• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Divisional |OT| Don't Call It A Comeback

Talon

You would be an expert on dumb qbs!

mediumzu.jpg

Crisco

Banned
Panthers fan picking panthers. Incredible!

And tell me you aren't naive enough to believe better receivers has no effect on pressure

Not when the pressure is getting there in 3 seconds or less, which was the case in the first game. Those weren't coverage sacks, although the Panthers have gotten plenty of those against better groups of receivers than the 49ers roll with.

Doomsayer

Saints @ Seahawks

Just don't see the Seahawks losing this game, their crowd is going to be jacked and Cheatin' Pete probably has the Adderal coming by the pounds.

Colts @ Patriots

Probably a coin flip, but I'm going to go with the Colts. Luck absolutely dissected the Chiefs defense in the second half, while the Patriots defense is a little better I expect Pagano/Manusky to come up with a good scheme to at least limit Brady. Plus Brady's targets, while improved since week four (Edelman, Dola, Collie) he still has no viable TE which is what makes that offense run.

49ers @ Panthers

Another coin flip, the first game was a slug fest and this is going to be no different. Getting Crabtree and Iupati back (I think he missed this game) will help cleaning up the six sack effort from Kaep in the previous game. Niners are healthier than they've been all year. I can see this game ending 17-14 or 20-17, really close throughout.

Chargers @ Broncos

I don't believe in the Chargers as much as some of you do - Rivers has choked pretty hard in the past and I think he will make a crucial mistake in the fourth quarter that will seal the game for the Broncos. Final score will probably be something to the effect of 34-27.

Hopefully this weekend is as good as last weekend, last weekend was perfection. Even with Dalton being Dalton.

Bowser

FrenchMovieTheme said:
You would be an expert on dumb qbs!

UfKCwUD.gif

49ers @ Panthers

Another coin flip, the first game was a slug fest and this is going to be no different. Getting Crabtree and Iupati back (I think he missed this game) will help cleaning up the six sack effort from Kaep in the previous game. Niners are healthier than they've been all year. I can see this game ending 17-14 or 20-17, really close throughout.

49ers fan picking 49ers. Incredible! [/FMT]

eznark

Banned
Dolphins have a rep as a shit organization in league circles and amongst players. No one wants to go there, which is saying something for a team that plays out of South Beach.

Which makes Philbin's decision all the stranger considering he was a pretty hot commodity at the time.

Dolphins have a rep as a shit organization in league circles and amongst players. No one wants to go there, which is saying something for a team that plays out of South Beach.
It's all Ross' fault. Dude is still too dumb to realize that you can't bring in a quality GM/coaching staff when you keep stragglers from the old regime around.

Which makes Philbin's decision all the stranger considering he was a pretty hot commodity at the time.
I don't actually remember, what other teams were looking at Philbin for HC?

BTW, I think this was posted before, but for the 49ers marks, "death threats" my ass. This is why Flair ain't comin to Carolina:

Panthers fans have a playoff game this weekend and all they care about is a bankrupt geriatric that runs around half-naked and engages in homoerotic fake fighting.

eznark

Banned

I don't think he ever gave anyone else the chance to interview. He just wanted to be away from Green Bay after the personal tragedy. The whole season (and the off-season before that) it seemed like he was being pursued. Rodgers even talked about it a couple times that year how he was pretty sure Philbin would be moving on and he was excited for him.

It's all Ross' fault. Dude is still too dumb to realize that you can't bring in a quality GM/coaching staff when you keep stragglers from the old regime around.

None, we were the only team he interviewed with and after the death of his son he took a few days to himself and accepted the job. I guess we'll see what kind of HC he is this year, I'm certain that Sherman was running the show

Yeah....shes a Pats fan too. The burdens I live with.
How did I not know this? We have so much in common!

Worst part of being married to a Pats fan is my mother-in-law making me feel guilty for always wanting them to lose. She said if the Dolphins ever made it anywhere and the Pats were out she would pull for them, but it's just not the same! The Dolphins are incompetent, not pure evil incarnate!

LeBron James, Johnny Manziel partner up

Guess it is official as far as Maverick Carter handling the marketing stuff. Seems dumb to me for any college guy, especially a QB, to be worrying about his "brand" before he plays a game
I don't, it's a good move. Like it or not JFF is already a brand. All these football players coming out are a brand. They should take the steps to make the most of it while they can. We might like to think it's all about football, but it's not. This is how some of these guys will make a living. Look at RG3 before he even played a down the "RG3 brand awareness" was huge. It's really not something that should be looked at in a negative light. Probably more common then you think.

So she'll be a Bruins, Red Sox, Dolphins fan ?
Dude, I love my daughter. I'm not going to force her to like any team, I'm just going to provide her with the knowledge, insight, and lack of Patriots memorabilia to equip her to make her own decisions in life. Plus once she's old enough I'm sure she'll realize football is the only sport worth caring about.

squicken

I don't, it's a good move. Like it or not JFF is already a brand. All these football players coming out are a brand. They should take the steps to make the most of it while they can. We might like to think it's all about football, but it's not. This is how some of these guys will make a living. Look at RG3 before he even played a down the "RG3 brand awareness" was huge. It's really not something that should be looked at in a negative light. Probably more common then you think.

But I think it worked against RG3 with his teammates. Same with Cam. I just think the best thing a rookie can do is come in and keep his head down. Earn the accolades an then take advantage of the opportunities

What Would Andrew Luck Do?

Top Bottom