• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Preseason/Training Camp thread - Doritos Locos

cajunator

Banned
Ive been playing on this new computer all night since I finished building it and holy shit its fucking awesome. Probably gonna download DOlphin on it and play Wii games in HD and of course hit up STEAM. Gaming is bullshit but it still has its moments.
Plus now I can watch NFL games in Hidef instead of 480 :p

Finally some people are talking some sense in here. When the Rams run roughshod over the league I'm going to come in here and put my foot in everyone's dickholes

You have to admit the losses of Amendola and Jackson will do nothing but hurt the team, but their defense alone will be able to stifle most offenses this season. I'm a 49ers fan and I'm just glad the divison is moving past the "NFC Worst" moniker established over the last decade.

thebigmanjosh

snes pls go

I've been a lurker for a while and I'm not trying to flame anyone. If you're honest with yourself you'll realize that the Seahawks will have a tougher time working through their season this year, as will the 49ers.

cut the shit

cdyhybrid

I've been a lurker for a while and I'm not trying to flame anyone. If you're honest with yourself you'll realize that the Seahawks will have a tougher time working through their season this year, as will the 49ers.

cut the shit

CVoj2Hr.jpg

I'd rather cut a burger patty or three

Kiryu

Grudge match in San Diego, as Clipboard Jesus faces off against his former team that he got into the playoffs by beating the Rams to finish 7-9.
Ditto

I thought I was only one who remembers Clipboard Jesus brought Seahawks into the playoff to upset the reigning Super Bowl Champion Saints.

(Is it best upset game in NFL history YET?)

squicken

You have to admit the losses of Amendola and Jackson will do nothing but hurt the team, but their defense alone will be able to stifle most offenses this season. I'm a 49ers fan and I'm just glad the divison is moving past the "NFC Worst" moniker established over the last decade.

Fisher tried to trade SJAX before last season and during last season, and when he found no takers, the team altered his contract so he could save face and walk and not be released. For a team like ATL, he's a good fit. But in STL his lack of big play ability had been a problem for several years.

http://www.pro-football-reference.c...esult=&margin_min=&margin_max=&order_by=yards

Yes, the OL is at fault to a large degree, but he also was no longer able to overcome that. He was fading in the second half of games last year, and hasn't been an effective goal line runner for a couple of years. Where he will actually be missed is 3rd downs, where he is great in pass pro and can get a few yards as a receiver

Amendola? If healthy, big loss. Big if, since he's been injured more than half his games in STL. I'm sure he'll be healthy this year and we'll see lots of moron writers pumping the "Brady does it again! Trash to treasure!" angle. He wasn't let go for talent. Couldn't stay on the field. Just like Laurent Robinson and Danario Alexander before him

squicken

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/08/08/darius-slay-lambeau/

Packers game tape flashed across the big screen during a Lions defensive backs meeting this summer. Many of the men in the room had played at the stadium on the film, named after the founder of the 94-year-old Green Bay franchise. The corners and safeties got to talking about pro football’s most revered venue. Then a confused rookie piped up.

“Lambo? Like the car?”

The veterans were flabbergasted. Detroit’s second-round pick, Mississippi State corner Darius Slay, didn’t know what Lambeau Field was. He thought they were talking about a Lamborghini, the luxury car.

“I knew what a Lambo was, but I didn’t know it was Green Bay’s stadium. They said, ‘Man, that’s the stadium!’ I said, ‘Oh man . . .’ ”

The day has finally arrived! I get to attend a game tonight and watch scrubs knock the crap out of each other! Just one more step towards the regular season and torching Rob Ryan's defense.

Spades

Is RedZone in full affect during the preseason? IE, will we have a RedZone channel on Thursday or Friday during the games?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
TRENT TRUCK
TRENT TRUCK
TRENT TRUCK
TRENT TRUCK

Is not playing tonight so...

OLD MAN
OLD MAN
OLD MAN
OLD MAN

Weeden gonna slang on dem Rams and be home well before his bedtime.

squicken

Is RedZone in full affect during the preseason? IE, will we have a RedZone channel on Thursday or Friday during the games?

Nope. Red Zone Channel is only during the regular season. Not sure about the UK, but you can use the Quad View on the Preseason Live app to see 4 games at once.

Four straight days of glorious, wonderful, awe-inspiring,
pointless
football! Can't wait!

