• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Preseason/Training Camp thread - Doritos Locos

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Packers GAF who is your favorite to win the kicking job? Crosby banking it off that defender was pretty damn sweet

Crosby. He just needs to get his confidence back. He used to be so good :(

Greg

Packers GAF who is your favorite to win the kicking job? Crosby banking it off that defender was pretty damn sweet
I'd rather have Mike go for it on 4th every time, but I'd stick with Crosby just because he has the leg and I'd like to think he could work through whatever mental issue was holding him up for accuracy

Godslay

Banned
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 15m
Exhale Broncos: So far all tests on Derek Wolfe are negative. Running a battery of tests: MRI, X-rays, CT. So far negative.

This is good news. I was about to drive to Seattle to punch cdyhybrid in the dick. Now I think I'll just go to bed when this game is over.

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 15m
Exhale Broncos: So far all tests on Derek Wolfe are negative. Running a battery of tests: MRI, X-rays, CT. So far negative.

This is good news. I was about to drive to Seattle to punch cdyhybrid in the dick. Now I think I'll just go to bed when this game is over.

I'm in favor of the 'punching-cdyhybrid-in-the-dick'-plan.

RyanDG

Well, I found the shirt I am going to wear at the bar all Broncos games this season.

8fg8S89.jpg

Free Von Miller.

I fucking hate pre-season.

Hunter S.

There are so many teams that went 0-4 in the preseason and then made the the playoffs. It is fun to brag, but this means nothing Godslay. The whole strategy is different and done as a gamble and test in the preseason.

Packers should've signed a vet FA but since all of the good ones are gone Crosby will keep the job.

I've yet to see the Italian do a kick-off and he's too green to hold it down.

Tabris

It's pre-season Week 2, let's not jump to any conclusions yet Godslay.

EDIT - I get the irony of me saying that, but being on board the Peyton train is a year long ride... actually it's a career long ride with a brief stop at neck surgery station.

There are so many teams that went 0-4 in the preseason and then made the the playoffs. It is fun to brag, but this means nothing Godslay. The whole strategy is different and done as a gamble and test in the preseason.
I think it's just more or less that the RBs are still not showing up, and that was our Achilles heel last year. Couple that with all of the big injuries, think BG is just a little anxious.

Godslay

Banned

Well, I started to back out of my driveway. But had to stop because I couldn't see the road through the tears.

There are so many teams that went 0-4 in the preseason and then made the the playoffs. It is fun to brag, but this means nothing Godslay. The whole strategy is different and done as a gamble qand test in the preseason.

I know preseason doesn't mean much, but it does allow you to see the problem areas. Hopefully they get fixed.

cdyhybrid

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 15m

I didn't want him to get hurt! You guys need to be at full strength so you can beat the Pats.

I'm going to put your hand in warm water while you're asleep at the Vegas NFL-Age meetup.

Kap will only be in the Superbowl if he decides to go as a spectator.

That's just not how it works for SB losers. Expect all the bad things to happen to the Niners this year.

bad things have already happened. we must break the curse!

How did Wussle do against the 49ers last year? The second game was pretty close, right?

won a game, lost a game. had 4 yards passing in the 2nd half of one of the games. unfortunately and apparently unbeknownst to seahawks fans, you don't move up in the standings by blowing a team out vs. winning by a narrow margin. this isn't shitty soccer. the seahawks went 1-1 against us and then lost to matt ryan in the playoffs while we won the division and went to the superbowl. done and done!

How's that avatar treating you? You just decide to put the murderer that beat you in the Super Bowl there?

refs decided it. i guess we have something in common with the seahawks afterall! only the comparisons end at the refs costing us a superbowl since the niners have won multiple superbowls and the seahawks have never won anything meaningful.

Once Ray Lewis announced he was retiring, I said if there was one team that could beat the Broncos, it was the Ravens. Said it in NFL-age. Godslay can attest to this. And they were only able to beat us due to god darn Rahim Moore.

I knew after that game they were going to win the Superbowl. (my posts in the NFL-age can attest to that)

uhhhh alright? that's like some guy comes along and bangs your girlfriend and you say "no its cool guys i saw him last week and i knew he was going to fuck her. i even predicted it so good on him"

squicken

Jim Thomas @jthom1
Bradford never makes excuses and blamed himself for botched exchange on 1-yard line and for errant pass to Tavon Austin from the 3.

See that Packers fans? Bradford sucks whale ass but at least he doesn't blame anyone for it! Leadership

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
won a game, lost a game. had 4 yards passing in the 2nd half of one of the games. unfortunately and apparently unbeknownst to seahawks fans, you don't move up in the standings by blowing a team out vs. winning by a narrow margin. this isn't shitty soccer. the seahawks went 1-1 against us and then lost to matt ryan in the playoffs while we won the division and went to the superbowl. done and done!"

I'm not even a Seahawk fan and I think it's pretty obvious they are going to sweep the Niners this year.

I think Arizona might surprise everyone this year and land a wild card spot.

Also, is Kirk Cousins going to be the Kevin Kolb/Matt Flynn of next year?

Tabris

I think Arizona might surprise everyone this year and land a wild card spot.

Agreed. Arizona is going to do well. Carson Palmer isn't THAT bad and with him, I think you'll see Fitzgerald pass Megatron to claim best WR for the season. Their running game also got better. And their D can be quite good.

My prediction is:

Seattle
Arizona
San Fran
St Louis

If Kap isn't a bust, swap Seattle and San Fran.

Crosby. He just needs to get his confidence back. He used to be so good :(

We've said this for three years now. The fact that he hasn't been cut yet is a travesty.

I'm glad everyone here is excited for Lacey. I expect big things. Cant wait to re-watch this one to see him play. Game is re-airing on NFLN tomorrow @ 4 PM if anyone's interested

Paches

Can't get enough of the Denver fans (not from here in particular) crying that the Hawks shouldn't take this game so seriously.

Spinluck

All fair points Godslay and Star for why Broncos won't have it as easy, but they also have Peyton Manning and the best receiving core in the game. Peyton has carried teams with no running game (Joseph Addai? Come on) to near perfect seasons before.

My guess is we may lose against Ravens and/or Giants, and everyone will panic and jump ship, but Peyton will right that.

Joseph was good before the knee, shoulder, and back injuries.

squicken

Can't get enough of the Denver fans (not from here in particular) crying that the Hawks shouldn't take this game so seriously.

Denver had their starters in for just as long. It mattered to them and they just didn't measure up. Then when the subs came in SEA just shows off its depth. They are good. Preseason blah blah blah

Godslay

Banned
Denver had their starters in for just as long. It mattered to them and they just didn't measure up. Then when the subs came in SEA just shows off its depth. They are good. Preseason blah blah blah

The amount of time in game was pretty much set in stone prior to the game. I think the turnovers prolonged them staying in the game. As far as any other narrative, I don't think it is there.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
The amount of time in game was pretty much set in stone prior to the game. I think the turnovers prolonged them staying in the game. As far as any other narrative, I don't think it is there.

At least you can rest easy on the fact that Peyton, Thomas and Welker all looked good. The goal line fumble really set the pace for the game.

How sad will you be when JJ is banned for life over PED use and Jake leads the Titans to the AFC title?

Hahahaha, Jake is almost as inaccurate as Tebow. He will never win a playoff game.

Spinluck

The last time we won the Super Bowl we went 0-4 in the preseason. Lions went 4-0 in the 2008 preseason.

It's good to watch the preseason to keep up with new or developing players who don't get much time in the regular season and beyond. But it's hardly an accurate barometer for anything, lol.

EDIT: With that said, the Seahawks are pretty damn good.

Top Bottom