• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Preseason/Training Camp thread - Doritos Locos

JCizzle

Lol you didn't 'cut your losses' with Harper, you tried to sneak him on the PS squad because you were stupidly blinded by the preseason success of your other two nobody receivers (can't wait to revisit this in December when they've completely busted), and you got burned. Then, after said burning by a far superior FO, you desperately tried to convince Harper to still stay like that lame loser friend everyone knew growing up who'd let you borrow anything just to be his friend.

Usually easy to convince people to stay with all those PEDs Cheatin Pete offers. Harper sounds like a smart young man to resist that temptation.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I'm in now--not sure what was happening earlier.

jakncoke

Banned
I dunno I just remember its around the 10k area. Even at 6k a week, that's 96k for a full NFL season. More if your team makes the playoffs.

Yeah pretty awesome. Too bad you can only be on a PS for like 2 years. Play an entire 20 year career one! make loot!

Godslay

Banned
Lol you didn't 'cut your losses' with Harper, you tried to sneak him on the PS squad because you were stupidly blinded by the preseason success of your other two nobody receivers (can't wait to revisit this in December when they've completely busted), and you got burned. Then, after said burning by a far superior FO, you desperately tried to convince Harper to still stay like that lame loser friend everyone knew growing up who'd let you borrow anything just to be his friend.

Yeah, Harper was garbage in the preseason. Congratz on the steal!

Chris Harper's 115 snaps in preseason was most for Seattle WRs, caught four balls for 39 yards. -2.0 grade, had two drops in finale vs. OAK.

I know one of those drops was a wide open TD.

AJ Jenkins is a bigger error if you want to measure fuck ups.

rando14

Jesus christ, 49ers gaf talking so much fucking shit and the season hasnt even started yet.

squicken

Evan Silva ‏@evansilva 2m
#Raiders HC Allen says he won't name a Week 1 starting QB for "competitive reasons":

"We’ve got a plan," insisted Allen. "Unless we start out in the Wildcat, we’ll have a quarterback out there the first snap of the game. We’ll just leave it at that." Matt Flynn has recovered from his alleged "elbow soreness," but Terrelle Pryor was the first-team quarterback at Monday's practice. Regardless of Week 1 quarterback anointing, the Raiders are the heavy favorites for Louisville QB Teddy Bridgewater, and it isn't even close.

ChanHuk

Banned
I don't have a problem with TWC internet, their cable programing sucks though. Cox Cable here has IPTV here for $35 a month. I want that.

I'm looking at the Lions schedule and there is a real chance they start 1-5.

If that would assure the firing of Jim Schwartz, I may be for that.

I think 2-3 is more likely (wins against Minnesota and Arizona), but I can see them going into the bye week at 3-5. Secondary is going to still get diced, and Stafford will be staring down Megatron with every other throw.

I just hope that Mayhew and Schwartz go together. His late round drafting has been atrocious.

jakncoke

Banned
Any time TWC is brought up I see so many complaints regarding the internet and cable.

Those fuckers have liberally raised my rates like 9 bucks so far this year. And recently they tried fucking me over on the bill. I can only get them or att here and att offers like 7 Mb max here :/

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Well, if you have a rookie WR who can be on the practice squad, it's not entirely unwise to try to fix him. Either way, he wasn't getting on the 53.

Ah well, this is what happens when you blindly believe in the superiority your own FO despite your own aging roster instead of looking at the evidence for the player concerned. Not to mention talking out of your ass about names on the other team's roster.

Jesus christ, 49ers gaf talking so much fucking shit and the season hasnt even started yet.
Small dogs bark the loudest.

JCizzle

Those fuckers have liberally raised my rates like 9 bucks so far this year. And recently they tried fucking me over on the bill. I can only get them or att here and att offers like 7 Mb max here :/

Local cable monopolies are such shit, I wish they would get rid of the system.

jakncoke

Banned
Local cable monopolies are such shit, I wish they would get rid of the system.

Their excuse was something about being competitive and offering the lowest possible rates. Im like motherfucker. 61 for basic cable and 20 is bs. I cant wait till Google or something push you out the market.

brentech

Cant a company get a monopoly if they get the city to sign some sort of agreement for supplying internet/cable?

i'm not aware of that, but i know some companies have agreements with others to not tread on each others territory. allowing them to push costs up

squicken

Cant a company get a monopoly if they get the city to sign some sort of agreement for supplying internet/cable?

Monopolies were the norm for utilities and telcos almost since their inception. In the past, they had to get approval for rate hikes from city councils or some state governing body. Deregulation changed a lot of that, but most Americans still only have one choice when it comes to cable

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I'm home, stuffed full of salmon and drunk. Work on the ot shall commence. Just don't expect much beyond buttfumble.gif.

Ok, but thats not enough to be our #1!

Dwyer can't block, can't catch, fumbled twice in preseason for no reason and has questionable vision. It's pretty simple, really.

bionic77

I'm home, stuffed full of salmon and drunk. Work on the ot shall commence. Just don't expect much beyond buttfumble.gif.

Dwyer can't block, can't catch, fumbled twice in preseason for no reason and has questionable vision. It's pretty simple, really.
But he is fast in a straight line!

cdyhybrid

That "far superior" FO traded the best QB on the team away and opted for a bum that can only win division games against the Cardinals.

Top Bottom