• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Preseason/Training Camp thread - Doritos Locos

Doorman

Leinart is dogmeat right now. Wow...

To be fair, he was only signed by the time like literally three days ago, it's not like he's had much time to develop chemistry with anyone on the team, let alone get the playbook under his belt.

The Bills aren't really planning to use him during the season unless they absolutely have no choice, anyway, so I wouldn't bother judging his performance much if at all.

The fuck, Dobson. I hope his awful drops don't become a regular thing.

I've already lost hope.

He can't get off the line, when touched his feet stop moving and he just stands there. He can't get any proper separation and the drops are a problem. For every circus catch he drops 5.

But the worst thing of all is that he never fights for the ball. Once in the first pre-season game where he thought he couldn't get to a deep throw by Brady, he stopped running and stopped looking for the ball.

Second time was on the INT against the Lions and just now on the INT where Mallett underthrew him. Sure he underthrew him, but dammit son, you could at least try.

Giving him the cursed #17 was a bad idea....The Jags will enjoy him in 2 years.

Sanjuro

I've already lost hope.

He can't get off the line, when touched his feet stop moving and he just stands there. He can't get any proper separation and the drops are a problem. For every circus catch he drops 5.

But the worst thing of all is that he never fights for the ball. Once in the first pre-season game where he thought he couldn't get to a deep throw by Brady, he stopped running and stopped looking for the ball.

Second time was on the INT against the Lions and just now on the INT where Mallett underthrew him. Sure he underthrew him, but dammit son, you could at least try.

Giving him the cursed #17 was a bad idea....The Jags will enjoy him in 2 years.

1NPcpzW.jpg

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Wrong again. The Bills started 2 of their 22 starters tonight.

Link? Almost all teams in the NFL aren't playing their starters for numerous reasons including us. No need to risk injury in the meaningless 4th preseason game when the season starts next week.

Either way we're not playing with our full offense either so judging Stafford by this game or the preseason in general is asinine because once our offense starts clicking and the real season starts then we can start judging our 25 year old stud QB.

It's normal for us Lions fans to be pessimistic and doubt our team. We all do it, but let there be no doubt Stafford is the best QB we've had in our history and will run this offense for the next 8-10 years. He has all the physical tools, plus leadership and clutch play.

Godslay

Banned
Here we go Osweiler/Dysert time.

I'd also like to see a bit of M. Ball, and it's too bad that CJ Anderson is still coming back from that injury. I'd love to see more of him, but I'm not sure if we will.

So far for sure Palmer, Fitz, Campbell, and Colledge won't be playing. I would be surprised if Mendy does. Well, not much to evaluate in this game, about the only point in watching is to see how well Ryan Williams advertises himself to other teams or if he can convince our FO to keep 5 backs on the roster. Actually, there's rookies to watch....HONEY BADGER!

Tenumi

Banned
Link? Almost all teams in the NFL aren't playing their starters for numerous reasons including us. No need to risk injury in the meaningless 4th preseason game when the season starts next week.

Either way we're not playing with our full offense either so judging Stafford by this game or the preseason in general is asinine because once our offense starts clicking and the real season starts then we can start judging our 25 year old stud QB.

It's normal for us Lions fans to be pessimistic and doubt our team. We all do it, but let there be no doubt Stafford is the best QB we've had in our history and will run this offense for the next 8-10 years. He has all the physical tools, plus leadership and clutch play.

There is no doubt that Stafford is the best QB in recent Lions history, heck, maybe even best of all time. But he is having legit issues with his non Calvin/Reggie targets. I can hope that it is chalked up on preseason stuff and will get better in the regular season, but I can't see into the future. We have to wait.

Talon

Ah, eternal sunshine of the spotless mind.

Top Bottom