• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Preseason/Training Camp thread - Doritos Locos

Your QB is one sack (of Smothered Burritos) away from losing a foot to diabetes.

taco-bell-smothered-burrito.jpg
:jnc

Bowser

Yeah portable gaming in the city is the way to go. Playing my Vita/3DSXL on planes with all the traveling I'm doing is a life saver.

BTW, have you seen Titanfall?

Yeah 3DSXL on frequent plane trips is a godsend.

I hadn't seen Titanfall...reading up on it, the premise/concept sounds really cool (reminds me faintly of Pacific Rim actually). However, I'm not sure how to feel about the multiplayer only part. I still haven't really embraced online gaming (even though I realize that we're pretty much moving into online only in the future) - I'm much more of a single player kind of guy, and when I do multiplayer, it's usually sports games (Madden/FIFA) with friends locally.

Hayward and Tramon are hurt, so... yeah.

(with any luck, Tramon misses the first few weeks and loses his starting job)

Hayward is better than House at the moment but I think House could be the better player down the road. Hes a little bigger and definitely more physical.

Shields could be your #2 CB and Hayward be your perfect dime CB.

Hayward was great in coverage for the most part but Im unsure he can make those physical plays you want him to make.

Furyous

OK.
The Browns suck!

Now, let's talk about a team with potential.
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers!

The Bucs have potential all right..

Revis' has the potential to blow out his ACL and regress. Coach Schiano doesn't even want Josh Freeman.
Let's just hope Mike Glennon doesn't turn into the next Blame Gabbert. I expect someone's second string wide receiver to break Revis' ankles. Bucs fans talking aobut potential is fine especially in the preseason because potentially the Jaguars could make the playoffs and go 16-0. We talking about potential, not analysis, not roster size, but potential.

squicken

Jets openly hoping Geno wins starting job

http://i.imgur.com/EOd8YrJ.gif[/IG]

Are we gonna learn from any of the mistakes we made with Sanchez?[/QUOTE]

Well obviously the guy who drafted Geno wants him to win the job. And the word "openly" is used a bit liberally here. It's still a typical NY media "unnamed sources" report, not the GM himself coming out and rooting for Geno on the record

I'm not really a Geno fan so it probably doesn't matter. I'm not sure the Jets actually watched any WVU games the way they talk about running read option with him

Less to do with his injury more to do with the fact that hes a mental midget and cant gamble for picks without Nick Collins guarding the deep zone.

Yeah. Williams' progression is certainly not that of an elite athlete. rather a guy that was allowed to get away with taking risks due to a good clean up crew.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
I just don't want to see Geno starting in week 1. Rushing him isn't gonna help, and the talk of wildcat and read option thats been around all summer is just as worrisome.

I'm just saying I hope they don't ruin him the way they did Sanchez.

Revis' has the potential to blow out his ACL and regress. Coach Schiano doesn't even want Josh Freeman.
Let's just hope Mike Glennon doesn't turn into the next Blame Gabbert. I expect someone's second string wide receiver to break Revis' ankles. Bucs fans talking aobut potential is fine especially in the preseason because potentially the Jaguars could make the playoffs and go 16-0. We talking about potential, not analysis, not roster size, but potential.
You're a feisty one.

squicken

I just don't want to see Geno starting in week 1. Rushing him isn't gonna help, and the talk of wildcat and read option thats been around all summer is just as worrisome.

I'm just saying I hope they don't ruin him the way they did Sanchez.

Oh now that I understand. I also think it's a bad idea to start a young QB when he has no chance to succeed. The Jets would be bad on offense with most QBs. Might as well find some use for Sanchez and ride that dumpster fire down the hill

bionic77

Yeah 3DSXL on frequent plane trips is a godsend.

I hadn't seen Titanfall...reading up on it, the premise/concept sounds really cool (reminds me faintly of Pacific Rim actually). However, I'm not sure how to feel about the multiplayer only part. I still haven't really embraced online gaming (even though I realize that we're pretty much moving into online only in the future) - I'm much more of a single player kind of guy, and when I do multiplayer, it's usually sports games (Madden/FIFA) with friends locally.
Online is shit compared to local multi.

