (16th) in just 1/3 of the snaps of most of his relative peers. His best grade was his run defense, which was a +5.0, and surprisingly had a positive rating in coverage at +0.8 (In fact, he had a positive grade in every category)

Backup 34DE Vinny Curry scored a +13.3 (15th) also in roughly 1/3 of the snaps of his relative peers with a whopping +10.7 pass rush rating in so few snaps, good for 8th in the NFL at his position.

WR DeSean Jackson was 1st in the NFL in QB passer rating when the ball is thrown his way with a rating of 124.4, but it wasn't Foles skewing his numbers as Cooper didn't even crack the top 40. Meanwhile, Jackson also ranked 7th in the NFL in percent of passes dropped (7th lowest drop percentage) and 4th in yards per route run behind only Calvin Johnson, Josh Gordon and Anquan Boldin.

34DE Cedric Thornton was 2nd only to J.J. Watt in stop percentage in run defense (constituting a negative play for the offense).

34OLB Trent Cole was 2nd only to Terrell Suggs in stop percentage in run defense.

CB Brandon Boykin was 1st in the NFL in coverage with a score of +14.3 and 7th in QB passer rating against him.

eznark

Banned
For you accountant types, overthecap.com has a nice breakdown of where every teams salary is for 2014. The Raiders are sitting pretty after absorbing that 30 million in dead money in 2013.

Saints, Cowboys and Steelers currently the top three teams in money committed to the cap going into the season.

Packers have the 10th most room on the books. Rodgers is killing their ability to compete!!!

rokkerkory

I was sad that we don't have a 1st round pick this year.

then I looked at our 1st rounders the last few years.

Gonzalez/(No pick)/Donald Brown/Jerry Hughes/Castonzo/Luck/Werner.

That's like, 2.5 rotation players in 7 years. We would've screwed it up anyway!

Compare that to our 1996 - 2003 run:

Marvin/Tarik Glenn/Peyton/Edge/Rob Morris/Wayne/Freeney/Clark.

They lost a first round pick for Richardson right? How many 2nd round picks does Indy have?

MechDX

oh boy...
or girl???

BOB is gonna kick has flighty ass.

On another note....look at this sexy motherfucker!

Bd4D5XICYAAVkZj.jpg:large

We should draft his brothers so we can have a complete set.

Haha, never thought of it that way! I finished the village with only 2 dudes in the demo... I should probably bring my 3DS out of the house more often.

The problem is you won't get anything from street pass unless that person has the demo and has set up street pass within the demo. I got most of my villagers off of one friend. I'll definitely be getting the majority of my villagers from the network which is why it will be nice to start out with 20 plus at the start. Does streetpass work well anywhere in the states? Maybe LA and NY.

eznark

Banned

I thought you were skipping the demo? Why do you lie to me?

Fuck football.

Don't feel bad. Women have a gene that makes them awesome at football related gambling without even trying. Next time if you want to win have a woman pick for you - preferably one who knows absolutely nothing about football.

I'm glad to see McCoy is finally being utilized as he should be, guy was always a stud. We'll be shutting his ass down when we play each other this next season though ;)

I thought you were skipping the demo? Why do you lie to me?

You're thinking of me. My buddy told me that the demo didn't contain any store from the main game (which is when I finally realized what you meant with your post) and more importantly, that you could transfer some of your data to the main game and once I read up how useful it would be to transfer 20 villagers, I snagged it.

Edit: Oh, didn't know Red said he wouldn't as well

The cap in 2014 is set at 126.3 million.

Niners have more room than I thought. Excite.

I can't wait for Douchernik and little Wussel to get their big pay days, all within the window of other important pieces being up for their contract, I believe. Soon you two will start losing players, soon.

I can't wait for Douchernik and little Wussel to get their big pay days, all within the window of other important pieces being up for their contract, I believe. Soon you two will start losing players, soon.

Haters gonna hate Squall. Your a fan of a team that will perpetually underperform and suck. Its like the Sharks for me, you learn to live with the fact that your team will never win anything meaningful in your pathetic lifetime.

eznark

Banned

QB deals are never crippling as long as the QB is performing. Generally they are long enough that it's super easy to manipulate the payment schedule which will allow for additional cap room.

bionic77

Niners have more room than I thought. Excite.
How much will they have after they sign Kaep and whoever else they have to this year?

Don't feel bad. Women have a gene that makes them awesome at football related gambling without even trying. Next time if you want to win have a woman pick for you - preferably one who knows absolutely nothing about football.
Normally I do really well in this pool and normally it is people who know something about football who win. The people who know nothing usually only do well when they are like 9 upsets or at the beginning of the season where old teams are dying and new ones are rising each season.

Gisele is a great mom

0113-gisele-bundchen-x17-3.jpg
She doesn't look that hot but I am pretty sure I have never seen a photo of Tammy looking nearly as tough as his wife does. Bet the other Pat players don't leave her hanging either when she throws out a high five.

cdyhybrid

Sorry brah, neither of them is getting a Flacco contract. They haven't played well enough to get one.

Fuck football.

Hey now, it's one thing to tease Gata about being a Jags fan, an Oompa-Loompa or living in Florida; but leave his intelligence alone!

I like this photo.

BdwtvMhCUAAuSKj.jpg

Pretty nice view of Seattle.

Spinluck

Gisele is a great mom

0113-gisele-bundchen-x17-3.jpg

Leaving her to do all the damn work. She must feel like Blount this past Sunday (not that Tammy even had to get in uniform that game).

Tammy is such a prick, and a shitty wife. Sad that she is will be forever stuck defending Tammy's SB choke jobs. She should leave him for a winner like Eli.

Leaving her to do all the damn work. She must feel like Blount this past Sunday (not that Tammy even had to get in uniform that game).

Tammy is such a prick, and a shitty wife. Sad that she is will be forever stuck defending Tammy's SB choke jobs. She should leave him for a winner like Eli.

Maybe if the Colts could build a complete team they wouldnt have to depend on the QB winning the game all the time.

Top Bottom