• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Preseason/Training Camp thread - Doritos Locos

Godslay

Banned
shannon sharpe ‏@ShannonSharpe 38s
When FB becomes important to him. You'll know. "@Cody1227: @ShannonSharpe I still think Moreno has a lot of potential. What do you think?"

Damn, Shannon is not pulling punches there.

Damn just got home. Missed the Wolfe injury. He has feeling in his extremities so that's good. Offense sloppy with ball security but I'm not surprised by the people who coughed it up.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
NE is still an AFC measuring stick. Not Denver. Still Balt, NE, Texans in my book.

what? how do you not have your own team at the top of the conference? I would say those teams plus Denver are the top AFC teams right now.

Godslay

Banned
Von just pancaked.

:jnc

what? how do you not have your own team at the top of the conference? I would say those teams plus Denver are the top AFC teams right now.

Those are my top three. Denver may have won some games, but didn't do shit in the playoffs. I know the media jerks off about Peyton, but it's all paper at this moment.

Tabris

Stop being so humble Godslay. We're going to destroy the AFC and it's going to be an awesome ride! All aboard the Peyton train, whoo whoo!

cdyhybrid

Come on, kicking Arizona last year was like kicking on a puppy. They had a pretty good D for first couple of games but their offence had sucked the entire season.

No mercy for division rivals.

Giacomini picking up where he left off last season. Sigh.

torry holts fingers are gross

1b6d4a_holt.jpg

He's right, though. Two is greater than one.

Godslay

Banned
Stop being so humble Godslay. We're going to destroy the AFC and it's going to be an awesome ride! All aboard the Peyton train, whoo whoo!

Problems to solve, and until they are solved this team is flawed.

RB, MLB, C. All lingering problems. Worries me, and as the season progresses they will be exposed. Look at last year, RB was a huge issue. It just festers.

Lol sorry ass wussle needs to play the whole half. Needs the reps because he isn't ready.

Meanwhile kap has scored on 100% of his preseason drives. Harbs don't need to see anymore

It's not humble, it's being smart. Our defense is taking hits, and Miller has proven he's enough of a bonehead to jeopardize the team. We still have no run game, and we're down to our third center. Granted, we still have Peyton, who's accustomed to carrying bad teams, but it's still no cake walk. People have been hyping the Broncos from here until new year, and I've been worried that they won't deal with pressure that well. This isn't exactly reassuring me.

Still play in a crap division, so it's theirs to take. After that though, I'm not sure whether we'll be better than a fourth seed.

Tabris

I'm calling it, Kap will be the bust for the year. 49ers will be in trouble. Better hope old man Gore can pull out some magic.

Chiggs

Gold Member
Problems to solve, and until they are solved this team is flawed.

RB, MLB, C. All lingering problems. Worries me, and as the season progresses they will be exposed. Look at last year, RB was a huge issue. It just festers.

I agree with you. I don't think this team is as good as last year's.

squicken

Lol sorry ass wussle needs to play the whole half. Needs the reps because he isn't ready.

Meanwhile kap has scored on 100% of his preseason drives. Harbs don't need to see anymore

Russ is so far ahead of Kap it isn't funny. Kap is Alex with a better arm and speed. Harbs is the magic man. If he had Russell you guys would go undefeated and score every drive

Russ is so far ahead of Kap it isn't funny. Kap is Alex with a better arm and speed. Harbs is the magic man. If he had Russell you guys would go undefeated and score every drive

Lol wussle is the black Doug flutie. He will put up good stats and some wins but will never do anything truly meaningful in the league. Time will prove me right as it always does

Godslay

Banned
I agree with you. I don't think this team is as good as last year's.

Granted the offense takes a little longer to develop, but everytime they trot on the field, I just think to myself, why can't someone run worth a shit? It's the missing piece. Manning is great, but he has to have someone who can:

A. Block.
B. Pick up tough yards.

No one has proven that they can do that, and until they do we are going to have stunted drives.