Shit is just way more intense when you are playing a game in the same room.

Bread

Banned
Pretty sure no.

Anyone else doing the Madden thing? I was thinking of doing it with Chromecast so I could have it on two TVs.
yea i am for sure, i'll get my roommates to split it with me and just get an hdmi hookup from one of their laptops.

I quite like this new guy

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Oh now that I understand. I also think it's a bad idea to start a young QB when he has no chance to succeed. The Jets would be bad on offense with most QBs. Might as well find some use for Sanchez and ride that dumpster fire down the hill

Exactly. I wouldn't want Geno to turn into the new Gabbart, Jimmy Clauson, etc.

We've suffered enough

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Great opportunity to watch your team, you poors!

StubHub is selling tickets to Thursday night’s games for as cheap as $4 at ticket. That should make season ticket holders happy to hear.

Interested in sitting in the Dawg Pound while the Cleveland Browns take on the St. Louis Rams? A ticket here will only cost you $5.45.

How about watching Kirk Cousins and the Redskins take on the Titans in Tennessee? You can be a part of all the action for less than half of a roll of quarters ($4).

Falcons fans might not be so happy if Bengals third-string quarterback John Skelton dices up Atlanta’s secondary. Regardless, a ticket here will cost you the steep price of $7.90

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Exactly. I wouldn't want Geno to turn into the new Gabbart, Jimmy Clauson, etc.

We've suffered enough

Those guys could have sat on the bench for 5 years and they'd still suck.

Jets are not obliged to stick with Geno for the long haul. I'd rather see him start week 1 and see if he can stick as a starter for the future. If not then just move on.

Suffering is tying yourself to a shitty quarterback because hes young and "has potential" even when he sucks.

Heh. Tramon was "elite" just two seasons ago.
It got to his head. Dude refuses to hold his ground against the run. Run/screen to his side, watch the yards pile up.

Deion may have gotten away with it, but Deion was Deion.

Hayward is better than House at the moment but I think House could be the better player down the road. Hes a little bigger and definitely more physical.

Shields could be your #2 CB and Hayward be your perfect dime CB.

Hayward was great in coverage for the most part but Im unsure he can make those physical plays you want him to make.
Hayward is probably going to be the best CB on the team (assuming Tramon's balls don't regrow). We've seen Shields' ceiling, he's a decent #2 or a great nickel.

House and Hayward are the best options if either of those assholes can stay healthy for any length of time.

Spinluck

Pretty sure no.

Anyone else doing the Madden thing? I was thinking of doing it with Chromecast so I could have it on two TVs.

I'm doing it.

Will probably sell the PS3 version to get the PS4 depending on what's said about the next gen versions.

What's the promo code you guys used for Preason Live. Thinking about getting it if I can shave $5 off.

EDIT: Nvm found Godslay's post. Promo Code is "directv"

I really wish Chip would give Barkely a shot with the 1s. I worry that they are letting how weak the division should be affect their decisions.

Bowser

http://prod.images.panthers.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/PANTHERS/assets/images/imported/CAR/photos/clubimages/2013/08-August/tempIMG_4722--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG?width=960&height=720/img]

Prime Smitty[/QUOTE]

Poor Captain :(

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/tXLNK.jpg

Bread

Banned
hm cheapest tickets are $13, anyone from san diego gaf want to go to the game? lol is there even a san diego community on nfl gaf?

MechDX

Packers are too high. Texans not high enough.

The summary of the broncos sounds like what the fans are thinking. Fox needs to let the offense win it and dominate even more. Still he needs to continue his great field position strategy to kill other offenses.

After the collapse last year I don't want us in the top 10. Someone on local sports radio said that they felt the team started believing their own press and that is when the season started to go sour. Whole reason why Reed was brought in to keep them level headed. Oh and to show we don't age discriminate

Top Bottom