• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Preseason/Training Camp thread - Doritos Locos

Bowser

lol at suggesting the Bucs should move, that's stupid.
Let the Jags move to LA or something, maybe the gata will follow them.

Winning isn't making a dent at Bucs' gate

nfl_a_raymond_james_b1_576.jpg

Old article, but not even a winning Bucs team draws fans...Josh Fatman and his midnight Taco Bell runs and interceptions galore ain't helping

BigAT

How is it that SNES's subtle alt is called out once and gets banned, but his dumb, blatantly obvious one somehow manages to survive the gauntlet.

MechDX

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexan...t-salutes-swordsmanship-safe-from-punishment/

There was confusion after the morning practice regarding officials cracking down on excessive celebrations. The rule is already on the books, but it’s been loosely called until now.

It turns out that J.J. Watt, Antonio Smith and Arian Foster have no problems with their celebrations. The rule stipulates that as long as the celebration isn’t directed at an opponent, it won’t be subject to punishment.

Watt salutes the military after sacks. He does it facing the fans. Smith does his Ninja routine after sacks, also directed to the fans. And Foster bows to fans in the end zone after scoring touchdowns.

“I’m not taunting anybody,” Watt said. “I’m not looking at anybody, and I’m not disrespecting anybody. I’m legitimately showing a sign of respect and appreciation for our military. That’s who it’s for: the men and women who sacrifice their lives so I can play a game and our country can be free.

“Mine’s probably the most tame sack celebration you could possibly have. It takes five seconds, if that. I salute, and I get back to the huddle.

“They can take the finger wag. That’s fine. The finger wag is fun, but the salute is important to me.”

Smith, who unsheathes a make-believe ninja sword after sacks, said he’s not worried about the rule.

“I’m one of the most cleverest, thinkingest soothsayers ever known to man,” he said. “I’ll find a way. If there’s a path for the water to flow, I will flow.”

No more finger wag. :(
Antonio Smith....Ill miss you ya crazy bastard after this season.

jj-watt-no-no.gif

Dragon

Banned
How is it that SNES's subtle alt is called out once and gets banned, but his dumb, blatantly obvious one somehow manages to survive the gauntlet.

I called it out in a WiiU thread. I don't think the mods who post in here give a shit but he pissed someone off on the gameside most royally.

MechDX

I called it out in a WiiU thread. I don't think the mods who post in here give a shit but he pissed someone off on the gameside most royally.

Some mods have flat out said they give us a lot of leniency here in the fort. But SNES is like a lemming to the ocean: he will venture there sooner or later and fall off the cliff. It is in his nature

I don't post in the NBA thread but why does it get locked almost regularly?

Dragon

Banned
Is this "someone" you?

I'm not a mod? Can't really ban the dude.

From what I understand he went on IRC and talked a bunch of shit in a private message that was then shared to the mods and they permed him. I do feel bad for him for loving a product as shitty and unsuccessful as the WiiU though. Must suck, like rooting for the Pats with Hugh Millen and Scott Zolak.

Kind of sucks about Plax, but he probably wasn't going to contribute a whole lot. Just sad to see a guy shoot himself, go to jail, wind up on the Jets and then fade away.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Some mods have flat out said they give us a lot of leniency here in the fort. But SNES is like a lemming to the ocean: he will venture there sooner or later and fall off the cliff. It is in his nature

I don't post in the NBA thread but why does it get locked almost regularly?

Sports-GAF on a whole gets a lot of leniency because we tend to keep our spats and insular thinking within our threads and don't go outside to shit it up.

Our outright trolling and shitting on of each other is accepted in here and nobody really gets hurt feelings from it.

Apologies for asking, but why do you hate the Bills so much? They're loveable losers...

The Bills are garbage! Living here in Toronto they are treated as our "home team" when it comes to broadcasts. I'm tired of seeing this weak ass team on my regular cable.

stupid cat says stupid shit, more at 11.

