• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Divisional |OT| Don't Call It A Comeback

manfestival

Saw you on the freeway today, gator

fQTt1ML.png

gators? disgusting!

Any of you bros do GAF GOTY lists? I want links to posts! Always cool to see what NFL-GAF is having fun with, game-wise.

Sorry if this is too off-topic but it's not like anyone cares about football right now, it's the beginning of the off-season. Bring on the draft!

Close. <$5 sushi!

Just thought I saw a cat head on that plates and was like "what the heck?" Probably is still cat in there somewhere.

Any of you bros do GAF GOTY lists? I want links to posts! Always cool to see what NFL-GAF is having fun with, game-wise.

Sorry if this is too off-topic but it's not like anyone cares about football right now, it's the beginning of the off-season. Bring on the draft!

My GOTY is A Link Between Worlds. I'd also give Fire Emblem: Awakening a shout out too, but I'm not even sure it is the best in its series let alone the year. Great game none the less.

cdyhybrid

1) Skyrim
2) DotA2
3) AC4
4-10) I haven't played anything else this year

rando14

Tie between last of us and zelda albw

I played a ton of games last year but it is always hard to rember everything by the end of the year. Off the top of my head I would probably say Ryse. I loved the story and the combat was really fun on the hardest difficulties once you got the hang of it. The mp is also a blast, I love old school arcade games and the mp really has the feel. I am sure I am forgetting something that I would put above it but it is a fantastic game. Cant wait to see what they do with the sequel.

ShaneB

Do books count? Here's my top 5 list of my favourites I read last year :p Top 5 books read in 2013

As for games.. I draw a blank since I didn't play much. I guess Civ V Brave New World wins by default, which is not a bad choice.

Greg

I'm disqualified

I think the only games I played all year were Hot Shots Golf on Vita, the FIFA demo on Vita, and Path of Exile on PC

edit: I take that back - Terraria was awesome for like a week

Since I started school again last year I've missed out on a ton of games :(

my list is something like

1: Journey
2: Gravity Rush

.....yeah..and I don't think those came out in 2013 right? I played other games but I can't remember them/didn't finish them.

bionic77

I didn't play a lot of games but I am pretty sure that Fire Emblem was the game of the year this year and every year after it.

Everything on the consoles looked kind of shitty to be honest. I really hate that all of the Japanese gaming companies are pretty much dead. I am fucking sick of dudebro shooters. Seems like my only option for any kind of non-western gaming is the 3DS and DS.

I don't get TLoU hype, is just the fake feels?

I played a ton of Fire Emblem Awakening and DotA2 this year. Link Between Worlds was aces.

I know I played a bunch of other games but I can't rember any off the top of my head.

The Last of Us was my game of the year.

I played a ton of stuff and the standouts for me outside of that were Bioshock Infinite (I loved it so to hell with the haters), Resogun, Hotline Miami and I would add my voice to Assassin's Creed 4 as well. Its easily the best game in the series even with its over reliance on eavesdrop and tailing missions.

I don't get TLoU hype, is just the fake feels?
People have different opinions. Shock and awe.;)

The Last of Us was my game of the year.

I played a ton of stuff and the standouts for me outside of that were Bioshock Infinite (I loved it so to hell with the haters), Resogun, Hotline Miami and I would add my voice to Assassin's Creed 4 as well. Its easily the best game in the series even with its over reliance on eavesdrop and tailing missions.
I've played all the AC games but I got bored after a few hours with 3 and haven't gone back to it. Should I just skip it and pick up 4? Also, you consistently have some of the best gaming taste on GAF, my friend!

I've played all the AC games but I got bored after a few hours with 3 and haven't gone back to it. Should I just skip it and pick up 4?
Yes.

4 has connections to the other games in terms of the real world stuff and the whole sci-fi story nonsense but it keeps it to a bare minimum and is easily ignorable. I spent 30 hours with it and the real world stuff comprised maybe two hours max.

