• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Divisional |OT| Don't Call It A Comeback

Bread

Banned
If they were too cheap to pay Welker they won't be throwing down on Talib. Unless their scouts are so incompetent that they determined Amendola would completely replicate his production. I know no one watches the Rams, but the guy was always made of glass. I can't deny the potential if he somehow stayed on the field for a season, however.
Amendola didn't replicate his production, but another guy named Julian Edelman did...

simples

Banned
If they were too cheap to pay Welker they won't be throwing down on Talib. Unless their scouts are so incompetent that they determined Amendola would completely replicate his production. I know no one watches the Rams, but the guy was always made of glass. I can't deny the potential if he somehow stayed on the field for a season, however.
the offense doesn't miss welker, Edelman/amendola more than enough makes up for that loss with less money. so the scouts made the right choice

it misses a deep threat and gronk/Hernandez ; ;

the offense doesn't miss welker, Edelman/amendola more than enough makes up for that loss with less money. so the scouts made the right choice

it misses a deep threat and gronk/Hernandez ; ;

What is the point of a deep threat if you dont have anyone to get them the ball.

Super%2BBowl%2BXLIV%2BMxLmJE9zXg7l.jpg

I'll never forgive Hank Baskett for letting that ball bounce off his facemask.

Stahp, pls.

Tom Penny

What is the point of a deep threat if you dont have anyone to get them the ball.

Gronk and Hernandez aren't even deep threats so I don't know what he's talking about. Gronk is simply a Redzone monster in the passing and blocking game. What I do know is in the stretch Gronk played this year they immediately averaged the most points in the league and had the best redzone offense in the league during that time. Obviously Welker would have made that same impact....

Talib ain't coming back, Pats cheap :/
same with Edelgod, he'll get paid by someone else

i can already see "We think dobson, thompkins, etc are the future, we don't need eldeman"

i miss woodhead headwood :'(

A Lions fan I know was bitching about Wiz yesterday and said, "San Diego can't even score a field goal in a half of football and everybody wants their OC to be the next Lions head coach".

Brilliant.

Hunter S.

Is it league obligation that the AFC game is the early one? I figure they would've wanted Peyton/Brady to be the primetime game. I guess it doesn't matter either way, but still!

On Sunday prime time does not matter as much. They just put it after church.

The league also seems to have a predetermined schedule every year.

I dont care about who wins from NFC but I gave my sword to the seahawks

Denver all the way, the chaotic evil of the patriots must be brought down by Gandalf the manning and the fellowship of the broncos
:jnc It is just like the Return of the King.

Fantomex

Have any of you played Tales of Xillia? It's $10 on PSN and I'm thinking of picking it up. I never finished Tales of Vesperia but thought it was cool.

Looking at you Darkest.

eznark

Banned
They alternate each year. Last year the NFC went first.

I don't think they necessarily alternate do they? In this case it makes sense to put the west coast game on as late as possible since both teams are leftist coast trash and the reefer madness won't have dissipated til early evening.

bionic77

Wyatt Earp is clearly the better film. Tombstone is a van damme western.
Sorry you are wrong.

Tombstone is better. The only flaw in that movie are Wyatt's 2 love interests. If someone edits that crap out of it the film it would be perfect.

I like Andrew Luck but I can tell the media is going to change that. He's the new darling Golden Boy QB who's successes are overblown and struggles are glossed over. It's incredible.If Kaep turned the ball over like Luck in the playoffs the national narrative would be questioning if he belonged in the league.

Luck is the Randy Orton of the NFL. Handpicked by The Authority to be face of the company.
Luck has earned the accolades. He plays on a team with no talent other than him. He has benefited from an extremely weak division (as PeyPey did before him), but you have to be a hater not to be impressed with how much he has accomplished with so little around him.

And don't worry the positive attention will fade soon enough. In the end all the media focuses on is stats in the regular season and wins in the postseason. The former can keep them on your side for a little bit, but if you are not winning championships eventually they will turn on you. As great as a job as Harbaugh as done in San Fran he is going to get shit on for his antics if they don't pull off a SB soon.

Tom Penny

A Lions fan I know was bitching about Wiz yesterday and said, "San Diego can't even score a field goal in a half of football and everybody wants their OC to be the next Lions head coach".

Brilliant.

Apples to oranges. Now he will be working with an elite QB who turned Megatron into an elite WR.

eznark

Banned
Tombstone is a more accessible movie. Wyatt Earp is a more interesting movie.

I prefer watching Tombstone but I also realize it's the inferior film.

I like Andrew Luck but I can tell the media is going to change that. He's the new darling Golden Boy QB who's successes are overblown and struggles are glossed over. It's incredible.If Kaep turned the ball over like Luck in the playoffs the national narrative would be questioning if he belonged in the league.

