• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Divisional |OT| Don't Call It A Comeback

Bowser

RB Jonathan Stewart, DT Colin Cole, TE Ben Hartsock, and WR Steve Smith are all in pads and are full participants at Panthers practice today.

Aww yeah, get ready P-Will and Bowman!

OQH1S.gif

lol no JStew sucks now :(

Nameless

I'm sure them winning Championships had something to do with that particular choice.

We 'happened' win the next two years after I joined the family so I think you have this backwards.

Eitherway, after you've supported a team for a quarter century I don't think the origin story matters too much.

eznark

Banned
I made this exact post and used the same comparison. Thief. Thompson deserves as much criticism.

I think Thompson changes a bit. He has to. If you want to have a coach like Capers then providing him only rookies to run his defense is setting him up for failure. If you insist on keeping your approach of draft and develop only, then find a DC that runs a basic defense that relies more on athleticism than technique (which we'd still fail at because we don't have many super athletes anyway).

Hopefully the fact that they're keeping him is an admission that Ted will change his approach. He's lost a lot of his brain trust with McKenzie and Schneider, etc, gone; he cant afford to be stubborn

I think I made this exact same post yesterday, Lehrer.

simples

Banned
People who's states have teams will never understand serendipity. Only reason I'm a Niners fan is because my 4 year old self was obsessed with the color red and that's who I took note of first. Could have easily been a Skins, Chiefs, or Falcons fan right now.

Tebow's God is good.
why didn't you pick the cardinals? or the bucks?

because they didn't "happen" to win 4/5 superbowls?

always funny watching gatas trying to justify their wagons

squicken

BG is right. If the Texans know who they want at QB, they aren't dropping down 3 spots and risk losing him. No one does that. Teams trade down when they have a cluster of players all ranked equally and think they can still get a guy they want.

Also,

lolPhins

Nameless

why didn't you pick the cardinals? or the bucks?

because they didn't "happen" to win 4/5 superbowls?

always funny watching gatas trying to justify their wagons

Umm I was 4. The Bucs were wearing cream orange, and there was little chance of a Cards game being on in the 80s in my market sooo...

And my Niner stripes are far far beyond needing to be justified at this point.

gutshot

Using the so-far-perfect "wins against playoffs teams in the regular season" method, the winners this weekend will be:

SD @ DEN
IND @ NE
NO @ SEA
SF @ CAR

Just for squicken, I've compiled a list of the playoff teams and how many wins they have against other playoffs teams.

San Diego Chargers: 5
Denver Broncos: 4
Indianapolis Colts: 4
Cincinnati Bengals: 4
Seattle Seahawks: 3
Carolina Panthers: 3
San Francisco 49ers: 2
New Orleans Saints: 2
New England Patriots: 2
Kansas City Chiefs: 1
Philadelphia Eagles: 1
Green Bay Packers: 0

Going by this metric, it looks like the Chargers will be Super Bowl champs.

BG is right. If the Texans know who they want at QB, they aren't dropping down 3 spots and risk losing him. No one does that. Teams trade down when they have a cluster of players all ranked equally and think they can still get a guy they want.

Also,

lolPhins

I guess I shouldn't even bother getting excited for next season, well that's good to get out of the way so early.

I've been keeping up with all this Aponte/Philbin/Ireland stuff and assuming it's all true all I can do is shake my head. This team is going nowhere. Ross is an idiot, Aponte is a manipulative, self-seeking, back-stabbing, servant of Satan (Bill Belichick), and Philbin is... I don't know what he is at this point to be honest.

This organization is a MESS. lolphins indeed.

I've been keeping up with all this Aponte/Philbin/Ireland stuff and assuming it's all true all I can do is shake my head. This team is going nowhere. Ross is an idiot, Aponte is a manipulative, self-seeking, back-stabbing, servant of Satan (Bill Belichick), and Philbin is... I don't know what he is at this point to be honest.

Armando has very good connections within the dolphins, I believe everything he's saying, he's always on point. Ross is going to waste another year of this franchise with his loyalty bullshit.

squicken

Parcells put her there. Same with Ireland. Agents of BB. Seems like both Harbs and Fisher got one look at the setup and said no way. Gonna be tough to attract anyone to working there

Armando has very good connections within the dolphins, I believe everything he's saying, he's always on point. Ross is going to waste another year of this franchise with his loyalty bullshit.
Armando is the man, I really do like him a lot. His blog is one of the few Dolphins related sites I visit daily. So yeah, I have very little reason to doubt anything he's saying.

Parcells put her there. Same with Ireland. Agents of BB. Seems like both Harbs and Fisher got one look at the setup and said no way. Gonna be tough to attract anyone to working there
And who can blame them? Like I said, Ross is an idiot. He is setting this thing up for failure from the beginning.

It would be different if Aponte wasn't in the picture. Ross could bring in a new GM and tell him he has to work with Philbin for one season, if he doesn't like him he can bring in his own guy. But instead you have this weird thing where the GM doesn't really have GM-level power which is just ridiculous.

simples

Banned
Born in Philly and only root for Philly teams. Hopefully if your family saves up enough food stamps you might be able to visit NE one day.
while your qbs were killing dogs, allen iverson was ray lewising and your scum fans were booing your coach and stabbing each other, drew bledsoe visited our middle school and gave speeches and paul pierce was setting up health clinics

when your shit state gets some culture, maybe youll win something someday. hint- you wont

Armando is the man, I really do like him a lot. His blog is one of the few Dolphins related sites I visit daily. So yeah, I have very little reason to doubt anything he's saying.

And who can blame them? Like I said, Ross is an idiot. He is setting this thing up for failure from the beginning.

It would be different if Aponte wasn't in the picture. Ross could bring in a new GM and tell him he has to work with Philbin for one season, if he doesn't like him he can bring in his own guy. But instead you have this weird thing where the GM doesn't really have GM-level power which is just ridiculous.

I miss Jeff Darlington too, he's doing good work with NFL Network and speaking of him he's reporting that the dolphins job is still very attractive despite the bumbling owner, I have no idea why. I get the idea that the GM comes with a free year to see what happens and when it all fails next year (which it will) he will take over and completely clean house. That's the only scenario I can see which would make a top exec want to meddle in this mess.

rokkerkory

I guess I am not a traditional fan of sorts. I kinda root for teams that just play well or individual players more.

Doomsayer

Will try. I need to get back into a regular writing schedule.

I write... well I freelance right now.

It's been getting hard to make time to write. I still write for fun, but lately I've been slacking on putting stuff out there.

I just realized that the Chargers have 5 wins against playoff teams... but two of those are against the Chiefs. Not so impressive anymore.

Bread

Banned
while your qbs were killing dogs, allen iverson was ray lewising and your scum fans were booing your coach and stabbing each other, drew bledsoe visited our middle school and gave speeches and paul pierce was setting up health clinics

when your shit state gets some culture, maybe youll win something someday. hint- you wont
wtf lucky

Are you trying to claim that Bledsoe visited Flint Michigan? This story is even more fake then your stories about having money or friends.

ShaneB

Outside of the Seahawks, there's been pretty much zero talk of homefield advantage for any of the games, so seeing 3/4 (or even 4/4) road teams win again this weekend seems entirely reasonable.

edit: Also, on the ATL podcast, apparently there was a news story of a woman stabbing a man with a squirrel? I figured I would've seen that on GAF first!

Top Bottom