• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Preseason/Training Camp thread - Doritos Locos

Broncos whiffed on a 4th rounder named Phillip Blake. He was drafted in 2011, never played an actual regular snap, and he was just released. He was stashed on the PS a couple of years in a row, but looking back his spot could have been better used elsewhere. Some guys need more development, but even with that sometimes the investment doesn't pay off. Still hit or miss imo.

you can make the case that every draft pick, no matter the round, is hit or miss

nateeasy

Banned
1239421_10151824672528416_1563831008_n.jpg

Geno just signed a long term contract with the Bengals!!!

5 more years

So I see the Packers are using the backup QB roster spot like I use the kicker spot in fantasy football.

I hope Randall Cobb is ready to take some snaps!

I have no idea why they didn't just keep VY. Maybe they want Wallace as scout team QB for 2 weeks, then they'll bring a real backup back in?

cdyhybrid

because that spot could've been used in an area that you are lacking, such as LB, DL, OL. but your coaching staff is too fucking stupid and lacks vision for the broader picture. you'll see that soon enough (actually you already have, but you yourself are blind to it as well)
We don't have areas that are lacking, brah. Anything after the third round is just taking a shot to see we can uncover a diamond in the rough.

squicken

Bruce Arians Coaching Questionnaire. All coaches fill these out and team PR sends them to the media

http://www.azcentral.com/insiders/kentsomers/2013/09/02/73749/

BEST ADVICE EVER RECEIVED: “Coach ’em hard, hug ’em later.”

PLAYER (FORMER OR CURRENT) WHO’D MAKE A GREAT HEAD COACH: Todd Bowles

GREATEST OVERACHIEVER YOU’VE EVER COACHED: Paul Palmer

BEST PURE ATHLETE YOU’VE COACHED: Ben Roethlisberger

TOUGHEST PLAYER YOU’VE EVER COACHED: Kevin Ross

MOST INSPIRATIONAL PLAYER YOU’VE EVER COACHED: Hines Ward

FUNNIEST PLAYER YOU’VE EVER COACHED, AND WHY: Peyton Manning, because he is the best practical joker while keeping a straight face.

TOUGHEST GAME YOU’VE EVER COMPETED IN, AS A COACH OR PLAYER: Every Pittsburgh vs. Baltimore game

LOUDEST CROWD OF YOUR FOOTBALL CAREER, HOME OR AWAY: Arrowhead Stadium, Kansas City

MOST KNOWLEDGEABLE FOOTBALL WRITER YOU’VE EVER MET: Peter King, Sports Illustrated

MOST OVERRATED ASPECT OF FOOTBALL: Running the ball makes you good

MOST UNDERRATED ASPECT OF FOOTBALL: How hard it is to play quarterback in the NFL

WHO HAS THE HARDEST JOB IN FOOTBALL: QB

MOST MEMORABLE FOOTBALL MOMENT: Seeing the light off in Chuck Pagano’s office on Christmas Eve 2012

MOST EMBARRASING FOOTBALL MOMENT: Throwing an interception and then getting run over trying to make the tackle

ONE THING YOU’D CHANGE ABOUT NFL FOOTBALL: Get full-time officials

ONE THING THAT SHOULD NEVER CHANGE ABOUT NFL FOOTBALL: The rules

IF YOU WEREN’T COACHING, WHAT WOULD YOU BE DOING: Golfing

ANY TRENDS YOU SEE DEVELOPING IN THE NFL IN 2012: Great quarterback play will win a championship.

pretty sure they got rid of mesko because allen is cheaper.

fucking bill

Allen his directional kicking was better than that of Mesko, something the Patriots need more then just the massive leg of Mesko.

Still, Mesko was great, on and off the field, for the team and the community and a proven player, where Allen is still a rookie.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I'm looking at the Lions schedule and there is a real chance they start 1-5.

If that would assure the firing of Jim Schwartz, I may be for that.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
the odds aren't great but this is a no-risk situation for us. if he contributes absolutely anything, it is a win. we got a 4th round pick for nothing. if he shows nothing through the first 6 weeks, then we drop him when manningham is off the pup list.

the niners gave up nothing for him. he is a 4th round pick and a big bodied dude. that is what we are looking for in WR's. we are not a team that is going to put the ball up 40 or 50 times a game because we don't need to do that.

this signing basically means nothing to us except taking a chance on a 4th round pick with some potential. if he doesn't work out oh well. the original point is the seachickens look foolish and i will always support that!
For all your talk of the Seahawks looking foolish, you're putting an absurd amount of stock in the fact he was a 4th rounder.

Smart organizations know when to cut their losses and not put in good money after bad. We also know not to foolishly cling to players like Winfield just because of past performance. So, contrary to what you say, we are indeed looking to the future.

ChanHuk

Banned
lol insult to injury.

What's he bitching about? He got his signing bonus and now he's gonna make $10k a week for being on the PS, that is if he accepts to be on the Raiders PS. He's free to sign to whatever PS.

EDIT: Josh Fatman going to be jealous, going to all you can eat Korean BBQ tonight with my coworkers. It'll cost less than Lunchbox's "fine dining" seafood dish.

Pimpwerx

Does anyone like Eagle fans?

Not sure about on here, but Iggles fans are some of the best at Phins games. I was really surprised with their turnout (there are a lot of Eagles fans here somehow) and they were all pretty nice, and really rowdy for their team. Better than Raiders, Pats and Jets fans, that's for sure. PEACE.

jakncoke

Banned
What's he bitching about? He got his signing bonus and now he's gonna make $10k a week for being on the PS, that is if he accepts to be on the Raiders PS. He's free to sign to whatever PS.

EDIT: Josh Fatman going to be jealous, going to all you can eat Korean BBQ tonight with my coworkers. It'll cost less than Lunchbox's "fine dining" seafood dish.

They raised the PS wages? Thought it was like 6k last year

LevelNth

Banned
For all your talk of the Seahawks looking foolish, you're putting an absurd amount of stock in the fact he was a 4th rounder.

Smart organizations know when to cut their losses and not put in good money after bad. We also know not to foolishly cling to players like Winfield just because of past performance. So, contrary to what you say, we are indeed looking to the future.
Lol you didn't 'cut your losses' with Harper, you tried to sneak him on the PS squad because you were stupidly blinded by the preseason success of your other two nobody receivers (can't wait to revisit this in December when they've completely busted), and you got burned. Then, after said burning by a far superior FO, you desperately tried to convince Harper to still stay like that lame loser friend everyone knew growing up who'd let you borrow anything just to be his friend.

Top Bottom