• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Preseason/Training Camp thread - Doritos Locos

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I guess studying game film instead wouldn't be as useful:

xUIih4c.png

Bowser

I need a chargers avi...but I'm just going to be depressed

also belittle my fantasy team pls 12 team league

QB Peyton Manning
RB Marshawn Lynch
RB Steven Jackson
WR Marques Colston
WR Mike Wallace
TE Brandon Myers
FLEX Vincent Brown
D/ST Bears D/ST
K Matt Bryant

Bench James Jones
Bench Tavon Austin
Bench Matt Schaub
Bench Michael Bush
Bench Mikel Leshoure
Bench Brandon Pettigrew

What pick? WRs seem a little iffy (had 12th pick in the Stragglers' league and Mike Wallace is my WR3). I dunno if James Jones might be better in the flex rather than Vincent Brown; although I do think Brown will lead SD in receiving, Jones gets lots of TDs. I'm assuming you went Lynch/Jackson/Manning first three rounds? I'd drop Leshoure and pick up Joique Bell if he's available, think he's going to be more involved than Leshoure will be (although Leshoure could be the ultimate goal line vulture, so maybe there was some thought behind that pick).

Turnstile

2 nights of flu-like sickness..
But it doesn't seem to be full blown flu. 3 more nights to get better for the drive out to Denver Wednesday morning.. Dodgers/Rockies that night and Ravens/Broncos the next.

Low grade fever dreams were insane. I was flying around Mile High able to shoot lightning bolts. But then, later, I mounted a horse and took on an aircraft carrier.

Fuck Nyquil. I'm whiskeying up and sweatin' this demon out..

(nice to see the cuts make practice squad).

Greg

I guess studying game film instead wouldn't be as useful:

xUIih4c.png
it's Sunday - he needs his rest!

2 nights of flu-like sickness..
But it doesn't seem to be full blown flu. 3 more nights to get better for the drive out to Denver Wednesday morning.. Dodgers/Rockies that night and Ravens/Broncos the next.

Low grade fever dreams were insane. I was flying around Mile High able to shoot lightning bolts. But then, later, I mounted a horse and took on an aircraft carrier.

Fuck Nyquil. I'm whiskeying up and sweatin' this demon out..

(nice to see the cuts make practice squad).
whiskey is probably not the best idea, but I hope you feel better for your trip!

Turnstile

whiskey is probably not the best idea, but I hope you feel better for your trip!

I swear the Nyquil is making things worse.

It'll be be warmed up whiskey, lemon, and honey. Normally do that for chest congestion, but I seem to sleep ok when I do that.

squicken

What pick? WRs seem a little iffy (had 12th pick in the Stragglers' league and Mike Wallace is my WR3). I dunno if James Jones might be better in the flex rather than Vincent Brown; although I do think Brown will lead SD in receiving, Jones gets lots of TDs. I'm assuming you went Lynch/Jackson/Manning first three rounds? I'd drop Leshoure and pick up Joique Bell if he's available, think he's going to be more involved than Leshoure will be (although Leshoure could be the ultimate goal line vulture, so maybe there was some thought behind that pick).

Don't know if you have Pro Football Focus' fantasy football stuff, but Mike Clay took a look at historical TD rates as measured by where a guy catches the ball. For instance, a player catching the ball at the opponent's 1 is more likely to score than a guy catching the ball at the opponent's 30. So using play by play data over the past 5 years, he determined the percentage of receptions that turned in to TDs at any given yard marker.

For instance, passes caught at the 5 yard line turn in to TDs 14.5% of the time. Caught at the 9, 10.7%. So you can look at any WRs catches and determine how many TDs he "should" have scored vs how many he actually scored. James Jones exceeded his expected number by 6 TDs. When looking for guidance with FF, it's not how many TDs a player scored the year before, it's how many he was expected to score. Clay calls the "Opportunity TDs"

It's a good read but requires a subscription

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/06/28/introduction-to-otd/

shut the fuck up erron you can watch varisty blues, any given sunday and any other football movie/show you want, nothing is going to save you from the niners tapping that ass again

eznark

Banned
Richie Incognito is such a punk bitch. Why is the NFL on some big reclamation project for this idiot?

HE IS TOTALLY CHANGED!!!! (please ignore the fights and arrest a month ago, kthx)

I'm still unemployed actually. :(
If you watched game film on Sunday you'd have a job.

eznark

Banned
shut the fuck up erron you can watch varisty blues, any given sunday and any other football movie/show you want, nothing is going to save you from the niners tapping that ass again

Are you watching episodes of My So Called Life so you can remember what it was like the last time the 49ers were winners.

Are you watching episodes of My So Called Life so you can remember what it was like the last time the 49ers were winners.

gotta keep our team hungry. i don't want kap to turn into erron rodgers: win a superbowl and call it a career. erron can no longer win meaningful games but because of the god awful division he plays in he gets a free pass to an ass beating in the divisional round of the playoffs

I was searching Cardinals tattoos and found this. My god. Is there a worse team tat or picture in the history of an nfl fanbase? Fuck this guy.

eduard-sauceda.jpg

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Catching up on Football Outsiders articles, the top 10 worst quarterbacks since 1991:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-ratings/2013/fo-10th-anniversary-worst-quarterbacks

ACVrePU.png

All three tables agree on one thing: Leaf, Gabbert, Russell, and Akili Smith are the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse when it comes to NFL quarterbacking since 1991. If you asked me which horseman is which, I'd say Gabbert's flowing blonde locks make him Ric Flair, Russell and Smith are the Anderson brothers, and Leaf is Television champion Tully Blanchard. And since Bob Bratkowski coached Gabbert and Smith to truly offensive displays, he has to be James J. Dillon.

squicken

Not that I think Gabbert will ever be good, but:

-Del Rio screwed him by playing him before he was ready. Gene Smith screwed him by giving him no surrounding talent and a shaky offensive line

-He's still younger than Cam Newton, Russell Wilson, Kaep, Andrew Luck, or any other young QB

bionic77

gotta keep our team hungry. i don't want kap to turn into erron rodgers: win a superbowl and call it a career. erron can no longer win meaningful games but because of the god awful division he plays in he gets a free pass to an ass beating in the divisional round of the playoffs
That sounds like Peyton 2.0.

Hunter S.

Bioshock infinite is pretty fucking badass.

Was camping missed the draft Chucky as you know. Tony Romo is my QB. lol Just glad I did not get Patriots, Ravens, Chargers or Raiders players.

Top Bottom