Also, Dennis Green is stupid.

"I don't think Ryan's a great quarterback," Green said on the NFL Network this week. "So, the key is going to be, how can they overcome losing two great players."
Of course Ryan isn't a great QB! The hope is that he is developing into one, genius. And if he is never going to be a great QB then who cares about losing Long and Bush, the team isn't going anywhere regardless.

Wrayfield

As squicken said, no. Also in the past, RedZone was not available in UK during regular season due to bandwidth issues iirc. That was Gamepass though.

Milchjon

Marvin Lewis sounds mentally stable:

In Cincinnati, coach Marvin Lewis was furious with Bengals linebacker Vontaze Burfict for jumping on the back of Atlanta Falcons running back Steven Jackson after breaking through a block.

"He was wrong," Lewis said of Burfict. "I told him if he did to me what he did with Steven, I would have hit him with a 2x4. Steven should have got him in his sleep last night. It's wrong. That's what he's got to understand, don't cross the line and be wrong."

As I did with Sundays game I'll ask again here:

Over/Under you'll watch 10 minutes of actual gameplay?

Over since I'll actually be at the game. I'll be watching Brian Banks more than anyone though. I'm pulling for him to at least earn a spot on the practice squad, would be great if he earned a spot on the team but that's a long shot.

squicken

Local Midget Says Finley Dominating Packers' Camp

He’s been running his routes really well,” quarterback Aaron Rodgers said, via Bob McGinn of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. “Something clicked last year midseason … and it’s carried over this spring. He’s got himself in unbelievable shape, and he’s come in and been dominating out there. I’m really proud of him and the steps he’s made.

Spades

As squicken said, no. Also in the past, RedZone was not available in UK during regular season due to bandwidth issues iirc. That was Gamepass though.

It's blacked out on GamePass during the regular season in the UK because Sky Sports TV broadcast it. Even the individual games that Sky Sports broadcast live are blacked out on GamePass, which is stupid as hell.

RBH

1098432_10151610867482842_1092938501_n.jpg

Fear not, my friends! The Atlanta Falcons will be on your TV set tonight to save you from the usual monotony of preseason football.

Enjoy!

Wrayfield

It's blacked out on GamePass during the regular season in the UK because Sky Sports TV broadcast it. Even the individual games that Sky Sports broadcast live are blacked out on GamePass, which is stupid as hell.

At least Sky got rid of this stupid English Steelers fan/broadcaster a year or so ago. Hated him so much.

Bowser

So I had pre-ordered a PS4 off Amazon (day one bitches!) when all the hoopla about XBONE backlash happened (that same night). Now I'm seeing that XBONE has 180'ed on a bunch of those restrictions? Does it still have that stupid Kinect Always On functionality? Still a non-starter for me, but if they'd take that out, I'd go with XBONE in a heartbeat...

So that deal for Madden 25 and Sunday Ticket, how many uses is that code good for?

I think you already know the answer to this.

Dragon

Banned
So I had pre-ordered a PS4 off Amazon (day one bitches!) when all the hoopla about XBONE backlash happened (that same night). Now I'm seeing that XBONE has 180'ed on a bunch of those restrictions? Does it still have that stupid Kinect Always On functionality? Still a non-starter for me, but if they'd take that out, I'd go with XBONE in a heartbeat...

You can turn the Kinect off through the system settings but it has to be plugged in for the console to work.

Also I don't know why you'd go with the Xbone over the PS4 if everything else was even equal. And it's not. Then again I never really liked my 360 because I'm a tad biased. *shrug*

Bowser

You can turn the Kinect off through the system settings but it has to be plugged in for the console to work.

Also I don't know why you'd go with the Xbone over the PS4 if everything else was even equal. And it's not. Then again I never really liked my 360 because I'm a tad biased. *shrug*

Actually I don't really know haha. I pretty much stopped gaming after I graduated college and moved to NYC...actually, the only console I own here is the 3DSXL.

I'll probably just keep the PS4 preorder for now, but as someone who doesn't game all that much anymore, maybe it's not the best use of $400...

If the games on the Xbox One appeal to you more (which I imagine they do if you'd go with the Xbox "in a heartbeat") and you don't mind paying the higher point of entry, then the decision seems fairly easy.

Top Bottom