• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 1 |OT| - A new season dawns with champs vs chokes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striker

So can Giants fans acknowledge that Spags had nothing to do with 2007 since everything else he has touched has turned to shit? He's unqualified to be a D3 women's intramural coach
Do you credit the awesome LB's or the elite back four consisting of James Butler, Gibril Wilson, and Aaron Ross?

It was better in '08 without Osi and Strahan on the field.

Chiggs

Gold Member
Ravens are really just fucking terrible. I'm still in shock at just how bad they are. The entire crowd was just stunned by the shittiness on display.

They were awful because they were forced defensively to pick their poison. Their offense is trash, but due to injury.

They were awful because they're awful. Pillow's push from the front 7, bad cornerback play, stupid penalties, none of the fire of previous Rats teams. No Rats squad from 2008-2012 would have let PM throw for 7 TD's on them. Hell, he scored the last one after clearly taking his foot off of their throat.

cajunator

Banned
Preach it , Brother cajun

Too bad we had to be tainted by it too. Our defense did not need any help being awful.
Rob Ryan will probably be shit but I doubt he will be THIS bad.
Spags defense just reacts, slowly, to things. I really cant figure out what he is thinking.

danny-trevathan-drops-the-ball-2.gif

These dumbass players.

MechDX

When can I start bitching about having to wait until 9:30 Central on Monday to watch the Texans play? The only ones in here at midnight will be Texans Age, the Europeans and a drunk Chan.

Godslay

Banned
They were awful because they're awful. Pillow's push from the front 7, bad cornerback play, stupid penalties, none of the fire of previous Rats teams. No Rats squad from 2008-2012 would have let PM throw for 7 TD's on them. Hell, he scored the last one after clearly taking his foot off of their throat.

On the line, Clady negated Suggs, Doom was either routed behind Manning by Orlando or chipped by Julius Thomas. Ngata had some good pressure, but when Vasquez provided help, he was ultimately nullified.

Bad secondary play (especially the safeties) was the weak point, I think we can both agree on that.

squicken

I parlayed the Broncos Money Line (-300) with the Over (49.5)...I only put $25 on it though lol :(

Just for the pick 'em leage, but I saw the line moving and thought maybe all the "smart money" guys were right. But I remembered in the offseason that Ozzie gutted his team to pay Flacco. Not that tonight was Flacco's fault, but BAL just doesn't have the talent to play in that kind of game. They will need to win games like the 2012 Texans did. Beat up on bad teams and keep games vs the top teams as lower scoring affairs

On the line, Clady negated Suggs, Doom was either routed behind Manning by Orlando or chipped by Julius Thomas. Ngata had some good pressure, but when Vasquez provided help, he was ultimately nullified.

Bad secondary play (especially the safeties) was the weak point, I think we can both agree on that.

Ngata was a ghost. So was Suggs considering they were doubling Doom all night. Linebackers were invisible. They were bad bro.

Bowser

Just for the pick 'em leage, but I saw the line moving and thought maybe all the "smart money" guys were right. But I remembered in the offseason that Ozzie gutted his team to pay Flacco. Not that tonight was Flacco's fault, but BAL just doesn't have the talent to play in that kind of game. They will need to win games like the 2012 Texans did. Beat up on bad teams and keep games vs the top teams as lower scoring affairs

I always put $100 into one of these online sites at the start of every season and see if I can turn it into anything. I don't ever deposit more, just ride through the season making small-ish bets here and there. If I end up losing all my money like halfway through the season, then that's it, I'm done. Nice little diversion.

...I'm on the path to becoming a degenerate gambler, aren't I?

squicken

Too bad we had to be tainted by it too. Our defense did not need any help being awful.
Rob Ryan will probably be shit but I doubt he will be THIS bad.
Spags defense just reacts, slowly, to things. I really cant figure out what he is thinking.

There was a game vs BAL where Torrey Smith caught like 3 first quarter bombs for TDs. After the game they asked Spags why he didn't shift to a 2 Deep and he said they had spent the whole week focusing on Ray Rice and weren't really prepared to play the whole game in Cover 2. It was unreal. He was an NFL head coach!

I always put $100 into one of these online sites at the start of every season and see if I can turn it into anything. I don't ever deposit more, just ride through the season making small-ish bets here and there. If I end up losing all my money like halfway through the season, then that's it, I'm done. Nice little diversion.

...I'm on the path to becoming a degenerate gambler, aren't I?

I used to gamble in college. It just got to the point where I'd rather spend my money on other things. The worst thing that can happen is to win big early. You lose it and then start chasing it

Broncs offense will be fine. It's that defense...They're thin without Miller and Doom. At least you get one back in 6 weeks.

That defense was bad for most of the game bar the third quarter, but Del Rio did a good job coming up with schemes as time went on and the LB's started to get into a groove. All they need to do is hold down the fort until Miller comes back.

cajunator

Banned
There was a game vs BAL where Torrey Smith caught like 3 first quarter bombs for TDs. After the game they asked Spags why he didn't shift to a 2 Deep and he said they had spent the whole week focusing on Ray Rice and weren't really prepared to play the whole game in Cover 2. It was unreal. He was an NFL head coach!

I used to gamble in college. It just got to the point where I'd rather spend my money on other things. The worst thing that can happen is to win big early. You lose it and then start chasing it

I really think Spags just got lucky in NY with one of the most dominant pass rushes in a long time. It hid all his deficiencies.He parlayed that into several high profile positions, but has been exposed as a fucking fraud several times. I dont wish that guy on any team.

Bowser

Winning formula is always 60 passes for Flacco and 12 carries for Rice LOL

I deliberately avoided Rice this year in fantasy because I had this feeling that Flacco would pass more thinking he had to live up to that contract...but even I didn't see that coming lol

Godslay

Banned
Ngata was a ghost. So was Suggs considering they were doubling Doom all night. Linebackers were invisible. They were bad bro.

Ghost only happen if someone kills the person.

But if it makes you feel better, I'll give you that. That DL is still a nightmare, the Oline has to play solid to contain them. Good luck in that division.

squicken

Flacco and Peyton combined for 104 pass attempts. Most in a non-overtime regular season game. I bet that gets broke this year. Teams will go up-tempo and throw throw throw. Look how gassed those defenses were at times

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom