• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Divisional |OT| Don't Call It A Comeback

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Who can't we afford?

Pwill, bowman, brooks, the Mac, justin all signed long term. Rogers and brown gone oh well. Reid defensive rookie of my heart. Whitner likely gone. Aldon idk.

This is where great coaching comes in. I think we have the best defensive coaching staff in the league from top to bottom. Obviously starts with lord fangio but you've got tomsula and leavitt who are incredible position coaches as well. I am confident we will make it work.

This is why I told you years ago your team would be mediocre until Schwartz was fired. I hope you find your harbs brother

I agree that you guys are extremely well coached. One of the top staffs in the league. You were able to sign those guys because you had the luxury of not paying a QB top dollar, and even had Alexis renegotiate his contract before Harbs came in IIRC.

All those guys are signed long term but once the salary cap comes into play it comes down to drafting because guys will get cut quick to make room for Kaeps salary. But the Lions do have one of the best front 7's and I include DeAndre Levy and Stephen Tulloch in that. Again the stats have the Lions in the Top 5 in almost every category when it comes to defensive rushing statistics.

Anyways brother enjoy the ride, I know I would. And Stafford willing I'll be enjoying it next year.

squicken

Yeah, garbage HC candidate.

He had no idea how to organize a passing drill his first week on the job in TEN. This year he had no idea where the ball was placed on PATs. I cannot believe he is being considered for a HC role again. He was position coach that went to HC. White Singletary. Jim Zorn part 2

I agree that you guys are extremely well coached. One of the top staffs in the league. You were able to sign those guys because you had the luxury of not paying a QB top dollar, and even had Alexis renegotiate his contract before Harbs came in IIRC.

All those guys are signed long term but once the salary cap comes into play it comes down to drafting. But the Lions do have one of the best front 7's and I include DeAndre Levy and Stephen Tulloch in that. Again the stats have the Lions in the Top 5 in almost every category when it comes to defensive rushing statistics.

Anyways brother enjoy the ride, I know I would. And Stafford willing I'll be enjoying it next year.

We don't overpay people. Look at the contracts for the players I mentioned: below market value. It's funny because success means you get guys coming here for cheaper. We used to have to overpay like a motherfucker for guys and all of our recent extensions or signings I'm baffled by how cheap we got the player

He had no idea how to organize a passing drill his first week on the job in TEN. This year he had no idea where the ball was placed on PATs. I cannot believe he is being considered for a HC role again. He was position coach that went to HC. White Singletary. Jim Zorn part 2

Racist.

Somebody get to work on a white Singletary pic stat!

Fantomex

There is a lot of shit-talking in these threads. Too much to go around. YH and Fantomex found out what happens when Gata gets too much razzing. Gata is a made man on these boards.

And that's why Gata gets it good on here. No. Sanjuro will never fall to the likes of you. Gata. You are not from New England. You have chosen this evil. You must make your bed and lie in it.

It just ain't his night. He could have taken Tamanon apart. Poor Gata. Never a King.

Gata could have been somebody. He could have been a contender. Now, all Gata has is a one-way ticket to Palooka-ville. He could have had class. He could have been somebody instead of a Pats fan.

Let the record reflect that the one time I got banned for 3 days was for calling Ari a dumbass on gaming side. Go figure. Never been banned or reprimanded since that one time. It was Chan that got banned for going at gata. I tend to just jab at gata. I kinda like him because he never takes stuff personal. He knows I'd tuck him in and play catch with him like his daddy that left if I actually lived near him.

Let the record reflect that the one time I got banned for 3 days was for calling Ari a dumbass on gaming side. Go figure. Never been banned or reprimanded since that one time. It was Chan that got banned for going at gata. I tend to just jab at gata. I kinda like him because he never takes stuff personal. He knows I'd tuck him in and play catch with him like his daddy that left if I actually lived near him.

Chan got banned for telling people to kill themselves and shit. Got wild before he got banned. Wonder whatever happened to him.

Doomsayer

Not to mention we have depth/potential waiting in the wings with Lemonier, Dial, Carradine, and the big x factor in Okoye. I really hope Okoye pans out. For his size, dude is a once in a generation athlete.

I forgot about all these guys... that just shows the depth we have.

Carradine is going to be a monster next season. Dial is going to be really solid as well.

If Okoye can contribute and be a force in the run game man our dline is going to be nasty for years to come.

MechDX

Didn't you say O'Brien was retaining him?

He was on the list of 4 that survived Friday and was speculated to stay but was let go the following Monday. Only the defensive line coach, Kollar, was retained....

Hell I think Benton is a damn good coach and would have been happy keeping him.

The Lions have as good of a front 7 as any of those teams listed. On top of that we have two of the best defensive tackles in the game, plus young DEs. Statistically we ranked close to the top in every defensive rushing category. Our problem was giving up long runs, and a lot of that can be attributed to secondary failing to make tackles when a play broke open.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst...SHING&conference=ALL&d-447263-s=RUSHING_YARDS

Such a dominate DL: http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...-grades-philadelphia-offensive-defensive-line

He was on the list of 4 that survived Friday and was speculated to stay but was let go the following Monday. Only the defensive line coach, Kollar, was retained....

Hell I think Benton is a damn good coach and would have been happy keeping him.

Either guy would work. Steelers need a coach who is thoroughly versed in zone blocking. Jack Bicknell, the dude they fired, was their emergency couldntgetanyonegood choice.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

One game in this years snow bowl where defensive lineman are not able to get as strong of a footing to burst out of a 3 point stance does not negate the rest of the season where the Lions were top 5 in almost every category of stopping the run.

