• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Preseason/Training Camp thread - Doritos Locos

Godslay

Banned
You are doing great work but I would never post in one of those circle jerk threads.

Dammit, and I told myself I wouldn't get sucked into such a thread! It's pointless really, and I've stayed away from gaming side for the most part. I went over there to look in the Dragon's Crown thread, cause I was going to catch up on it tomorrow, saw that thread and click! I should just go to bed.

Greg

You forgot NFL-GAF fort and the buttfumble.

Otherwise it looks good!
:jnc

those were left out intentionally to get the community involved

Dammit, and I told myself I wouldn't get sucked into such a thread! It's pointless really, and I've stayed away from gaming side for the most part. I went over there to look in the Dragon's Crown thread, cause I was going to catch up on it tomorrow, saw that thread and click! I should just go to bed.
go before it's too late!

let's go!
You forgot something about Fraudgers punching cancer patients.

You wont get banned or anything, I just have given up trying to discuss things in threads like that. The same idiots always flock to them and talk about how much better things would be if it was just Sony and Nintendo in the industry.

Vyer

wow. Did gaming side explode when this was announced? I haven't spent much time there lately, but that seems like it would have been a big deal.

wow. Did gaming side explode when this was announced? I haven't spent much time there lately, but that seems like it would have been a big deal.
It was mentioned during the same press conference they announced used games would still be a thing. The good will from that overwhelmed it.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
4 quarters of our offense dropping bombs 40+ point games and the most fearsome defensive line in the league? Lets do this, feelsgoodman.jpg to have one of the youngest and exciting teams in the NFL.

Restore the Roar 2013. PackersGaf, NinersGaf, GiantsGaf and NFLGaf etc. aren't prepared but theirs a new sheriff in town.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Kas I am really worried that you are going to snap when the Lions are 4-12 again this year.

But that could lead to Jadeveon. Just imagine :eek:

Jk this team needs to make the playoffs. Once that happens we can beat anyone. No more draft threads in November in Lions forums. No excuses now.

But that could lead to Jadeveon. Just imagine :eek:

Jk this team needs to make the playoffs. Once that happens we can beat anyone. No more draft threads in November in Lions forums. No excuses now.

Are you really not concerned at all about how poor Stafford has played in the preseason so far? I know that preseason isnt always a good predictor of regular season success, but man has he looked off so far.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Are you really not concerned at all about how poor Stafford has played in the preseason so far? I know that preseason isnt always a good predictor of regular season success, but man has he looked off so far.

Not at all. We haven't had our offense at full strength for four full quarters. Stafford has had a tendecency of being a 2nd half QB anyway. I want to see us with everyone on the field, defense getting turnovers, defensive line putting pressure.

I`ve seen enough of Stafford since his first game as a rookie at New Orleans in 2009 to know he has all the makings to become an elite QB (he already is IMO). Its all a matter of the whole team game coming together like it did in 2011. Its cliche coming from me but the film and stats speak for themselves. He`s only 25.

Stafford has strong, broad shoulders but even he can`t carry the whole burden, he needs help from the running game and defense to get some turnovers which we did not do in 2012.

Not at all. We haven't had our offense at full strength for four full quarters. Stafford has had a tendecency of being a 2nd half QB anyway. I want to see us with everyone on the field, defense getting turnovers, defensive line putting pressure.

I`ve seen enough of Stafford since his first game as a rookie at New Orleans in 2009 to know he has all the makings to become an elite QB (he already is IMO). Its all a matter of the whole team game coming together like it did in 2011. Its cliche coming from me but the film and stats speak for themselves. He`s only 25.

Stafford has strong, broad shoulders but even he can`t carry the whole burden, he needs help from the running game and defense to get some turnovers which we did not do in 2012.

did you get a new coaching staff?

Milchjon

Might have failed my electrical engineering test for the second time in a row.

Will probably have to rethink my future a bit, even though we have 3 attempts plus an oral test to try and save it...

The thing is, I love the stuff I'm learning, and while I won't pretend I'm a brilliant student otherwise, the struggle in other classes is nothing compared to how I do in electrical engineering tests. A mix of questions out of the left field and a huge amount of stuff to learn really makes it hard for me. And even though I feel like I grasped the majority of what we had to learn, the result still fucking sucks.

/venting

Milchjon

I had to leave the club 30 minutes after the DJ I came to see came on because people drank too much. I'm a bit peeved.

Damn, that sucks.

Edit: Flacco dislikes making sense:

In an attempt to promote Thursday's annual "Kickoff" event that pits the Baltimore Ravens against the Denver Broncos, the NFL hung a huge banner of Flacco from Sports Authority Field at Mile High that has drawn much ire from Broncos fans. Flacco has been the centerpiece of the bitterness, but said he embraces the hate.

"Being hated is not a bad thing," Flacco told reporters Sunday. "I don't know if I'll be too popular for this, but I don't know how I really feel about Johnny Manziel. But I feel like now everybody hates him. He's quickly becoming my favorite player in college football."

Flacco finding the flashy Manziel his favorite sounds like a Jazz musician who digs twerking, but Flacco understands unfounded animosity when he sees it

And I like this shot:

Cs1ihbY.jpg

Might have failed my electrical engineering test for the second time in a row.

Will probably have to rethink my future a bit, even though we have 3 attempts plus an oral test to try and save it...

