• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Divisional |OT| Don't Call It A Comeback

jWILL253

Banned
I've just seen a video of a man who had his teeth pulled out, and he had FUCKING MAGGOTS living in his gums.

I think that might be the biggest nightmare in the world...

He had no idea how to organize a passing drill his first week on the job in TEN. This year he had no idea where the ball was placed on PATs. I cannot believe he is being considered for a HC role again. He was position coach that went to HC. White Singletary. Jim Zorn part 2

That only convinces me more the Browns want him. >_>

Narag

Who is butthurt, you are the only making stupid claims that you cant back up. A QBs job is to win games, neither guy did but Foles also doesnt turn the ball over and hurt his team like your guy routinely does. Are you ever going to drop this stupid act and just discuss football like a sane fan? You do see that you are a laughingstock, right? No one else on this site is as oblivious about his own team as you are. Hell even the die-hard Romo defenders have backed off and he is 10 times the player Fatford is.

That was you when you were younger and full of Kolb in your heart. :(

Tom Penny

Belichick is great of course, but he has Brady and gets a bye into a top 2 seed every year b/c of how shitty that division is. It's like the Lakers of the 80s: Very little wear and tear getting to the playoffs. Same with the Pats (and Colts) relative to the Steelers and Ravens

SF and SEA are going to beat the crap out of each other next week, and NE and DEN will play some tickle football that will leave the winner in better physical shape than the NFC champ

Exclude the AFC East entirely and the Pats are 89-30 under Belichick and Brady which would still be the best winning percentage in history unless you go back to guys like Otto Graham.

bionic77

I've just seen a video of a man who had his teeth pulled out, and he had FUCKING MAGGOTS living in his gums.

I think that's normal in Florida. It's from their diet which is a result of their extreme stupidity.

Tom Penny

Disgusting. Like this dude who hasn't showed for 60 years and smoke shit...

hadji.jpg%3Fw%3D630

Crisco

Banned
So Lions are hiring Caldwell? If I'm the Packers, I just start sitting Rodgers for the regular season. That division is totally fucking hopeless.

bionic77

So Lions are hiring Caldwell? If I'm the Packers, I just start sitting Rodgers for the regular season. That division is totally fucking hopeless.
You guys have a real dilemma.

You have a fraudulent qb who can't win at home in the playoffs and yet your division is so bad that your team is almost always guaranteed the division and a home playoff game.

The only way the Packers are going to get another SB is if they can get another wildcard but that requires someone else in the division getting more wins than them.

Maybe that is really the Lions plan with Caldwell? They would rather be losers and see Fraudgers choke in January then win the division and give the Packers another legit shot at a SB?

bionic77

I just saw the buttfumble thread in OT and I am losing it at 10am in the office.

Seeing Pat on Red Sox crime was great but I was dying seeing JR Smith not give a fuck when Melo was knocked out.

bionic77

hahahahahahahahahahaha, without Megatron Fatford is a bust, Megatron was injured in the latter part of the season, didn't the Lions finish 1-6?
Yeah but look at the strength of schedule in those losses.

They lost to powerhouses like the Steelers, Giants, Bucs, and Vikings. Kas had a great excuse for each of these losses. Ben and Eli had something to prove! Something about a division game. I don't think even he had any excuse for the Bucs game but I could be wrong...

I don't know who the fuck they beat down the stretch but they must be really horrible.

Smokey

http://shine.yahoo.com/experts/nfl-...i-ll-try-to-teach-my-daughter--165016060.html

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...sued-for-harassing-woman-to-have-an-abortion/

Lance zerlein has been saying for months how Foster isn't long for this football world. From the whole vegan thing, selling his contract as stock or whatever dumb shit he did, to injuries and his attitude in general and now forcing some 20 year old to have an abortion. In his comments he never says kid isn't is just goes after her. Married with two kids. And that blog he posted about "6 things I'll teach my daughter" which apparently includes cheating with a 20 year old who just guaranteed paychecks from you for at least the next 18 years. Maybe already posted but I just read about it this morning.

Clown

Who is butthurt, you are the only making stupid claims that you cant back up. A QBs job is to win games, neither guy did but Foles also doesnt turn the ball over and hurt his team like your guy routinely does. Are you ever going to drop this stupid act and just discuss football like a sane fan? You do see that you are a laughingstock, right? No one else on this site is as oblivious about his own team as you are. Hell even the die-hard Romo defenders have backed off and he is 10 times the player Fatford is.

Lol at calling some on NFL-Gaf a laughing stock when most of the people here are. Also I'm not cool with any of the other option we have now that Wisenhunt isn't available. *sigh*

jmdajr

http://shine.yahoo.com/experts/nfl-...i-ll-try-to-teach-my-daughter--165016060.html

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...sued-for-harassing-woman-to-have-an-abortion/

Lance zerlein has been saying for months how Foster isn't long for this football world. From the whole vegan thing, selling his contract as stock or whatever dumb shit he did, to injuries and his attitude in general and now forcing some 20 year old to have an abortion. In his comments he never says kid isn't is just goes after her. Married with two kids. And that blog he posted about "6 things I'll teach my daughter" which apparently includes cheating with a 20 year old who just guaranteed paychecks from you for at least the next 18 years. Maybe already posted but I just read about it this morning.

Clown

sad deal all around...... :(

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Rumors that Lions are split between Caldwell and Munchak.

