• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Divisional |OT| Don't Call It A Comeback

WTF stay away from him. We just picked him up last off season. He has great work to do this draft and FA.

I doubt he would want to leave only to be stuck with Philbin as head coach. The biggest reason I've heard on why he would want to leave Philly to another team is to make player decision since he doesn't have that power in Philly but having Philbin and Aponte already on staff I can't imagine he believes he'll get final say on anything.

squicken

Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl
For those questioning whether the #Browns rumors on Manziel are legit this early, Lombardi can't help his obsession. Hoyer was it last yr.

@Gil_Brandt: Manziel has officially submitted declaration papers NFL draft.

Good draft bait then for STL or HOU

Doomsayer

We'll have to wait for Richard Deitsch's media column on Monday to find out about the ratings, but I'm sure ESPN will send out a press release soon about the aggregate viewers across all the channels.

But, yep, you're absolutely right. It scales well for single events like championship games, but - that being said - simulcasting the ads across the whole family of channels answers the "what about advertisers?" question.

It was really great - even with Millen trying to interrupt every 10 seconds.

Yeah, I'm going to echo ez - post your stuff more often!

Maybe he can borrow one of cams pout towels after we get crushed by the mighty panthers

Hey man, don't give up faith! Maybe with Crabtree and Davis this time, the Niners may be able to get more than 4 yards of offense in the fourth quarter!

Hell, they might even get to 10! Why stop there? They might get 20! Now wouldn't that be a hoot.

simples

Banned
if I could find a rivers jersey here I would get one, a woodhead one would be even better

but San Diego is one of those small market hick teams like Denver that no one cares about

Bread

Banned
Ive said it for weeks: Texans will get both Browns first round picks for our #1. Book it

Watch the story "Texans VERY interested in JFF. Hometown ties" leak and get Lombardi antsy.
It will just be a smoke screen, BOB wants John Football!

if I could find a rivers jersey here I would get one, a woodhead one would be even better

but San Diego is one of those small market hick teams like Denver that no one cares about

803616.gif

Good draft bait then for STL or HOU
Houstan, not so much I think. Unless they don't plan on taking a Qb in the first or their aim is someone like Carr. Trading down to 4 for Houston would be to much of a risk. As for STL its a possibility, but to early to tell. Lots of variables.

Greg

Raj apparently turned down a $8per year offer from the Packers? Good luck elsewhere and good riddance
He always talks so much shit and does nothing on the field to warrant it...

We'll have to wait for Richard Deitsch's media column on Monday to find out about the ratings, but I'm sure ESPN will send out a press release soon about the aggregate viewers across all the channels.

But, yep, you're absolutely right. It scales well for single events like championship games, but - that being said - simulcasting the ads across the whole family of channels answers the "what about advertisers?" question.

It was really great - even with Millen trying to interrupt every 10 seconds.
My channels were breaking up, so I watched a decent amount of 3 of the 4 channels.

ESPN2 was by far the worst and on par with the TNF NFL.com stream... unless there's an audience for people you don't care to hear somewhat talking about a game you can't see.

I could see the ESPN News-style coverage having a sizable audience in the future, and the traditional broadcast usually contains just enough useless information for the casual audience to be entertained.

Ive said it for weeks: Texans will get both Browns first round picks for our #1. Book it

Watch the story "Texans VERY interested in JFF. Hometown ties" leak and get Lombardi antsy.

If the Texans trade down and JFF becomes a star and the QB they draft busts the FO wont ever be able to live it down.

MechDX

It will just be a smoke screen, BOB wants John Football!

Houstan, not so much I think. Unless they don't plan on taking a Qb in the first or their aim is someone like Carr. Trading down to 4 for Houston would be to much of a risk. As for STL its a possibility, but to early to tell. Lots of variables.

Unless BOB really wants Bortles, he can get him at #4. Texans know that, they just need to bait the hook and dangle it in front of Lombardi's droopy face.

if I order now it's not gonna get here by the weekend. and by the time it gets here it will be pats vs chargers anyway

but of course a Miami native wouldn't understand the logistics of the internet
I've been to Miami once in my life.

I figured the king of Michigan could afford overnight shipping but I guess not.

MechDX

If the Texans trade down and JFF becomes a star and the QB they draft busts the FO wont ever be able to live it down.

Same can be said for any team with a high first round pick. Hell, it already happened here when VY had success with the Titans

You just don't pass up a chance to turn one first round pick into two and still get a guy you want

Pro

Sorry Packers Gaf

This is circular because keeping Dom means you need to grow players into vets to be comfortable with the system, but you have Ted who is adamant about building the team with the draft and the FA turn around this year is expected to be fairly large.

Greg

Sorry Packers Gaf
I was telling Bucket that they're just going to keep him around with an unplugged headset and let him sleep in the box or whatever it is he does while the game is going on. And then an actual DC call the plays because Capers can't see the field to know any better.

Unless BOB really wants Bortles, he can get him at #4. Texans know that, they just need to bait the hook and dangle it in front of Lombardi's droopy face.
Hahah right Mech, Bortles stock will probably only go up from here. And you want your team that NEEDS a Qb to trade all the the way down to 4 were 3 qbs could be taken ahead? Assuming STL trades out? To much of a risk if you like a guy. Mech pls
Edit: I know it's what you want to happen, but kinda unrealalistic

sums up the Florida fan base perfectly

you're either a gata or a lifelong from canada
My state (VA) doesn't have a team so I picked one when I was a little kid. Now go order that jersey and remember to look for the revolutionary "overnight shipping" option I just told you about!

