• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Preseason/Training Camp thread - Doritos Locos

Turnstile

And I like this shot:

Cs1ihbY.jpg
Dammit Hillman.

I think I'm going to make one of those shitty inspirational office posters with this.

CONSISTENCY.

Yeah. I took him as my RB4.

And what is the prospect of Lamar Miller? I remember hearing tons about him over the off season but not a word during pre season.
Lamar didn't get a lot of work in the preseason but he got enough to secure the starting RB spot for sure. Daniel Thomas will get some carries but Lamar is the feature back. The big question is whether or not he can handle the workload as he's not the biggest guy and he was used sparingly as a rookie last season.

Anilx3

Yeah. I took him as my RB4.

And what is the prospect of Lamar Miller? I remember hearing tons about him over the off season but not a word during pre season.

He's played well in the preseason and should be the clear starter, but for some inexplicable reason Miami wants a timeshare at RB with Daniel Thomas.

WedgeX

Banned
Soooo Brownsgaf, how big of a deal will not having a kicker yet end up being ?

Who needs a kicker? Just have Trent truck go for it on each fourth down and run on for two points every time.

Or just pick up kickalicious before Akers inevitably breaks his hip and the Lions need to sign him again.

effzee

Lamar didn't get a lot of work in the preseason but he got enough to secure the starting RB spot for sure. Daniel Thomas will get some carries but Lamar is the feature back. The big question is whether or not he can handle the workload as he's not the biggest guy and he was used sparingly as a rookie last season.

Yeah I took some risks this time around. Want to hit big on guys most people were avoiding.

And by risk I mean drafted terribly so had no better choice.

squicken

Panthers signed FA S Quinton Mikell. Had interest in him earlier in the offseason.

Boo. The Rams had to cut him b/c of his contract but their safety issues aren't solved. They should have been more aggressive at getting him back at a decent number

So did Brandon Lloyd just totally price/alienate himself out of the league?

Last three stops, everyone has said he was a dick. Not worth the trouble

Bowser

Boo. The Rams had to cut him b/c of his contract but their safety issues aren't solved. They should have been more aggressive at getting him back at a decent number

Got him on a 1 year deal.

And we placed Nakamoron on IR to make the move! Great start to the day.

squicken

Seems that way.

I remember squicken said like two seasons ago that Lloyd makes no attempt to run with the football. Just catch and drop. NFL doesn't have time for receivers who do that.

It's more than that. In Denver, they said he might be bipolar. In STL, he wouldn't talk to his teammates. Literally would show up, work out, go to meetings, and not talk to any other player. Nothing specific from the Patriots other than he was a weirdo

Of course we do, but I think they've all drafted already. You need to come back to the thread a couple of weeks earlier, next year.

e -
The Steelers kept no udrfa's this year. Only released one draft pick, Terry Hawthone, and he was too injured to show anything.

This was the only move I was sore on. Sure he showed nothing but he was injured. Guy has the body.

He's played well in the preseason and should be the clear starter, but for some inexplicable reason Miami wants a timeshare at RB with Daniel Thomas.

I don't think he played all that well...in fact as far as preseason games go neither did much to stand out. (I do expect Miller to get more touches though)

squicken

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9626548/bill-barnwell-bottom-eight-teams-nfl-2013

Barnwell has his bottom 8 teams

STL Rams

At this point, Bradford is basically a ruthless checkdown artist; the Rams are the ones paying millions of dollars to put something they don't really understand or have any use for up on their wall right now, and since they've already done it once, they keep doing it. Bradford routinely doesn't see open receivers downfield or doesn't see them until the window is already closing. Just 6.8 percent of his passes since joining the league have gone for 20 yards or more, which is the lowest rate in the league for passers with 1,000 attempts or more over that time frame. The average rate for those quarterbacks is 9.3 percent, which tells you just how little of an impact Bradford has had. You can be a good quarterback in this league by checking down a lot — Matt Ryan is at only 7.6 percent, and Peyton Manning is barely ahead of him at 8.4 percent — but you need to complete 65 percent of your passes in doing so to repeatedly move the chains. Bradford is at 58 percent. If you want to succeed while completing 58 percent of your passes, you have to be like Cam Newton, who leads the league in this stat by turning 12.2 percent of his pass attempts into 20-plus yard gains. If you're not completing a lot of passes and those passes aren't going very far, you're not pushing your team in the right direction.

Pretty much true

cashman

Banned
It's just that I'm not used to this. I cruised through high school and graduated top of my (small) class, and got my first bachelor's in a totally different field with honors. All that with minimal effort compared to what I do now. So I think I'm just not in the habit of working hard enough. Or I'm actually that dumb and it just never showed before ;-)

EE has made me feel this as well. Shit sucks man :(

First actual practice is over for the Giants! Finally, some real football coming.

Cruz returned and is likely a god for Sunday against the Cowboys. He took about half the offensive snaps, today.

Both JPP and Hynoski also practiced. Though not fully. Coughlin likes JPP's burst but is still concerned about conditioning with him being down most of the offseason. It sounds like he may not make the opener but if he is out it will likely only be for one game.

Hynoski says whether he plays or not is up to the trainers. He's had no setbacks on his MCL injury.

DeMontre Moore returned to practice after being out most of the preseason with a shoulder contusion. He's likely to go.

Adrien Robinson is out with his foot injury and Coughlin says "it may be awhile'. No IR being discussed for him as of yet.

---------------------------------------

In other league news:

New York Jets @nyjets 5m

The Jets have signed QB Brady Quinn and released QB Graham Harrell.

The ongoing Niners/Seahawks saga continues:

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet 24m

Niners traded LB Cam Johnson, to make room for WR Chris Harper RT @Colts: #Colts make trade with #49ers.

Harper was with the Seahawks who signed him to their practice squad. Niners got him from there.

Finally:

Preliminary indications on Atkins cap Number is $7M this year and $9.3M next year

That's Atkins total for the first two years of his new contract extension he signed with the Bengals. 5 years, 55 million.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Lulz fucking dumbass seachickens

In other news, we have traded cam Johnson to the colts. This makes me sad but I doubt he would've seen the field much this year. He looked so good in preseason though!
So you traded a linebacker who looked good in camp and preseason for a WR who looked bad in camp and preseason.

GREAT SUCCESS

So you traded a linebacker who looked good in camp and preseason for a WR who looked bad in camp and preseason.

GREAT SUCCESS

But our coaching staff is highly superior to yours. Harper will flourish on our team when he is given solid coaching instead of being forced into taking PEDs by Cheatin Pete and the rest of your shady staff!

Top Bottom