• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 1 |OT| - A new season dawns with champs vs chokes

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucius

Bout sums it up.

AjqDviW.jpg

Oh man, lol

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
You didn't let me finish! The list is for teams that will be smashed by afc king bee texans. Also includes the patriots!

So you had Pey and Welker in another league.

Hard to gloat having Pey in Rorschach's Ancient Madden league.

Wish I had actually watched the game now.

So you had Pey and Welker in another league.

Hard to gloat having Pey in Rorschach's Ancient Madden league.

Wish I had actually watched the game now.

Yep in my work league. The best part of the night is my opponent had Denver's D and late in the game a Denver lb dropped a walk-in pick 6 before the goal line and the ravens got the ball back with a touchback

Furyous

Let's not forget Young Moses has one more playoff victory as a Bronco than Peyton. I refuse to mention his actual name at all this season unless lightning strike me and he somehow lands a QB gig.

I just want to point that out before the hype train starts.

Once again the Ravens D FUCKING SUCKS. Take away the two first ballot hall of famers and you're not as good. Skip Baseless about to broil Flacco tomorrow.

Jeff-DSA

More like Baltiless, amirite?

I doubt that the Ravens defense gets shredded like that again this year, but it's obvious that they've regressed way too much. Saw some tweets saying that losing Ray Lewis hurt them, but I think that middle routes would have only been more effective with an older, slower Lewis trying to get around out there.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Joe Flacco is like alternate-universe Jake Delhomme where Jon Kasay kicked the ball inside the 5.

Remember, Delhomme holds the record for the longest pass TD in the superbowl.

lets imagine if peypey never got hurt. so he would still be a colt, im assuming tebow would've still been a bronco working on back to back titles, andrew luck would have been in.... i don't know st louis? would they have still traded? where would RGIII have ended up? the possibilities are endless. one little neck issues changed the fortune for countless teams! or just 3 or 4

xnipx

We got blown out by the broncos AND the texans last year. We can bounce back

Is there anything worse than a Baltimore born and raised colts turned broncos Peyton manning fan? I bet him $100 we make the playoffs. Easy money

Godslay

Banned
lets imagine if peypey never got hurt. so he would still be a colt, im assuming tebow would've still been a bronco working on back to back titles, andrew luck would have been in.... i don't know st louis? would they have still traded? where would RGIII have ended up? the possibilities are endless. one little neck issues changed the fortune for countless teams! or just 3 or 4

RG3 would have been a Bronco to let Tim ascend to heaven.

Naked Lunch

That final score is worse than most college scores. The NFL has turned into a total joke. Its impossible to play defense with all the rule changes and fear of fines. Its only going to worse too.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
That final score is worse than most college scores. The NFL has turned into a total joke. Its impossible to play defense with all the rule changes and fear of fines. Its only going to worse too.
Haha, as if this is the first blowout in the history of the NFL.

there was quality defense played in the first half.... and the 2nd half by the broncos. there were good, solid hits on both sides that weren't flagged either.

the game turned into a laugher for a few reasons. first off, the ravens didn't run the ball. this meant short drives for their offense or 3 and outs. this put peypey back on the field and tired out the D. secondly, ravens had god awful tackling most of the night. missed tackle after missed tackle. finally, they took really predictable and bad angles to peypey on the outside and this allowed him to just step up into the pocket and beat the D. no push up the middle meant he did whatever he wanted. i didn't think doom and suggs had a bad game rushing the QB, but ngata had a worthless game in the pass D department.

i don't think the ravens D will look this bad again nor do i think peyton is going to throw 7 TD's again this season

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Its been degrading for several years now. Open your eyes. Air it out all over the field watch the flags fly. Win.
12/9/2012: Seattle Seahawks def. Arizona Cardinals 58-0
10/26/1924: Cleveland Bulldogs def. Rochester Jeffersons 59-0
12/10/1925: Chicago Cardinals def. Milwaukee Badgers 59-0
11/7/1954: Cleveland Browns def. Washington Redskins 62-3
12/4/1976: Los Angeles Rams def. Atlanta Falcons 59-0
10/18/2009: New England Patriots def. Tennessee Titans 59-0
10/15/1922: Rock Island Independents def. Evansville Crimson Giants 60-0
10/7/1923: Chicago Cardinals def. Rochester Jeffersons 60-0
10/29/1922: Akron Pros def. Oorang Indians 62-0
11/6/1934: Philadelphia Eagles def. Cincinnati Reds 64-0
12/8/1940: Chicago Bears def. Washington Redskins 73-0

NFL is fucking doomed.

Did you just give yourself a second place ribbon?

After that game, I'm much more concerned with how bad Flacco looked, rather than our defense. And that's after we gave up 500 yards and 7 TDs to Manning. But it's Peyton, who has always torched us, always been a good prime time QB (regular season only), so it just doesn't hurt as bad. It is the equivalent of Brandon Weedon going for 250 yards and 2 TDs next week. Yeah, it's concerning, but because its him, not as bad as it looks.

Naked Lunch

there was quality defense played in the first half.... and the 2nd half by the broncos. there were good, solid hits on both sides that weren't flagged either.
The score was 49-27. You cant spin this. Expect plenty more of this - expect plenty of records to be broken. Its not coincidence - its the rule changes, its the fines, and people love their high scores - I get it. Fantasy Football and fear of lawsuits run the show now. Defense in the NFL is dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom