• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Divisional |OT| Don't Call It A Comeback

I never got a response from Pats GAF if they thought they would fork up the dough to resign Talib or let him walk.

No chime-in of your favorite Costner movie EZ and Bionic?

To be fair, none of the QB's in the playoffs have ever won a SB.
peyton-sbtrophy_1381876a.JPG

?

eznark

Banned
I never got a response from Pats GAF if they thought they would fork up the dough to resign Talib or let him walk.

I celebrate his whole catalog but I think his most underappreciate film is For Love of the Game.

If you put a gun to my head and made me pick my favorite it would be Tin Cup.

I'm just glad Whiz is finally off our books now. If your team picks him, pray to god he doesn't give his buddy Russ Grim a job and fuck up your OL. It will most likely happen and you will know our pain. At least in Detroit's case, they have a decent QB which is the only way to survive a Whiz era.

Bread

Banned

i honestly have no idea at this point. it's obvious that he has been our best corner, but dennard and ryan have shown a lot of growth this season. i would rather not resign him if it comes down to him and edelman, but i doubt it will.

They should re-sign him but not if they have to pay him Revis money. It will depend on him, they will make him an offer they think is fair, if he can get more somewhere else and is just in it for the money then he will be gone.

Bread

Banned
They should re-sign him but not if they have to pay him Revis money. It will depend on him, they will make him an offer they think is fair, if he can get more somewhere else and is just in it for the money then he will be gone.
if they have to pay him revis money, they should just go get revis
*drools*

Thanks for the input, I'd love to have Talib opposite Peterson but he'll be too expensive I'm sure. I'm curious to see what he'll ask.

I celebrate his whole catalog but I think his most underappreciate film is For Love of the Game.

If you put a gun to my head and made me pick my favorite it would be Tin Cup.

I only saw Tin Cup once so my memory isn't as vivid of that film. I thought Wyatt Earp would appeal to your sensibilities ;) Tombstone is better though because...Doc

Talon

Gettleman must look at the cap numbers for Charles Johnson, DeAngelo Williams, and Jonathan Stewart and shake his head.

Next year:

CJ - 16,420,000
DW - 6,333,333
JStew - 8,496,250

CJ's good, but that contract was exorbidant. Now they have to resign Hardy and Gross.

Thanks, Hurney!

Signed, NFC South.

eznark

Banned
Thanks for the input, I'd love to have Talib opposite Peterson but he'll be too expensive I'm sure. I'm curious to see what he'll ask.

I only saw Tin Cup once so my memory isn't as vivid of that film. I thought Wyatt Earp would appeal to your sensibilities ;) Tombstone is better though because...Doc

Wyatt Earp is clearly the better film. Tombstone is a van damme western.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I'm just glad Whiz is finally off our books now. If your team picks him, pray to god he doesn't give his buddy Russ Grim a job and fuck up your OL. It will most likely happen and you will know our pain. At least in Detroit's case, they have a decent QB which is the only way to survive a Whiz era.

Grimm will be OC, apparently.

No wonder SD was having their way, Chris Harris went out...and now he's done for the postseason. That sucks...we'll just have to deal with it somehow.

Bowser

Gettleman must look at the cap numbers for Charles Johnson, DeAngelo Williams, and Jonathan Stewart and shake his head.

Next year:

CJ - 16,420,000
DW - 6,333,333
JStew - 8,496,250

CJ's good, but that contract was exorbidant. Now they have to resign Hardy and Gross.

Thanks, Hurney!

Signed, NFC South.

Hardy will be franchised, Gross will prob sign a 1 or 2 year deal then retire.

The J-Stew contract is the real killer. CJ is overpaid but at least he's productive. D-Will has his flashes and can be cut after next season for next to no cap hit. J-Stew, well, we're stuck with him.

Hunter S.

OBR snowballing with regards to Gase to the Browns. Something said on a local radio show or something? I know nothing about him. I thought Peyton was the OC in Denver.
This is a copycat league.

You could say it worked for the Chargers, but then again they have been at .500 for years.

TheFatOne

No idea. Would love for them to resign him. He's been the Pats best corner, but their other corners show promise. They also have to sign some other players. My feeling is that they give him the franchise tag, but I have no clue it's just a gut feeling type of situation.

So Whisenhunt may choose Tennessee over Detroit.

If that happens, rumors are Munchak would be the Lions coach and I'd lose any glimmer of hope for this franchise over the next 5 years.

But Detroit is the most wanted opening ever. Lombardi him self is going to rise from the grave to take it.

/kas

jakncoke

Banned
As much as I hate the final 4 and most of their fanbase. 1 decent thing out of this is all havent won in awhile or ever.

New England 2004 (3-4)
Denver 1998 (2-4)
Seattle never (0-1 forever)
San Fran 1994 (5-1)

Bread

Banned
As much as I hate the final 4 and most of their fanbase. 1 decent thing out of this is all havent won in awhile or ever.

New England 2004 (3-4)
Denver 1998 (2-4)
San Fran 1994 (5-1)
hopefully your seahawks can pull it out this time jnc!

New England 2004 (3-4)
Denver 1998 (2-4)
San Fran 1994 (5-1)

I'm ok with Den or Sea winning it, fuck the Pats and 9ers have enough, they can wait a while longer.

Ah, Talib can be franchised this year? That's probably the most likely outcome.

I hope the Pats either let him walk, thus crippling their defense, or vastly overpay him so that they cant get anyone else to improve their team in FA. Them franchising him would be the worst outcome.

TheFatOne

I hope the Pats either let him walk, thus crippling their defense, or vastly overpay him so that they cant get anyone else to improve their team in FA. Them franchising him would be the worst outcome.

LOL Like the Pats are going to get anyone big in free agency. They are far more likely to trade a pick for a player than sign a big name free agent. The Pats will try to retain their players and add a high reward low risk type of guy to the team.

If they were too cheap to pay Welker they won't be throwing down on Talib. Unless their scouts are so incompetent that they determined Amendola would completely replicate his production. I know no one watches the Rams, but the guy was always made of glass. I can't deny the potential if he somehow stayed on the field for a season, however.

slabrock

Banned
But Detroit is the most wanted opening ever. Lombardi him self is going to rise from the grave to take it.

/kas

It's a tough situation. Lions probably have the most talent but it will be hard to mold the team into what you want because of cap space. Also the Lions have the highest expectations of the teams looking for a coach.

ShaneB

Is it league obligation that the AFC game is the early one? I figure they would've wanted Peyton/Brady to be the primetime game. I guess it doesn't matter either way, but still!

manfestival

I dont care about who wins from NFC but I gave my sword to the seahawks

Denver all the way, the chaotic evil of the patriots must be brought down by Gandalf the manning and the fellowship of the broncos

Top Bottom