Its not perfect as it suffers from the same repetition in the other games but it does a far far better job of hiding it because there is so much to do. Boarding ships and being all piratey just doesn't get old.:D

EDIT:....and thanks!

njean777

1.TLOU
2.Zelda:ALBW
3.Bioshock Infinite
4.Pokemon
5.Metal Gear Rising

Played some more but COD and BF4 have been my most time played this year.

Crisco

Banned
Jordan Gross mulling retirement. That would be a major blow, and would immediately necessitate drafting a tackle in the first round, which we might have done anyway given Byron Bell's struggles. I hope he see's the potential in this team and decides to stick around to see it through. Only a couple pieces away from being a legit contender for the next few seasons.

Looking through my trophies these are the games I played last year:

LBP2
Tales from Space
Mortal Kombat Vita
Uncharted Vita
Nights into dreams (loved it on saturn)
LBPVita
Rayman Origins
FFXIII
Journey
Sideway
Sly 1
Bloodrayne
Star Wars Pinball
Plants vs Zombies Vita and 2 on phone
Lara Croft: Guardian of light
Retro City Rampage
White Knight Chronicles
Hot Shots Vita
Madden 13 Vita
Unfinished song (couldn't finish because my cats kept playing with the move light :/)
Tokyo Jungle
Gravity Rush

Nintendo DS:
Mario 3DS

So these are my top 5:
Journey
Gravity Rush
Rayman Origins
LBP2/Vita
Uncharted Vita

not sure any of these came out last year though lol I have a giant backlog

Fantomex

Oh my goodness. I was about to throw a chair out the window. The camera in Metal Gear Raiden is absolutely gata. Did 12 year olds develop it?

Haters gonna hate Squall. Your a fan of a team that will perpetually underperform and suck. Its like the Sharks for me, you learn to live with the fact that your team will never win anything meaningful in your pathetic lifetime.
Of course I'm going to hate, division rival, brah. JNC at your under perform comment!!! We did the polar opposite, fool! Which one of you guys predicted we'd get 10 wins this season? hmm? I'd say getting to the big dance was meaningful though obviously nowhere near winning one. Unlike organizations like the Browns and Jags, we broke through the shit cycle and are in good hands now. If you think we won't be competitive in the years to come you are naive.
QB deals are never crippling as long as the QB is performing. Generally they are long enough that it's super easy to manipulate the payment schedule which will allow for additional cap room.
Sorry brah, neither of them is getting a Flacco contract. They haven't played well enough to get one.
This means my troll was successful, right? ;) Although I'll legitimately feel this way if Kap gets a lot of guaranteed money. Regardless, it IS going to get tough for those two teams in the next two seasons with all the contracts that are up.

GOTY was easily The Last of Us and before that I enjoyed Bioshock Infinite. I finally picked up a 3DS XL as well so played catchup on a number of games I enjoyed but I'm not sure when each of them actually came out.

I'm forgetting a lot of stuff but the games I played in 2013 that I can remember:

1. GTA V

2. Journey
3. Batman: Arkham Origins
4. Fifa 14
5. Killzone: Shadowfall
6. Far Cry 3
7. LA Noir

Battlefield 4 is going on my 2014 list.

PFF has posted their 2013 Offensive Line rankings:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/01/13/2013-offensive-line-rankings/

Bottom 5:

32. Arizona Cardinals
31. Atlanta Falcons
30. Jacksonville Jaguars
29. NY Giants
28. Baltimore Ravens

Top 5:

1. Denver Broncos
2. Cincinnati Bengals
3. Washington Redskins
4. Dallas Cowboys
5. Cleveland Browns

Giants:

29. New York Giants (11th)
PB: 31st, RB: 16th, PEN: 4th

Stud: In good news for the G-Men, rookie Justin Pugh (+7.1) got better and better as the season went on. Derided by many as something of a reach and with questions as to whether he can hold up at tackle, he was the biggest success story in a bad year for the Giants.

