• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Preseason/Training Camp thread - Doritos Locos

Tamanon

Banned
I'm officially sick of hearing about Chip Kelly and his mythical super offense. Starting to get Charlie Weis flashbacks.

Crap I just saw this, rough day at work.

Arigato
1225 State St
Santa Barbara, CA 93101

But remember one thing Dutch. Santa Barbara can be like a fake San Francisco. Since they want to stand out, they mess around and do all this "fusion" cuisine. So make sure you look at pics of the food first. That place is pretty good and traditional for the most part though. And it's also on State Street.

Aweeesoooomeee.

I'll suggest it. Really enjoying Santa Barbera btw. Sure, it's filled with hipsters and hippies, but it's really laid back and great to just walk around here.

I should buy a home here. Eznark, can I borrow some money pls?

Milchjon

Aweeesoooomeee.

I'll suggest it. Really enjoying Santa Barbera btw. Sure, it's filled with hipsters and hippies, but it's really laid back and great to just walk around here.

I should buy a home here. Eznark, can I borrow some money pls?

According to Wiki, it's the most expensive place in the US, with the average house going for $1.13 million. That's a lot of diners.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Hipsters have invaded Santa Barbara? =/ Man its been about 4 years since I've been their but I never noticed hippies ever in Santa Barbara and we would go up to SB all the time as a kid and it was always nice and beautiful.

And I've come to the conclusion recently that hipsters are pretty much modern day hippies.

cdyhybrid

Hipsters have invaded Santa Barbara? =/ Man its been about 4 years since I've been their but I never noticed hippies ever in Santa Barbara and we would go up to SB all the time as a kid and it was always nice and beautiful.

And I've come to the conclusion recently that hipsters are pretty much modern day hippies.

Pretty sure most West Coast colleges have hipsters.

I just spent four hours of work trying to reverse engineer a certain guitar riff, which started with me listening to, and googling lyrics from, two hours of Janet Jackson music. Success. The orignal song was "Ventura Highway" by America. Your welcome.

My path:

My memory of the guitar riff--->listening to janet jackson songs---->frantically straining my drug riddled brain for lyrics, and finally coming up with "Maybe we'll meet at a bar, he'll drive a funky car"--->"Someone to Call My Lover" by Janet Jackson----> "Ventura Highway" by America.

Feels so good to get some real work done today.

Bowser

I just spent four hours of work trying to reverse engineer a certain guitar riff, which started with me listening to, and googling lyrics from, two hours of Janet Jackson music. Success. The orignal song was "Ventura Highway" by America. Your welcome.

My path:

My memory of the guitar riff--->listening to janet jackson songs---->frantically straining my drug riddled brain for lyrics, and finally coming up with "Maybe we'll meet at a bar, he'll drive a funky car"--->"Someone to Call My Lover" by Janet Jackson----> "Ventura Highway" by America.

Feels so good to get some real work done today.

QGLnI.gif

mr2xxx

Banned
A few thoughts on the Redskins vs Titans game.

1. Kirk Cousins is going to garner the Redskins a 1st round draft pick. He picked right where he left off last year, his play was really good.
2. Shanahan showed his "base" offense last night and it's still highly effective.
3. Pat White ran the read/option three times, otherwise he was operating out of the Redskins traditional offense. He played shockingly well and oh hand one really horrific pass. I think the #sexcanon may be gone after camp.
4. The Redskins essentially started 4 rookies in their secondary against the Titans. Rambo, Thomas, Amerson and Minnifield (2012 rookie on IR) and it showed. However, this was purposeful and beneficial. You could see flashes of talent, some flashed more consistently than others. There inexperience mostly showed up during tackling, they took poor angles and must adjust to the speed of the game. Having them on the field all at once led to a few big plays. It's preseason.
5. An area of weakness for the Redskins now looks like a strength. The cornerback position consists of two solid veterans in Hall, Wilson and Biggers. Rookies year players Minnified and Amerson. And second year player Jordan Crawford.
6. Saftey is still very much an area of concern for Washington. Very much so.
7. Fred Davis looked amazing last night, as did Logan Paulsen when he bailed out Pat White with an amazing one-handed catch. Rookie Jordan Reed should play next week and he's supposedly more athletic than Fred Davis.
8. WR Aldrick Robinson has elite speed, even for the NFL. It was nice to see him getting more work in the intermediate routes. You could tell that he's still a work in progress, but it's something. It's preseason. Week 1of preseason at that, I'm curious to see his progression.
9. I advocated for Briscoe last year, he'll be cut. You can tell when a man is defeated and you can tell that he knows he won't make the team.
10. Orakpo... If the front 7 can stay healthy... The Redskins defense will be good this year. That's a big IF. However, Orakpo came right in and got two sacks. Place him in bubble wrap until the season starts. It's no coincidence that Kerrigan gets a sack shortly afterward, they were drafted to compliment each other and do so well.