BTW Stafford posted better numbers in his first playoff game against the Saints on the road at the Superdome in 2011 than Nick Foles did at home against the Saints this year.

One game in this years snow bowl where defensive lineman are not able to get as strong of a footing to burst out of a 3 point stance does not negate the rest of the season where the Lions were top 5 in almost every category of stopping the run.

BTW Stafford posted better stats in his first playoff game against the Saints on the road at the Superdome in 2011 than Nick Foles did at home against the Saints this year.

Uhm what? Your stupidity is really showing. Foles had 2 TD's and 0 Ints. Stafford had 3 TDs and 2 Ints. Foles also had a higher QB rating and drove his team down for a go ahead TD with 5 mins left that his D couldnt hold. Stafford put up yards in garbage time because the Saints rolled the Lions. You really dont want to compare Foles to Stafford because Foles totally shits on him.

BTW Stafford posted better numbers in his first playoff game against the Saints on the road at the Superdome in 2011 than Nick Foles did at home against the Saints this year.

What about sacks?

squicken

It will be interesting to see your team with a new staff. I thought they were less than the sum of their parts on both sides of the ball. I know you liked Schwartz, but I thought he was awful, and Cunningham and Linehan weren't much better

Suh and Stafford aren't finished products. They both need to be better than they have been for Detroit to take another step

Just for fun Foles had as many wins against teams over .500 this year as Stafford has in 5 years. I am not even sold on Foles but he is so far beyond Fatford and Foles is willing to listen to coaches so the gap will only get wider, like Fatford's wasteline.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Uhm what? Your stupidity is really showing. Foles had 2 TD's and 0 Ints. Stafford had 3 TDs and 2 Ints. Foles also had a higher QB rating and drove his team down for a go ahead TD with 5 mins left that his D couldnt hold. Stafford put up yards in garbage time because the Saints rolled the Lions. You really dont want to compare Foles to Stafford because Foles totally shits on him.

Don't get butthurt.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/20120...#menu=gameinfo&tab=analyze&analyze=playbyplay

Staffords last INT came in garbage time when we were already down by 14 or so and the Saints were in prevent defense.

(3:13) (Shotgun) 9-M.Stafford pass deep right intended for 13-N.Burleson INTERCEPTED by 33-J.Greer at 50. 33-J.Greer to DET 33 for 17 yards (13-N.Burleson).

Did you bother to check to see who our top running back was for that game?

Kevin Smith: 6 Rushing Attempts, 21 Yards

You guys had LeSean McCoy, and were at home while Stafford was on the road in his first playoff game at the Superdome, probably the second hardest stadium to play in.

Stafford has broad, strong shoulders but one man can only carry that burden for so long.

EDIT: Stafford had one rushing touchdown as well.

Who is butthurt, you are the only making stupid claims that you cant back up. A QBs job is to win games, neither guy did but Foles also doesnt turn the ball over and hurt his team like your guy routinely does. Are you ever going to drop this stupid act and just discuss football like a sane fan? You do see that you are a laughingstock, right? No one else on this site is as oblivious about his own team as you are. Hell even the die-hard Romo defenders have backed off and he is 10 times the player Fatford is.

Don't get butthurt.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/20120...#menu=gameinfo&tab=analyze&analyze=playbyplay

Staffords last INT came in garbage time when we were already down by 14 or so and the Saints were in prevent defense.

Did you bother to check to see who our top running back was for that game?

Kevin Smith: 6 Rushing Attempts, 21 Yards

You guys had LeSean McCoy, and were at home while Stafford was on the road in his first playoff game at the Superdome, probably the second hardest stadium to play in.

Stafford has broad, strong shoulders but one man can only carry that burden for so long.

EDIT: Stafford has one rushing touchdown as well.

People seem to leave out the fact that the Lions secondary drop like 2 or 3 pix sixes and there was that fumble in which the whistle was blown too early which would of ended in a defensive TD. That game should of been way more different then the outcome was.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
People seem to leave out the fact that the Lions secondary drop like 2 or 3 pix sixes and there was that fumble in which the whistle was blown too early which would of ended in a defensive TD. That game should of been way more different then the outcome was.

Yeah, I remember the game pretty well although I totally forgot about that fumble which should've been a TD for us. The Saints got a few questionable calls including IIRC one BS roughing the passer call Fairley got which swung the momentum of the game on a critical third down.

Stafford played great that game, and had a rushing touchdown as well.

I loved the work Kevin Smith put in for the Lions over the years, but the guy was hobbled at that point and was our only option at RB. Stafford had more rushing touchdowns that game than he did.

And as many as LeSean McCoy did at home against the Saints a few weeks ago.

File this under blowing my mind:

AJ McCarron is almost as tatted up as Kaepernick

shirtless-aj-mccarron.jpg

he hid that shit well

Branduil

I have nothing against tattoos on a moral level but aesthetically that just looks terrible. I mean he looks like he has some horrible disease.

squicken

File this under blowing my mind:

AJ McCarron is almost as tatted up as Kaepernick

http://coedbc.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/shirtless-aj-mccarron.jpg[/IG]

he hid that shit well[/QUOTE]

This was known at least amongst CFB fans and he was mocked for it. Seems stupid to me but I guess this a generational thing and I am an old man. If my kid came home with something like that I'd feel like I failed as a parent

cdyhybrid

It was actually much worse before. He didn't have the tats on his upper arms, so it was just this monstrosity across his chest and nothing else.

Top Bottom