Dud: He&#8217;s been kicked around every position but center in his time as a Giant, but David Diehl (-26.5) really didn&#8217;t take to life at right guard. He earned this grade despite missing five games and at this point just can&#8217;t handle better athletes lining up opposite him.

Analysis: Injuries didn&#8217;t help, with the loss of David Bass seeing Kevin Boothe move to center where he would struggle. That created all sorts of shuffling and was further compounded by Chris Snee having his season ended after 188 snaps. Throw in Will Beatty responding to getting paid with a huge drop off from his 2012 season and you have the perfect storm. A once proud unit is now a major question mark.

So much rebuilding to do on this line its not even funny. Pugh is the only certainty at this point. Where they play him though? Who knows.

Bottom 5:

32. Arizona Cardinals
31. Atlanta Falcons
30. Jacksonville Jaguars
29. NY Giants
28. Baltimore Ravens

Top 5:

1. Denver Broncos
2. Cincinnati Bengals
3. Washington Redskins
4. Dallas Cowboys
5. Cleveland Browns

Giants:

So much rebuilding to do on this line its not even funny. Pugh is the only certainty at this point. Where they play him though? Who knows.

Dolphins at 19? LMAO

Talon

Whoo! Better than the Cardinals.
Stud: I hesitate in calling Justin Blalock (+6.8) a stud because he&#8217;s symptomatic of some of the wrong moves this franchise has made in years gone by. Namely, treating a good player like a great one when it comes to contract negotiations. Still you can get by with five Blalock-level talents on your line. You can&#8217;t cope when he&#8217;s the best of the bunch.

Dud: The team didn&#8217;t envisage Lamarr Holmes (-32.3) starting on the left side and before Mike Johnson&#8217;s injury probably didn&#8217;t see him starting at all. As it was, he had a baptism of fire giving up the second highest number of quarterback disruptions of any tackle.

Analysis: They overpaid Sam Baker who promptly got injured, cut the reliable Tyson Clabo and had to deal with Todd McClure retiring. It was likely to be a rough transition but nobody saw this coming. The team had to alter their passing attack (screens and quick get outs for Matt Ryan) because whoever they fielded at tackle couldn&#8217;t defend the outside rush, and they allowed far too much penetration up the middle. Gave up more pressure than any other line. Without serious personnel questions answered it&#8217;s hard to see how this isn&#8217;t a disaster next year.
My prediction:

Jake Matthews, Blalock, Hawley, Konz (they won't give up on him quite yet), Sam Baker

Mike Johnson back on a veteran minimum deal (he went on the IR over Training Camp and had the RT job tied down). Trueblood definitely gone. Schraeder and Holmes will be brought back since they're cheap for depth.

Draxal

Fire Emblem was my goty, however I didn't really play many games this year.

Gal Civ 3 will win my goty for 2014 if it comes out then.

Giants

I like him at guard, not so much that he would be a better guard, but having a guard that can kickout to tackle when a tackle goes down would be valuable.

Bottom 5:

32. Arizona Cardinals
31. Atlanta Falcons
30. Jacksonville Jaguars
29. NY Giants
28. Baltimore Ravens

Top 5:

1. Denver Broncos
2. Cincinnati Bengals
3. Washington Redskins
4. Dallas Cowboys
5. Cleveland Browns

Giants:

Please Football gods, let us finally draft a legit stud LT. If we can do that and with Cooper coming back, our OL will be a whole different animal this season. Still need a C and RG replacement but the guys we have are servicable enough that we won't be a complete bottom feeder in this category at long last. Trouble is, now that Erving and Oghbuewhatever is staying in school, it's suddenly doubtful a great prospect will fall to us :( Come to us Lewan, come!

rando14

Bottom 5:

32. Arizona Cardinals
31. Atlanta Falcons
30. Jacksonville Jaguars
29. NY Giants
28. Baltimore Ravens

Top 5:

1. Denver Broncos
2. Cincinnati Bengals
3. Washington Redskins
4. Dallas Cowboys
5. Cleveland Browns

Giants:

#26!! Awww yeeeeah :cool:

Bowie has been a nice surprise. Mcquistan surely is gone.