Luck is the Randy Orton of the NFL. Handpicked by The Authority to be face of the company.

Better to over deliver with garbage than under deliver with stacked talent.

rando14

Tales of Xillia is great if you like Tales games (specifically the newer lot: vesperia etc). Battle system is solid. No world map, they kind of made the world like Final Fantasy XII's (wide connecting areas, which I like). Characters are pretty good, though I feel like a couple could have been expanded more.

Overall I'd recommend it. Definitely worth $10 for sure imo.

Have any of you played Tales of Xillia? It's $10 on PSN and I'm thinking of picking it up. I never finished Tales of Vesperia but thought it was cool.

Looking at you Darkest.
I was contemplating asking the thread that same question. :p Haven't played a Tales game since Symphonia on the 'cube, not sure I want to invest 40-50 hours in this one... Choices, choices.

I do know I'm going to be picking up Bravely Default when it hits February 7th, though. Can't wait for that one.

eznark

Banned
Tales of Xillia is great if you like Tales games (specifically the newer lot: vesperia etc). Battle system is solid. No world map, they kind of made the world like Final Fantasy XII's (wide connecting areas, which I like). Characters are pretty good, though I feel like a couple could have been expanded more.

sold

Spinluck

Super%2BBowl%2BXLIV%2BMxLmJE9zXg7l.jpg

I'll never forgive Hank Baskett for letting that ball bounce off his facemask.

The Pierre Garcon drop was worse.

The Peyton choke at the end killed me though, but if Garcon makes that catch it's a TD and the game changes. Still hurts, and Baskett is as useless as his unattractive wife.

TheFatOne

I still favor broncos against pats. Brady has no weapons and their defense beside talib sucks so bad.

Pats corners are good, and they have a legit safety in McCourty. The only places that suck for the Pats defense right now are linebackers, and interior defensive lineman. Although, Hightower has been much better the last few weeks, and Collins was a beast the last game.

Spinluck

Where the fuck is that $10???

EDIT; Nvm

Doomsayer

Tombstone is much more entertaining, but I agree with Bionic about that terrible love interest nonsense.

I haven't seen Wyatt in sometime, maybe its time to revisit it.

Talon

The Pierre Garcon drop was worse.

The Peyton choke at the end killed me though, but if Garcon makes that catch it's a TD and the game changes. Still hurts, and Baskett is as useless as his unattractive wife.
Reggie rounded off that route like he wasn't expecting the ball.

Spinluck

They talk a lot more about how great your team is than Luck. Our fan base sucks, and we're not really large market (lol can barely sellout playoff games in a fucking dome). So you guys still get far more attention so I'm not sure why complain about these things

I will never understand people who hate players because the media can't shut the fuck up (something out of the players control), that is all on the media. Luck doesn't do shitty headphone commercials, he doesn't persuade kids that McDonalds is good for you, he doesn't flag beg like a bitch. He also isn't on social media and he does not wear merchandise from other teams.

He sponsors awesome things like FIFA, as seen here. He's easy to like! But not easy to look at! But I do understand the annoyance in hearing talking heads masturbate over a player. Especially during a game. Dierdorf nearly gave himself blue balls gushing over Brady this past weekend. While all he did to fuck us up was hand it all off Blount. But it's Luck so it's acceptable, he actually won a playoff game with this garbage ass team.

Meier

Walter Football has us taking Khalil Mack at #7 (ugh, I'm still so annoyed we fell down that far.. what a waste) which could be a pretty great pick.

Narag

Neat

Fantomex

For 10 bucks i'd do it. Tales games are fun if a bit corny, that's a great deal.

Even Negative Deacon likes the deal!

I was contemplating asking the thread that same question. :p Haven't played a Tales game since Symphonia on the 'cube, not sure I want to invest 40-50 hours in this one... Choices, choices.

I do know I'm going to be picking up Bravely Default when it hits February 7th, though. Can't wait for that one.

You know I'm picking up that Bravely Default son! I need it! But Tales of Vesperia was a superb game. I'm gonna trust them.

So many good deals this week, I'm buying Xillia with some other ps3 games and a ton of vita games

Phins Gaf form Voltron!

It hurts because Collie was wide open down the middle :-(

There was nothing that could've stopped that from being a bad play. Phil Simms already cursed it by proclaiming not to blitz. God hates humanity enough to have given Phil Simms a Finals MVP performance then torment us by keeping him employed despite continually making the wrong prediction every single game.

Spinluck

There was nothing that could've stopped that from being a bad play. Phil Simms already cursed it by proclaiming not to blitz. God hates humanity enough to have given Phil Simms a Finals MVP performance then torment us by keeping him employed despite continually making the wrong prediction every single game.

Looking back at it was a bit funny.

"They can't keep blitzing Manning. Blah blah" pick 6.

Top Bottom