I imagine you could replace "Caldwell" with "syphilis" and "Munchak" with "gonorrhea" and have the exact same conversation.

Vyer

Clown

damn it foster. Pathetic all the way around if true

That was you when you were younger and full of Kolb in your heart. :(

Hey I never defended Kolb like kas defends Sattford. I am a fan of the team first rather then the individual players. My favorite player ever was probably Dawkins but I could admit that he wasnt perfect. I cant imagine just thinking everyone on your team is the best ever even when there is direct evidence to show that they are not. Kas talking about the Lions is like listening to someone trying to convince you that the Earth is Flat.

Lol at calling some on NFL-Gaf a laughing stock when most of the people here are. Also I'm not cool with any of the other option we have now that Wisenhunt isn't available. *sigh*

How so? I think most people actually are the exact opposite, it is just kas and a few joke posters who get laughed at for all the ridiculous things they say. Most people here seem pretty reasonable, that is why I like to discuss football here. If it was all kas' I wouldnt stick around. There would be no point.

Nakazato

..... PLEASE CONFIRM !!!!!!!

OH MY GOD YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
#happy
Norv and Chud to bmore book it

Edit: getting a shit HC but that Def should be fixed thanks to Austin

Narag

Hey I never defended Kolb like kas defends Sattford. I am a fan of the team first rather then the individual players. My favorite player ever was probably Dawkins but I could admit that he wasnt perfect. I cant imagine just thinking everyone on your team is the best ever even when there is direct evidence to show that they are not. Kas talking about the Lions is like listening to someone trying to convince you that the Earth is Flat.

I was just teasing as we're all homers now and then to some extent. Kas just takes to take it to the next level with bizarre metrics.

jakncoke

Banned
Rumors that Lions are split between Caldwell and Munchak.

I imagine you could replace "Caldwell" with "syphilis" and "Munchak" with "gonorrhea" and have the exact same conversation.

Dont worry Stafford will throw for 4500 yards and all things will be ok. All is calm, All is right.

Clown
"Arian Foater is a loving father, deoted husband, philosopher, poet, artist, health warrior, and fashin enthusiast."

Theres his problem right there. There can be only one.

Recon

Banned
Damn Manning had fewer attempts this year then Stafford did the year he threw for 5k, and Manning had almost 500 more yards.

As a die hard Lions fan, and newbie to this thread, I would like to say "duh". Manning is the king of the regular season. Stafford is....a fat court jester.

Tenumi

Banned
700+ attempts tho.

Damn Manning had fewer attempts this year then Stafford did the year he threw for 5k, and Manning had almost 500 more yards.

Got me curious on attempts on the 5000 yard seasons, so I took the time to list them.

Dan Marino: 362/564, 5084
Drew Brees '08: 413/635, 5,069
Drew Brees '11: 468/657, 5,476
Tom Brady: 401/611, 5,235
Matt Stafford: 421/663, 5,038
Drew Brees '12: 422/670, 5,177
Drew Brees '13: 446/650, 5,162
Peyton Manning: 450/659, 5,477

So, excluding Dan Marino's efficient season, the 5000 yard seasons seem to have averaged about 650 or so attempts.

Why am I back? I like doing analysis. It's a fun little hobby.

Is bucket putting together a new thread this week. I love those things!

So who saw Shannon Sharpe call out Boomer Esiason and Marino the other day unintentionally?

What are everyone's thoughts on championships, can you not be considered one of the greates until you win one?

Got me curious on attempts on the 5000 yard seasons, so I took the time to list them.

So, excluding Dan Marino's efficient season, the 5000 yard seasons seem to have averaged about 650 or so attempts.

Back from where? I don't get it :(

All of those 5000 yard seasons besides Marino are garbage and aren't even within the same galaxy of what Marino did

bionic77

All of those 5000 yard seasons besides Marino are garbage and aren't even within the same galaxy of what Marino did
So true. This is what we should all thank Stafford for.

Stat nerds and media analysts like to pretend that because of these inflated stats that the modern qbs are all superior to everything that came before them and don't want to even hear about the favorable rule changes. Fatford is the best and strongest argument against that. If we didn't have a total loser in this same statistical category then the Peter Kings of the world could just keep on selectively using the other 3 qb's stats and dream about a magical night of passion with each of them. Thanks to Stafford those dreams are dead.

Check stats. He's thrown for 5K.

And according to Kastrioti he's still the best young QB in the league despite having fewer playoff appearances than Wilson or Kaepernick have playoff wins.

So true. This is what we should all thank Stafford for.

Stat nerds and media analysts like to pretend that because of these inflated stats that the modern qbs are all superior to everything that came before them and don't want to even hear about the favorable rule changes. Fatford is the best and strongest argument against that. If we didn't have a total loser in this same statistical category then the Peter Kings of the world could just keep on selectively using the other 3 qb's stats and dream about a magical night of passion with each of them. Thanks to Stafford those dreams are dead.

I think this is disingenuous. Kas isn't a stat nerd. He's using old, bad, context less stats to defend Stafford.

People who use raw yardage totals aren't stat nerds.

jakncoke

Banned

Like Fight Club, over time we'll toughen you up. Also this just really shows how much more passing has occurred in the couple years. And why not, you barely can play D so why not take advantage of it! Arena League long field edition by 2020

Top Bottom