You don't want any of this bro. I'll cut you.

MechDX

Sports-GAF on a whole gets a lot of leniency because we tend to keep our spats and insular thinking within our threads and don't go outside to shit it up.

Our outright trolling and shitting on of each other is accepted in here and nobody really gets hurt feelings from it.

The Bills are garbage! Living here in Toronto they are treated as our "home team" when it comes to broadcasts. I'm tired of seeing this weak ass team on my regular cable.

You don't want any of this bro. I'll cut you.

Shut up cat. :)

Zeke

going to make an attempt to start posting again this season I haven't kept up with any off season news/trade/signings. I do know one thing my Cowboys will suck ass yet again!

bionic77

Kind of sucks about Plax, but he probably wasn't going to contribute a whole lot. Just sad to see a guy shoot himself, go to jail, wind up on the Jets and then fade away.
NFL GAF can't agree on much, but I think we can all agree that this was the low point in his career and life.

Colasante

Might be a longshot to make the team but he could end up being a steal.

I thought for sure he'd make the roster, if only because there was no chance of him going unclaimed off waivers. After his very quiet offseason though, I think there's a chance they could get him to the practice squad, which might be the best spot for him at this point. I'm looking forward to seeing Marcus Benard tonight. Hopefully he can step up and become an effective pure pass rusher like Mark Anderson was.

Every now and again though somebody will wander in and get pissy about something trivial.

In other news:

bernard-pollardtom-brady-249x300.jpg

NFL GAF can't agree on much, but I think we can all agree that this was the low point in his career and life.
:jnc

I had the exact same thought when reading SG's post. Shooting yourself and going to jail are warning signs that you need help, but when you end up on the Jets you know you've hit rock bottom.

cdyhybrid

Late, but no one is trading a first rounder for Kirk Fucking Cousins. HoFlynn set the field on fire in his limited starts and he only got a mid-round pick.

Players To Watch In Friday's Game
Posted 6 hours ago
By PhiladelphiaEagles.com

Running back Chris Polk: "They call him (Baby Duce Staley) here in practice. He has slimmed down, and he's much quicker during Training Camp thus far, and I want to see him in pass protection." (Chris McPherson)

Wide receiver Greg Salas: "A guy who has made some plays over the last few days against his former Patriots team. He's a guy who I think has a chance to shine." (Bo Wulf)

Quarterbacks Michael Vick and Nick Foles: "I think the basic thing you want to see is execution and command in the huddle. Will the Eagles run a lot of hurry-up? Maybe not. They want to run basic plays, move the football, get into the red zone, score some touchdowns and don't turn the football over." (Dave Spadaro)

Quarterback Matt Barkley: "He's going to get the most playing time. ... What can the rookie do and can he make a move to insert himself into the conversation for starting quarterback?" (Bo Wulf)

Cornerback Brandon Boykin: "I want to see him tackle. I want to see how he handles the physical nature of the game. He has certainly made some strides." (Chris McPherson)

Defensive tackle Bennie Logan: "Can he be disruptive up front? That's what I'm looking for from these young players - getting into the tempo of a preseason game, not getting overwhelmed by it." (Dave Spadaro)

Safety Earl Wolff: "I've been impressed with what he has done in run support against the Patriots. I'm looking forward to seeing that in live action." (Bo Wulf)

Tight end Zach Ertz: "He's certainly someone that the quarterbacks are going to have their eyes on, and with the injuries to the receivers, you want to see how much more someone like Ertz, this early, will be involved in the offense." (Chris McPherson)

Tackle Lane Johnson: "He has looked very good in this Training Camp period. I expect him to be athletic and to hold the point. He's obviously the blindside protector for Vick when he's out there, and that's a really important role for the first-round draft pick." (Dave Spadaro)

bionic77

Someone explain to me how that thread on Android emulation on DS is ok?

Everyone posting in there seems like a scumbag who just wants to pirate DS games and that is something I thought this forum was against.

Top Bottom