• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 1 |OT| - A new season dawns with champs vs chokes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Winning formula is always 60 passes for Flacco and 12 carries for Rice LOL

I will never understand this. Flacco had 30 passes in the first half before the game got out of hand, why do they keep going away from Rice like this? I don't care what Flacco's contract is, Rice is the best offensive player on that team.

Peyton's alright, but he's not as good as Russell Wilson.

Russell-Wilson-350x350.jpg

Ghost only happen if someone kills the person.

But if it makes you feel better, I'll give you that. That DL is still a nightmare, the Oline has to play solid to contain them. Good luck in that division.
You really think they performed well after PM broke a record that stood for over 50 years on them? :jnc
Not worried about Baltimore, even before I watched that trainwreck of a game from them. Bengals are the team to look out for.

Striker

I really think Spags just got lucky in NY with one of the most dominant pass rushes in a long time. It hid all his deficiencies.He parlayed that into several high profile positions, but has been exposed as a fucking fraud several times. I dont wish that guy on any team.
In 2008, the defense was better and it wasn't as deep since it missed Strahan and Osi. Danny Clark and Michael Johnson were starters, and Johnson is a forever-bum. Clark is a mediocre journeyman. He had Reggie Torbor and Kawika Mitchell at OLB for his Super Bowl defense. James Butler was a starter for both squads, and he's also a bum.

To compare the defense since, it's been one season where it wasn't terrible since he's left (2010). They've been completely shit compared to those years, and they've had the same "dominant" pass rushers.

cajunator

Banned
In 2008, the defense was better and it wasn't as deep since it missed Strahan and Osi. Danny Clark and Michael Johnson were starters, and Johnson is a forever-bum. Clark is a mediocre journeyman. He had Reggie Torbor and Kawika Mitchell at OLB for his Super Bowl defense. James Butler was a starter for both squads, and he's also a bum.

To compare the defense since, it's been one season where it wasn't terrible since he's left (2010). They've been completely shit compared to those years, and they've had the same "dominant" pass rushers.

Then he left something in New York, because he isnt the same caliber coach anymore.

squicken

My guess would be that he was backstopped in NY by strong position coaches. He coached the worst defense in NFL history last year in NOLA. He had 10 wins in three years in STL. His players hated him in both places. He is an abject failure as a leader, strategist and tactician outside of NY

Really? 7 Touchdowns? :D

I'm very happy to have gotten pick #1 wrong :D Ravens deserve a damn loss to begin the season.

Also lol at #59 for the Touchdown/Touchback. haha.

Godslay

Banned
Just saw the list in th OP.

Put me under Broncos please. Been a fan since my dad took me to a game at Mile High in 1998.

Be gone demon!

iGgp9DAI077Pq.gif

Added to the salty dog list, but you are still my favorite German.

I meant more like next week some people will show up out of nowhere. You know how it goes.

Lord Tebow takes in the unclean, the wicked, and the poor. We only live to be a reflection of his greatness.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
didn't know a game was coming on earlier, checked to see how Peyton did (for my FF team)

:lololol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom