• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Preseason/Training Camp thread - Doritos Locos

Why would I be mad that our team is so deep a mid-round pick doesn't get a spot?

because that spot could've been used in an area that you are lacking, such as LB, DL, OL. but your coaching staff is too fucking stupid and lacks vision for the broader picture. you'll see that soon enough (actually you already have, but you yourself are blind to it as well)

Godslay

Banned
because that spot could've been used in an area that you are lacking, such as LB, DL, OL. but your coaching staff is too fucking stupid and lacks vision for the broader picture. you'll see that soon enough (actually you already have, but you yourself are blind to it as well)

Same could have been said for your 53rd roster spot. 4th round picks are starting to enter gambling territory anyways.

What are the odds the guy actually plays? Highly doubt the guy sees the field.

the odds aren't great but this is a no-risk situation for us. if he contributes absolutely anything, it is a win. we got a 4th round pick for nothing. if he shows nothing through the first 6 weeks, then we drop him when manningham is off the pup list.

the niners gave up nothing for him. he is a 4th round pick and a big bodied dude. that is what we are looking for in WR's. we are not a team that is going to put the ball up 40 or 50 times a game because we don't need to do that.

this signing basically means nothing to us except taking a chance on a 4th round pick with some potential. if he doesn't work out oh well. the original point is the seachickens look foolish and i will always support that!

Godslay

Banned
WR was an area that we were lacking as we only kept 5. but keep on keepin' on!

Broncos only kept 5. Fairly standard.

Quite high if there's another injury or two before Manningham comes back.

That's true for any position. Depth chart will shuffle up if two WRs go down.

the odds aren't great but this is a no-risk situation for us. if he contributes absolutely anything, it is a win. we got a 4th round pick for nothing. if he shows nothing through the first 6 weeks, then we drop him when manningham is off the pup list.

the niners gave up nothing for him. he is a 4th round pick and a big bodied dude. that is what we are looking for in WR's. we are not a team that is going to put the ball up 40 or 50 times a game because we don't need to do that.

this signing basically means nothing to us except taking a chance on a 4th round pick with some potential. if he doesn't work out oh well. the original point is the seachickens look foolish and i will always support that!

Well 4th round picks are hit or miss. Obviously want to hit more than miss, but I don't think it's that foolish to cut him. I'd gladly cut a 4th rounder if he's being outplayed by say a UDFA. I would want the best 53 man squad, not the best 53 man squad taking into consideration where they were drafted.

ChanHuk

Banned
SHUT YOUR MOUTH CANADA! NOBODY ASKED YOU SHIT!!

And your new avatar is ugly.

Yeah, but he was still a Ram and unhealthy. Now he's a Patriot, he eats spinach and drinks a lot of milk.

Back the fuck up Worst German, ain't no Euro gonna insult our neighbor to the north. Don't make me remind of you Dwight D. Eisenhower you degenerative piece of sponge.

Broncos only kept 5. Fairly standard.

fairly standard depending on what else is needed on your team. we have been burned the past 2 years by WR injuries so this is a good thing for us. and again: a no lose situation on a player with some potential. yes he had some drops in the pre-season. jerry rice was being called a bust in 1985 from all the drops and inconsistent play early on. am i saying harper will be the next jerry rice? yes

Qb makes the receiver not the other way around (Randy Moss is the one exception to the rule).
You can't have it both ways, man. You claimed Wallace is worthless after the catch which is clearly not the case, and even if it is you just contradicted that opinion with this whole "QB makes the receiver thing." Point is Wallace is at least a little more versatile than all you salty Steelers fans give him credit for.

And regardless, last season wasn't exactly Ben's best (even when he was healthy), and Cam and Super Bowl MVP Flacco are good QB's.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
SHUT YOUR MOUTH CANADA! NOBODY ASKED YOU SHIT!!

And your new avatar is ugly.

Yeah, but he was still a Ram and unhealthy. Now he's a Patriot, he eats spinach and drinks a lot of milk.

Sir I will ask you to refrain from insulting Canada or you'll have to deal with me.

Godslay

Banned
fairly standard depending on what else is needed on your team. we have been burned the past 2 years by WR injuries so this is a good thing for us. and again: a no lose situation on a player with some potential. yes he had some drops in the pre-season. jerry rice was being called a bust in 1985 from all the drops and inconsistent play early on. am i saying harper will be the next jerry rice? yes

:jnc

You win. That was perfect.

Well 4th round picks are hit or miss. Obviously want to hit more than miss, but I don't think it's that foolish to cut him. I'd gladly cut a 4th rounder if he's being outplayed by say a UDFA. I would want the best 53 man squad, not the best 53 man squad taking into consideration where they were drafted.

agreed you have to move on from potential mistakes. my entire point from the beginning was it was a poor job by the chickens to miss on a 4th round pick who never played a regular season snap for them and who they got nothing back for.

best players should make the team but for a rookie coming in i would personally like to give him a chance to show that he can improve and meet that potential. the seahawks obviously agreed somewhat as they tried to stash him on the practice squad. if they felt he had no potential and no chance to get better they would have released him and not looked back. they now know they made a mistake!

Back the fuck up Worst German, ain't no Euro gonna insult our neighbor to the north. Don't make me remind of you Dwight D. Eisenhower you degenerative piece of sponge.

I'm cutting you from the food club, if you make it through waiver, I'll sign you to our practice squad, but that's it.

Tony Gonzalez? Jordy Nelson? Dwayne Boye?

Any of those work for you?

Tony Gonzalez is 75 years old.
Jordy Nelson is white.
Dwayne Bowe doesn't give a fuck about football.

Sir I will ask you to refrain from insulting Canada or you'll have to deal with me.

What if I insult Canada, but leave Toronto alone?

ChanHuk

Banned
I'm cutting you from the food club, if you make it through waiver, I'll sign you to our practice squad, but that's it.

What if I insult Canada, but leave Toronto alone?

Look you sponge, I already told you that I'm dictator of the food club. Adolf ain't got shit on Pol Pot. Adolf went the coward's way out and killed himself while Pol Pot died an old man like a boss.

Godslay

Banned
agreed you have to move on from potential mistakes. my entire point from the beginning was it was a poor job by the chickens to miss on a 4th round pick who never played a regular season snap for them and who they got nothing back for.

best players should make the team but for a rookie coming in i would personally like to give him a chance to show that he can improve and meet that potential. the seahawks obviously agreed somewhat as they tried to stash him on the practice squad. if they felt he had no potential and no chance to get better they would have released him and not looked back. they now know they made a mistake!

Broncos whiffed on a 4th rounder named Phillip Blake. He was drafted in 2011, never played an actual regular snap, and he was just released. He was stashed on the PS a couple of years in a row, but looking back his spot could have been better used elsewhere. Some guys need more development, but even with that sometimes the investment doesn't pay off. Still hit or miss imo.

bionic77

You can't have it both ways, man. You claimed Wallace is worthless after the catch which is clearly not the case, and even if it is you just contradicted that opinion with this whole "QB makes the receiver thing." Point is Wallace is at least a little more versatile than all you salty Steelers fans give him credit for.

And regardless, last season wasn't exactly Ben's best (even when he was healthy), and Cam and Super Bowl MVP Flacco are good QB's.
Ben actually was pretty good last year before the Chiefs hurt him. Wallace was kind of eh in a contact year.

If someone is good we cry when they leave or wish them the best. Not many are missing Wallace.

I don't hate the dolphins and I always want you guys to take down the Pats so I hope I am wrong. But I rarely am about these things!

Top Bottom