Special teams will come around. I'm fine with them.

Defensively, someone has to fill in for Doom. No pressure up the middle or to the side opposite of Miller. Bradley is slow and sucks. DBs look fine.

It's not all doom and gloom, and I think we a slightly better team in some ways, and have regressed in others. If the RB situation resolves itself, some of the other issues will work themselves out. I think a solid RB would allow the offense to pile on points, and the defense would have more room to breath. Montee Ball has to be that guy.

Tabris

You are a fan of the team who beat your precious peypey last year? Whatever makes your wang hard breh

Once Ray Lewis announced he was retiring, I said if there was one team that could beat the Broncos, it was the Ravens. Said it in NFL-age. Godslay can attest to this. And they were only able to beat us due to god darn Rahim Moore.

I knew after that game they were going to win the Superbowl. (my posts in the NFL-age can attest to that)

Godslay

Banned
Once Ray Lewis announced he was retiring, I said if there was one team that could beat the Broncos, it was the Ravens. Said it in NFL-age. Godslay can attest to this. And they were only able to beat us due to god darn Rahim Moore.

I knew after that game they were going to win the Superbowl. (my posts in the NFL-age can attest to that)

Yeah, I remember that. I knew it was a tough match up.

bionic77

What I said was 100% true. Like most of the other loser teams you can make all the excuses for kaps success you want. But he will be in the Super Bowl again this year
Kap will only be in the Superbowl if he decides to go as a spectator.

That's just not how it works for SB losers. Expect all the bad things to happen to the Niners this year.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Lol wussle is the black Doug flutie. He will put up good stats and some wins but will never do anything truly meaningful in the league. Time will prove me right as it always does

How did Wussle do against the 49ers last year? The second game was pretty close, right?

Sup bro,

Go fuck yourself

<3

Tabris

All fair points Godslay and Star for why Broncos won't have it as easy, but they also have Peyton Manning and the best receiving core in the game. Peyton has carried teams with no running game (Joseph Addai? Come on) to near perfect seasons before.

My guess is we may lose against Ravens and/or Giants, and everyone will panic and jump ship, but Peyton will right that.

Granted the offense takes a little longer to develop, but everytime they trot on the field, I just think to myself, why can't someone run worth a shit? It's the missing piece. Manning is great, but he has to have someone who can:

A. Block.
B. Pick up tough yards.

No one has proven that they can do that, and until they do we are going to have stunted drives.

Special teams will come around. I'm fine with them.

Defensively, someone has to fill in for Doom. No pressure up the middle or to the side opposite of Miller. Bradley is slow and sucks. DBs look fine.

It's not all doom and gloom, and I think we a slightly better team in some ways, and have regressed in others. If the RB situation resolves itself, some of the other issues will work themselves out. I think a solid RB would allow the offense to pile on points, and the defense would have more room to breath. Montee Ball has to be that guy.
To be perfectly honest the Broncos are starting to remind of the Colts in the sense that everything besides the receiving core is just crap.

Godslay

Banned
All fair points Godslay and Star for why Broncos won't have it as easy, but they also have Peyton Manning and the best receiving core in the game. Peyton has carried teams with no running game (Joseph Addai? Come on) to near perfect seasons before.

My guess is we may lose against Ravens and/or Giants, and everyone will panic and jump ship, but Peyton will right that.

It's not good enough right now. I know it's early, but I'm trying to be honest. We are having a hard time continuing drives. Have to be able to pick up tough yards via the run. Peyton can sit back there all day and sling it, but a running game allows us keep the defense honest (ugh I hate that saying), and allows us to control the flow of the game if need be.

I will never jump ship, but the team has problems.

To be perfectly honest the Broncos are starting to remind of the Colts in the sense that everything besides the receiving core is just crap.

I wouldn't go that far, but even with Peyton guys still have to show up and play.

Top Bottom