• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Preseason/Training Camp thread - Doritos Locos

Doorman

Lions game - Am I the only person who thought that looked like Jason Fox got away with a completely blatant hold on that TD pass? Jesus.

Charles James...bubble player. Soon to be cut player.

Missed the first series but considering we didn't score I'm guessing the offense looked as in-sync as we have all preseason long?

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Shaun Hill has clearly been the best QB on the team this preseason. Stafford is missing wide open receivers. His accuracy is getting worse.

Lol, no. Shaun Hill is the best backup QB in the league IMO, but Shaun Hill has been going up against 2nd and 3rd stringers. Stafford has been going up against 1st stringers so its not really comparable. This is presason we're talking about anyway.

I just got home from work and haven't seen any of the game but the 4th preseason game of the year is always the one where no one gives a shit. Everyone is trying to stay healthy and focused for next week.

Doorman

I just got home from work and haven't seen any of the game but the 4th preseason game of the year is always the one where no one gives a shit. Everyone is trying to stay healthy and focused for next week.

So far this game has been showing me that Matt Willis and Joseph Fauria probably deserve to make it onto the team in some capacity, at any rate. And that despite all the chances he's being given, Patrick Edwards is probably tragically overrated.

Shaun Hill has clearly been the best QB on the team this preseason. Stafford is missing wide open receivers. His accuracy is getting worse.

You can tell a lot of his throws seem catered towards throwing at Calvin Johnson; not everyone can make those catches. He hasn't looked good all preseason - in fact the first string offense hasn't looked good period.

I'm not sure if Stafford has hit anyone in stride all preseason...

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
So far this game has been showing me that Matt Willis and Joseph Fauria probably deserve to make it onto the team in some capacity, at any rate. And that despite all the chances he's being given, Patrick Edwards is probably tragically overrated.

Yeah I was really hoping Patrick Edwards would step up. Nate Burleson was hyping him up a lot before preseason that this was going to be his breakout year but I just haven't seen it.

The WR depth could be a factor like it was last year if someone goes down. Nate Burleson is a year older, Edwards needs to step up and while I like Ryan Broyles the injury issue is always there. It's nice that Reggie Bush can line up in the slot but we should've used a pick on a WR this past draft. I really wish Titus Young didn't turn into a tweeker cause we could've used his speed last year and this year. =/

As the season goes on though the offense will gain continuity if people stay healthy.

Doorman

Dat Joique.

Can it be that we've finally found an under-the-radar running back pickup that could actually become a useful player for us? He was pretty encouraging during the end of last year and by most accounts he's been outpacing Leshoure in camp.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
So are they not even keeping statistics for defensive plays on NFL.com unless its a turnover? I see Mathis' 1 INT but nothing on the Bills side.

Interested to see how Suh, Fairley, Darius Slay and a few others are doing, Suh and Fairley should not even be playing IMO, nor should most starters on offense and defense. Game 4 in preseason should be a look at the last two drafts for all teams.

EDIT: squicken check your PMs

Dat Joique.

Can it be that we've finally found an under-the-radar running back pickup that could actually become a useful player for us? He was pretty encouraging during the end of last year and by most accounts he's been outpacing Leshoure in camp.

I hope he's worked himself to #2 on the RB depth chart at this point. Loved the way he's played since last year, except for that fumble at the goalline at Chicago last year that essentially cost us the game.

Tamanon

Banned
Loved the Rashean Mathis pickup. A veteran, former Pro Bowler who will give us some leadership later in the season.

Rashean was never really a leader on the Jags, I can't imagine him starting this late in life.

And this is from a man who owns a Mathis jersey.

Nothing to brag about there. It's preseason against second teamers but the offense desperately needed to get some momentum. Some kind of tempo and to actually finish a drive. Get some confidence for the opener.

Now to see which of the scrubs survive.

BigAT

You'd think with Lindsey Vonn at home Tiger Woods would have better things to do than be at the Giants/Pats game.

Fuck, I'd take the fat Perkins waitress over a week 4 preseason game.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Leshoure has been one of the worst draft picks Martin Mayhew has made in his tenure as GM since Millen went out. I had a lot of high hopes for Leshoure but its been nothing but disappointment from arrests to injuries to mediocre play.

Rashean was never really a leader on the Jags, I can't imagine him starting this late in life.

And this is from a man who owns a Mathis jersey.

I meant veteran leadership, not total leadership per-se. Sometimes you need veteran guys to just lead by example especially considering how young our secondary and overall defense is.

Doorman

So are they not even keeping statistics for defensive plays on NFL.com unless its a turnover? I see Mathis' 1 INT but nothing on the Bills side.

Interested to see how Suh, Fairley, Darius Slay and a few others are doing, Suh and Fairley should not even be playing IMO, nor should most starters on offense and defense. Game 4 in preseason should be a look at the last two drafts for all teams.

Suh didn't play at all, and I think Fairley got maybe a series or two. Now it's mostly the (guh) Willie Young show.

Willie Young and Devin Taylor have looked good but they have to translate to the actual season.

LeShore...dunno. Sometimes he looks pretty good but overall he hasn't justified his draft position. Mayhew's draft philosophy continues to fail.

Top Bottom