• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Divisional |OT| Don't Call It A Comeback

Nakazato

BREAKING: The Detroit Lions are hiring Jim Caldwell as their head coach.

via @adamchefter on twitter

YAY GOODBYE BITCH

Sry Det.... But your D will be REALLY GOOD

Jonathan Jones ‏@jjones9 1m
Gettleman: we have some good young hog mollies and we need some more

Wants team to get bigger and even more physical, I'm assuming he's specifically referring to OL

Colasante

What a bad hire by Detroit. If the Vikings can get a half-competent QB and Mike Zimmer, the Lions will be stuck in the NFC North basement for the next couple of years.

MechDX

"Congrats Jim any comments?"

jim-caldwell-1.jpg

Jim what will you do to improve Stafford?

jim-caldwell-1.jpg

How will you control Suh?

jim-caldwell-1.jpg

Jim are you alive?

jim-caldwell-1.jpg

Crisco

Banned
Joe Person ‏@josephperson 33s
Is Cam franchise QB? Gettleman: "Yes. No 7-second pauses."

Of course, there was never any doubt. The main thing with Cam is that he's only 24. Younger than Wilson and Kaepernick. He's shown consistent improvement as a passer. Clear upward curve in all areas, especially efficiency. The challenge for the organization now is to get him some help at receiver. This is one of the most loaded drafts at WR ever so the timing is good. A big guy with a large catch radius to go along with Ginn's down field speed would be ideal. Throw Smith in the slot for the last couple years of his career and that's a solid group.

Carolina Panthers ‏@Panthers 1m
Ron Rivera anticipates all of his coaches coming back for the 2014 season. "We're learning and growing as a football team."

Shula's safe.

Panthers to not have single pass play in 2014-2015 playbook confirmed

Tenumi

Banned
I'm not really for or against the Jim Caldwell hire. What's really going to matter is his choices for OC and DC. I personally don't think I can put the entire Colts situation against him. In a way, Peyton Manning really hid the deficiencies of that team with strong offensive play, and once he was out, the weakness really showed. The Colts, in a way, were the exact opposite of the Lions: Overperforming their overall talent level. They still are with Luck, but they're slowly improving.

I don't think he's suited for Offensive play calling, and I think he might realize that and let the OC handle it.

Defensively, the Lions are obviously sticking with a 4-3, but what else about it will remain a mystery.

Who knows, It could be an excellent hire, but could as easily backfire. At least, from the interview information, he had a plan in place for the future. He's done his homework and knows what he's getting into. Hopefully his work pays off.

squicken

Colts did (Id imagine the price they wanted was HUGE!) and so did Carolina and KC tried. If you don't at least look into trying then you are doing it wrong.

I find your earlier comment odd. If there is no QB worthy yet you praise JFF like he is the second coming. Funny

!

JFF is a high risk player. Anyone would be nervous to take him the first round. let alone top 5. I think he has the highest upside but he must go to the right team. Might as well write his career obituary if CLE drafts him. If I am Houston I take Teddy fwiw

I am almost certain that CAR didn't shop the Cam pick, and I know that Indy didn't shop the Luck pick. Maybe Colts and Panthers fans can chime in if they remember it different. I certainly could be wrong ;)

I'm not really for or against the Jim Caldwell hire. What's really going to matter is his choices for OC and DC. I personally don't think I can put the entire Colts situation against him. In a way, Peyton Manning really hid the deficiencies of that team with strong offensive play, and once he was out, the weakness really showed. The Colts, in a way, were the exact opposite of the Lions: Overperforming their overall talent level. They still are with Luck, but they're slowly improving.

I don't think he's suited for Offensive play calling, and I think he might realize that and let the OC handle it.

Defensively, the Lions are obviously sticking with a 4-3, but what else about it will remain a mystery.

Who knows, It could be an excellent hire, but could as easily backfire. At least, from the interview information, he had a plan in place for the future. He's done his homework and knows what he's getting into. Hopefully his work pays off.

The dolphins are currently on their second emotionless robot of a head coach and they absolutely need someone that will motivate the team so the only hope left for lion fans is some really great DC/OCs.

Crisco

Banned
Carolina Panthers ‏@Panthers 1m
Ron Rivera anticipates all of his coaches coming back for the 2014 season. "We're learning and growing as a football team."

Shula's safe.

Panthers to not have single pass play in 2014-2015 playbook confirmed

I have to say, the fake tough guy bullshit in the playoff game really set off red flags for me. Saw the same thing out of Rivera's defenses in SD. It works if you're actually the toughest, most physical team on the field, but no one is out-toughing the 49ers. That's their game, just like it was the Jet's game the last time one of Rivera's defenses did this. Puffing your chest out and trying to pick fights with dudes in helmets and pads doesn't make you tougher, it just makes you look like an idiot and draws flags.

Top Bottom