• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Divisional |OT| Don't Call It A Comeback

JCizzle

We dominated the game early and didn't put it away. If we settle for redzone fgs early again we will have problems.

Like I've said, kap played the worst game in his career, we had VD for a couple drives, no Crabtree, hobbled pwill, Aldon first game back, no ray mac and lost by 1 point where the game winning panthers drive was 8 yards to get into fg range. Maybe none of this will matter but you can't fully discount it

When don't we settle for FG though? It's the Roman special!

Bread

Banned
Chargers dont have the Eagles on their schedule next year, sorry man.
rivers-worst-day-ever.gif

Tom Penny

A few years ago everyone used to quote the stat that was like 80% of home teams win in the divisional. The bye was deemed all powerful and it was not until the championship round that the away team had a chance. Then it was almost 50/50 and anything goes.

Anyone who has picked games over the past 8 years has gotten fucked relying on those old stats. Obviously the bye means about as much as a high school education from Florida.

But the only thing that seems to be constant is that weird shit happens. This year the weirdest thing to happen would be all 4 home teams winning out.

It's because the NFL is dumb being one and done. It should be a 3 game playoff. Fewer upsets.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
A few years ago everyone used to quote the stat that was like 80% of home teams win in the divisional. The bye was deemed all powerful and it was not until the championship round that the away team had a chance. Then it was almost 50/50 and anything goes.

Anyone who has picked games over the past 8 years has gotten fucked relying on those old stats. Obviously the bye means about as much as a high school education from Florida.

But the only thing that seems to be constant is that weird shit happens. This year the weirdest thing to happen would be all 4 home teams winning out.

:jnc

I guess we haven't had a "normal" Super Bowl since 2009? Saints and Colts were the favorites at the mid-point of that season and that's what happened.

Denver-Seattle would probably be the expected outcome this season.

ShaneB

We cool, Rando... we cool!

Where's your boy Shane? Rooting for the "underdog" Seahawks. :p

I'm here! Enjoying some halls to help with my congestion :( Not feeling very well. Hey, I stated my reasons for liking the Seahawks after week 1 of this season ;) They haven't won anything yet! Underdog or not, the Saints are scary, the Niners are scary, the Panthers are scary! Plus all the AFC teams are legit!

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I'm here! Enjoying some halls to help with my congestion :( Not feeling very well. Hey, I stated my reasons for liking the Seahawks after week 1 of this season ;) They haven't won anything yet! Underdog or not, the Saints are scary, the Niners are scary, the Panthers are scary! Plus all the AFC teams are legit!

Nothing to be concerned about, my friend. All of those NFC pretenders can't deal with the power of the 12th man. The AFC is just plain weak, filled with old and tired and girly qbs.

bionic77

It's because the NFL is dumb being one and done. It should be a 3 game playoff. Fewer upsets.
Incredibly stupid idea. Did this come from Gata or is this your own work? You know that GAF frowns upon stealing other peoples ideas.

This is only a good idea if you want every NFL player to be crippled by the age of 27.

Incredibly stupid idea. Did this come from Gata or is this your own work? You know that GAF frowns upon stealing other peoples ideas.

This is only a good idea if you want every NFL player to be crippled by the age of 27.

I'm ok with it if it means brady will be crippled by age 37

Sounds like a good candidate for the Dolphins GM job!

you'd need to be a drugs to take that job lol

Doomsayer

Just giving you a hard time brother!

MechDX

All these comparison stats that keep getting posted show what we all expected: Teddy is the most ready QB in the draft and Carr stinks

Update on Steve Smith

Joe Person ‏@josephperson 1h
Breaking: Smith said he picked his percentages of his knee at random this week.

Smith said he was disappointed with the way his knee felt Thursday. Wasn't able to tell much today b/c he didn't do much due to rain.

Truth or media fuckery, you decide. (It's a playoff game so barring his leg falling off between now and Sunday, I have to think he'll be out there contributing).

Mackenzie 92 said:

The biggest problem with this chart is that it doesn't account for difficulty of throws. Manziel and Bridgewater have similar numbers of attempts (429 vs. 427), but I bet that more of JFF's attempts are chuck and pray Flaccoesque throws than of Teddy's.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Update on Steve Smith

Smith said he was disappointed with the way his knee felt Thursday. Wasn't able to tell much today b/c he didn't do much due to rain.

Truth or media fuckery, you decide. (It's a playoff game so barring his leg falling off between now and Sunday, I have to think he'll be out there contributing).

He'll be out there swinging with the best of them

All these comparison stats that keep getting posted show what we all expected: Teddy is the most ready QB in the draft and Carr stinks

He's a bit more accurate than I thought he was. Considering he threw it almost twice as much as most of the other QBs, I'm kinda impressed. Dude really has a cannon.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Update on Steve Smith

Steve-Smith-ice-up-son-ice-sculpture-sandersclaus.jpg

Tom Penny

Well in NHL, MLB and NBA the best team basically always wins. We all know that isn't true in the NFL. Sad but true. Plus at tops it's only like 10 extra games played..

ShaneB

Well in NHL, MLB and NBA the best team basically always wins. We all know that isn't true in the NFL. Sad but true. Plus at tops it's only like 10 extra games played..

Mr Penny, I like you, and wish you would post more of your food orgy pics, but this statement is completely insane of you to say. Tsk tsk. edit: well maybe the MLB and NBA, but not the NHL, no sir!

bionic77

He can come work for me apparently

I hope it starts this weekend, I want to see him have hot flashes and mental breakdowns
I don't know about the hot flashes but I can all but guarantee mental breakdowns.

They are playing a home game against a shitty team in the playoffs. Tammy always chokes in these games.

Tammy and Peyton share that in common.

bionic77

The scoreboard says that the best team always win. The only exception to this rule is the Ravens, Bucs and the Cheats. The Bucs and Cheats had to steal the other teams plays to win so those wins don't count. And the Ravens were just horrible and defy all logic. But otherwise the scoreboard don't lie.

MechDX

He enters the game looking like this
http://static4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110911114023/spongebob/images/e/e2/Squidward_Design_2.jpg/img]

Leaves looking like this
[img]http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/077/8/b/handsome_squidward_transparent_by_boygeymario-d4t56rm.png/img][/QUOTE]

I was thinking this:
[img]http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Colin+Kaepernick+Super+Bowl+XLVII+Preview+CVuEROXfywFl.jpg

To this:
alex-smith-49ers.jpeg

Top Bottom