1. Kirk looked great, we are lucky to have him as a back up.
2. Pat White was the biggest surprise of the game. After all the negative stories I heard of him in camp about his accuracy, I expected nothing but he was on point. He only had one bad pass everything else was perfectly placed. His athleticism is still there and he makes a great read option QB in this offense. You have to keep him at third string because his upside is much better than Rex. Sorry Rex :(
4. Out of the rookie DBs Minnifield and Amerson showed up. I saw both players breaking breaking up passes directed towards the Titans best receiver, Kenny Britt. Rambo got his Welcome to the NFL moment by getting juked by CJ2K in the open field. CJ would do that to the majority of starters. Worse was probably the Greene TD, either Rambo is slow or he took a horrible angle. STill have hope for him, the Titans didn't get anything deep.
5. Secondary looks to be much improved. Crawford looked good, he should make it due to the fact that he can also play ST. Hall and Amerson are a lock, Minnifield if he stays healthy should make it. Biggers will be the slot guy. Odd man out might be Wilson since he took a pay cut and is still hurt.
7. Fred is back and I'm glad to have him. Paulson has great hands. Then we have Reed and Niles Paul. It'll be difficult to keep all the guy, davis and Reed are a lock. Paul is great on ST while Paulson is our best pass blocking TE and he has great hands.
8. Too many drops from our receiving core. Robinson was probably the most disappointing since he has been getting so much hype. All that speed is useless if you can't catch. Hankerson on the other hand was solid, him and Morgan seem like the same type of large dependable possession guy.
9. Briscoe would probably get cut, he never shows up in games.
10. Orakpo is still a beast. Glad to see him fully healed. The defense last year had a hard time mostly because of losing him. It'll be exciting to see what kind of exotic blitzes Haz can create now with him back and the addition of B. Jenkins.

Milchjon

People who worry about the sugar in fresh fruit deserve to be punched in the dick. WTF. I hope this doesn't extend beyond GAF.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
People who worry about the sugar in fresh fruit deserve to be punched in the dick. WTF. I hope this doesn't extend beyond GAF.

Oh boy, thats me. :( Sorry Milch but when I'm working out, trying to get in Stafford-like shape, I avoid all sugars whether is be a soda, snickers or a peach. I turned down a peach today at work because I didn't want the sugar intake. Once a week I'll have a cheat day with a Snickers or Coca Cola but thats it. Its all protein and carbs for me.

Bowser

I don't worry about sugar so much as carbs...Try to limit myself to 30% of my daily calories coming from carbs (which works out to about 120g carbs for me, gotta ration wisely).

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I don't worry about sugar so much as carbs...Try to limit myself to 30% of my daily calories coming from carbs (which works out to about 120g carbs for me, gotta ration wisely).

I think everyones body will obviously react differently. Sugar from sodas or candy can get me to gain bad weight quick, while rice or pasta doesn't do that for me.

It's so hard to avoid sugary drinks here when you go out for dinner. All the chlorine in the water here is disgusting.

I'll eat all the fruit I want though, mmm sugar.

Greg

I don't know why I assumed the Packers game would be on TV/NFLN.

Starting the season off right with a terrible quality stream!

Milchjon

No McCourty, no Dowling, no Dennard.

I wish we could've gotten a better look at the secondary. But oh well, maybe that's what it will look like this season anyway.

TheFatOne

I can't wait to see Dowlling play today. Ohh that's right he's hurt. He has been a giant bust so far.
No McCourty, no Dowling, no Dennard.

I wish we could've gotten a better look at the secondary. But oh well, maybe that's what it will look like this season anyway.

Not really you get to see if the rookies can play. No guarantee Dennard plays this year, and Dowling isn't making the team. This will be a good chance seeing those if these guys from Rutgers can play.

Godslay

Banned
Oh boy, thats me. :( Sorry Milch but when I'm working out, trying to get in Stafford-like shape, I avoid all sugars whether is be a soda, snickers or a peach. I turned down a peach today at work because I didn't want the sugar intake. Once a week I'll have a cheat day with a Snickers or Coca Cola but thats it. Its all protein and carbs for me.

Oh bull! I read about you eating papa John's and drinking natural ice not too long ago!

Spades

The Miami Dolphins will give the entire first-team offense a test drive in tonight's exhibition game against the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Starting receivers Mike Wallace and Brian Hartline, and starting tailback Lamar Miller and fullback Jorvorskie Lane will all be playing in the first quarter of Miami's second exhibition game despite their minor injuries.

No excuses. For a few drives, at least.

Top Bottom