MechDX

Hahah right Mech, Bortles stock will probably only go up from here. And you want your team that NEEDS a Qb to trade all the the way down to 4 were 3 qbs could be taken ahead? Assuming STL trades out? To much of a risk if you like a guy. Mech pls
Edit: I know it's what you want to happen, but kinda unrealalistic

Teams are higher on Teddy and JFF and everyone keeps tying Bortles to BOB. Personally I would rather have Teddy.

What makes the chances of it happening greater is JFF being a local kid as well. Easier to sell

The Browns need to be patient and tank for Winston. I think they will. They've wasted too many first round picks on QB's to settle for anything other than the surest thing they can get.

There is a chance they go for Bridgwater but Manziel? No way...

Is Dom Capers the problem? Green Bay's defense lack talent and has a ton of young guys..

I think it was telling that Mulamba or whatever his name is, the FA linebacker was the best pass rusher on the team. robably used to the system. Seems Nick Perry isn't comfortable with it yet, too busy thinking.

Dick Lebeau's system takes three years for players to get - Cam Heyward and Jason Worilds broke out as dominant players this season. Last year everybody was complaining they were busts.

Same can be said for any team with a high first round pick. Hell, it already happened here when VY had success with the Titans

You just don't pass up a chance to turn one first round pick into two and still get a guy you want
Especially because if you can't surround the #1 guy with any semblence of talent. You're doomed anyways.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
The Browns need to be patient and tank for Winston. I think they will. They've wasted too many first round picks on QB's to settle for anything other than the surest thing they can get.

There is a chance they go for Bridgwater but Manziel? No way...

This is a really bad idea. Tanking for 2 years and hoping he stays healthy and is still an elite prospect that far down the road seems stupid. And then you have to make sure you've out tanked every other team in the league if this does happen.

And nothing would prevent them from taking a QB this year and then Winston 2 years from now if the guy doesn't pan out. And if he does pan out then you don't need to fuck your franchise over for 3 years just for a chance.

jakncoke

Banned
Browns dont need to tank, tank implies they have a choice at winning but choose to lose. Browns just lose a lot because they suck, so really. Be themselves and they'll be in the running for Winston.

Nameless

My state (VA) doesn't have a team so I picked one when I was a little kid. Now go order that jersey and remember to look for the revolutionary "overnight shipping" option I just told you about!

People who's states have teams will never understand serendipity. Only reason I'm a Niners fan is because my 4 year old self was obsessed with the color red and that's who I took note of first. Could have easily been a Skins, Chiefs, or Falcons fan right now.

Tebow's God is good.

Teams are higher on Teddy and JFF and everyone keeps tying Bortles to BOB. Personally I would rather have Teddy.

What makes the chances of it happening greater is JFF being a local kid as well. Easier to sell
It's like your just not reading what I'm saying
-_-
All I'm saying is trading down to 4 and HOPING the Qb you still want will be there with other needy names is a risk. And the texans would look dumb as fuck if they missed on there guy. Unless you trade for your Mallet future :DD

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
San Diego is a beautiful city. It has tons of flowers everywhere and the best beaches I have seen in my visits to Cali. Florida has better beaches though.

It's also a good place to masturbate in public while under the influence.

But you can just lie and say it was from being stressed out.

MechDX

Especially because if you can't surround the #1 guy with any semblence of talent. You're doomed anyways.

There is already talent here with a few holes that can be filled quickly. But you get the #4, #24 and the #33 pick in the draft. Basically 3 first rounders.

Then trade your 3rd rounder to NE for Mallet!
joking

It's like your just not reading what I'm saying
-_-
All I'm saying is trading down to 4 and HOPING the Qb you still want will be there with other needy names is a risk. And the texans would look dumb as fuck if they missed on there guy. Unless you trade for your Mallet future :DD

Oh Im reading it, and chuckling. #1 JFF, #2 Clowney, #3 Teddy, #4 Bortles: very likely scenario. You are in denial because you're hoping the Browns FO wont botch this. But they will because well....they are the Browns FO.

People who's states have teams will never understand serendipity. Only reason I'm a Niners fan is because my 4 year old self was obsessed with the color red and that's who I took note of first. Could have easily been a Skins, Chiefs, or Falcons fan right now.

Tebow's God is good.

I'm sure them winning Championships had something to do with that particular choice.

Bread

Banned
There is already talent here with a few holes that can be filled quickly. But you get the #4, #24 and the #33 pick in the draft. Basically 3 first rounders.

Then trade your 3rd rounder to NE for Mallet!
joking
Good joke, it will take at least 3 of those to get Mallet!

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Watching some of these JFF highlights. Found another flaw. He runs with the ball held like a loaf of bread.

Is Dom Capers the problem? Green Bay's defense lack talent and has a ton of young guys..

I think it was telling that Mulamba or whatever his name is, the FA linebacker was the best pass rusher on the team. robably used to the system. Seems Nick Perry isn't comfortable with it yet, too busy thinking.

Dick Lebeau's system takes three years for players to get - Cam Heyward and Jason Worilds broke out as dominant players this season. Last year everybody was complaining they were busts.

I made this exact post and used the same comparison. Thief. Thompson deserves as much criticism.

I think Thompson changes a bit. He has to. If you want to have a coach like Capers then providing him only rookies to run his defense is setting him up for failure. If you insist on keeping your approach of draft and develop only, then find a DC that runs a basic defense that relies more on athleticism than technique (which we'd still fail at because we don't have many super athletes anyway).

Hopefully the fact that they're keeping him is an admission that Ted will change his approach. He's lost a lot of his brain trust with McKenzie and Schneider, etc, gone; he cant afford to be stubborn

Top Bottom