Draxal

Please Football gods, let us finally draft a legit stud LT. If we can do that and with Cooper coming back, our OL will be a whole different animal this season. Still need a C and RG replacement but the guys we have are servicable enough that we won't be a complete bottom feeder in this category at long last. Trouble is, now that Erving and Oghbuewhatever is staying in school, it's suddenly doubtful a great prospect will fall to us :( Come to us Lewan, come!

Lewan isn't going to get past the Giants and Dolphins. There's no way.

Pretty impressive that the Cards almost made the playoffs with the worst OL in the league and no QB.

In the toughest division in the league, too. If we were in just about any other division, we would have been in. What I love about how brutal our division is now is that anyone that makes it to the post season is a legit contender. We'll be better next year and our divisional games are going to be so fun to watch.

Lewan isn't going to pass the Giants and Dolphins. There's no way.

I know :( Wonder if we'll throw money at Albert now that the LT pool isn't so large anymore. If we miss out at LT we'll either snag Ebron or one of the top 2 CBs if we don't move back.

Fantomex

Fantomsexies Favorite Games 2013

1. Ni No Kuni
  2. Super Mario World 3D
  3. Animal Crossing New Leaf
  4. The Last of Us
  5. Arkham Origins (Come at me bros)

GTA V is not on my list because I'm not about DAT LIFE anymore. I haven't played A Link Between Worlds or Fire Emblem yet but loved the demos at Gamestop.

Crisco

Banned

Bottom 5:

32. Arizona Cardinals
31. Atlanta Falcons
30. Jacksonville Jaguars
29. NY Giants
28. Baltimore Ravens

Top 5:

1. Denver Broncos
2. Cincinnati Bengals
3. Washington Redskins
4. Dallas Cowboys
5. Cleveland Browns

Giants:

Panthers probably a bit higher than I expected, but I thought the line performed pretty well throughout the season despite the obvious holes at guard and right tackle. If either of those FCS guards we drafted show a pulse we'll only be a right tackle away from a solid line for a couple more years (assuming Gross doesn't retire).

Having no idea what their ratings are supposed to represent makes the rankings useless IMO. Also, judging by their rating of Decastro in the Lions game the level of talent across from them means nothing.

Hunter S.

Bottom 5:

32. Arizona Cardinals
31. Atlanta Falcons
30. Jacksonville Jaguars
29. NY Giants
28. Baltimore Ravens

Top 5:

1. Denver Broncos
2. Cincinnati Bengals
3. Washington Redskins
4. Dallas Cowboys
5. Cleveland Browns

Giants:

Picking up Louis Vasquez from the Chargers was almost as big as picking up Welker. No sacks allowed. Only one penalty if I recall correctly. Exactly as good as advertised.

This is also without all star right tackle Ryan Clady all year who was injured.

Draxal

Having no idea what their ratings are supposed to represent makes the rankings useless IMO. Also, judging by their rating of Decastro in the Lions game the level of talent across from them means nothing.

Rankings/stats means so little in NFL where the sample size is nonexistant. Give me good old fashioned scouting any day in football.

Of course I'm going to hate, division rival, brah. JNC at your under perform comment!!! We did the polar opposite, fool! Which one of you guys predicted we'd get 10 wins this season? hmm? I'd say getting to the big dance was meaningful though obviously nowhere near winning one. Unlike organizations like the Browns and Jags, we broke through the shit cycle and are in good hands now. If you think we won't be competitive in the years to come you are naive.

I meant in the lifetime of your organization. Don't worry you'll probably make the playoffs next year and then get stomped on. Tis the life cycle of the Arizona Cardinals.

Top Bottom