The thing is, I love the stuff I'm learning, and while I won't pretend I'm a brilliant student otherwise, the struggle in other classes is nothing compared to how I do in electrical engineering tests. A mix of questions out of the left field and a huge amount of stuff to learn really makes it hard for me. And even though I feel like I grasped the majority of what we had to learn, the result still fucking sucks.

/venting
Hang in there man, I know how you feel. I'm a mining engineer myself but I remember being in school and always thinking the EE's were some of the ones who had it the worst. You guys get into some crazy stuff. The few electrical classes I did have to take were rough for me, mostly because everything is so theoretical as opposed to being something tangible that you can see and put your hands on.

So is this test the last major requirement you have or is it something you take earlier? It sounds like one of those things they implement to weed people in, which explains why some of the stuff feels like it's out of left field. For some reason schools seem to love making you squirm and think on the fly.

Anyway, you got this. I remember jumping for joy at a C- I got in a class once (D would not have been passing) after failing a test or two in the class early in the semester. Everyone but the super freak geniuses struggles at some point, but if you're determined you'll get it done.

Milchjon

Hang in there man, I know how you feel. I'm a mining engineer myself but I remember being in school and always thinking the EE's were some of the ones who had it the worst. You guys get into some crazy stuff. The few electrical classes I did have to take were rough for me, mostly because everything is so theoretical as opposed to being something tangible that you can see and put your hands on.

So is this test the last major requirement you have or is it something you take earlier? It sounds like one of those things they implement to weed people in, which explains why some of the stuff feels like it's out of left field. For some reason schools seem to love making you squirm and think on the fly.

Anyway, you got this. I remember jumping for joy at a C- I got in a class once (D would not have been passing) after failing a test or two in the class early in the semester. Everyone but the super freak geniuses struggles at some point, but if you're determined you'll get it done.

Thanks man, I'll soldier on.

These classes have failure rates of 50-60%. So there's definitely some weeding out.

It's just that I'm not used to this. I cruised through high school and graduated top of my (small) class, and got my first bachelor's in a totally different field with honors. All that with minimal effort compared to what I do now. So I think I'm just not in the habit of working hard enough. Or I'm actually that dumb and it just never showed before ;-)

Thanks man, I'll soldier on.

These classes have failure rates of 50-60%. So there's definitely some weeding out.

It's just that I'm not used to this. I cruised through high school and graduated top of my (small) class, and got my first bachelor's in a totally different field with honors. All that with minimal effort compared to what I do now. So I think I'm just not in the habit of working hard enough. Or I'm actually that dumb and it just never showed before ;-)
I'd definitely say it's more of the former if my experience is any indication! I remember feeling smart back in high school but when I went into engineering at college I felt average, and that was on a good day. You are just surrounded by intelligent people, and many of them were also a lot more motivated than I was.

Once you get over the initial hump of realizing that you'll have to actually put in a lot of effort (and at times feel like a slave) it gets better. I remember my third year especially which was just insane, always doing tons of work on the weekends and studying for countless hours only to get an average grade... Not fun.

But hey, at least it's not med school, right?

Milchjon

I'd definitely say it's more of the former if my experience is any indication! I remember feeling smart back in high school but when I went into engineering at college I felt average, and that was on a good day. You are just surrounded by intelligent people, and many of them were also a lot more motivated than I was.

Once you get over the initial hump of realizing that you'll have to actually put in a lot of effort (and at times feel like a slave) it gets better. I remember my third year especially which was just insane, always doing tons of work on the weekends and studying for countless hours only to get an average grade... Not fun.

But hey, at least it's not med school, right?

Haha, yeah!

Okay, done whining. Time to focus on happier things, like studying for another EE test and:

effzee

Is Mark Ingram supposed to be the starting RB for the Saints? Or are they still going to fuck over FF owners by using all their backs?

Is Mark Ingram supposed to be the starting RB for the Saints? Or are they still going to fuck over FF owners by using all their backs?
Isn't Thomas down for alittle? Or not 100% yet? Ivorys gone too. The Local media also seems to be hyping up Ingram quite a bit, so who knows we'll see. I took a late round flyer on him in a league too. So hoping for the best.

Buster Skrine has won the Browns starting right corner job.
Skrine edged out Chris Owens, who will still play a ton as the Browns' No. 3 corner. It's one of the few holes in an underrated defense as Skrine graded out 78th among 113 corners in ProFootballFocus' rankings last season. Joe Haden is expected to shadow No. 1 receivers, starting with Mike Wallace on Sunday.
Buster Skrine.

effzee

Isn't Thomas down for alittle? Or not 100% yet? Ivorys gone too. The Local media also seems to be hyping up Ingram quite a bit, so who knows we'll see. I took a late round flyer on him in a league too. So hoping for the best.

Yeah. I took him as my RB4.

And what is the prospect of Lamar Miller? I remember hearing tons about him over the off season but not a word during pre season.

Milchjon

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 13m Übersetzung anzeigen
Bengals DT Geno Atkins and Cincinnati agreed to a five-year, $55 million extension, per ESPn source.

Like cuevas said, Packers release BJ Coleman.

Packers signed QB Seneca Wallace.
Wallace was just released by the 49ers -- the Packers' Week 1 opponent -- on Thursday. He immediately slides in as Aaron Rodgers' direct backup as Green Bay has released both Vince Young and B.J. Coleman in the last few days. Wallace, 33, hasn't appeared in an NFL game since 2011 with the Browns. Current Packers GM Ted Thompson drafted Wallace to the Seahawks in the fourth round of the 2003 draft.
He's back ! I still like Seneca

Top Bottom