• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 1 |OT| - A new season dawns with champs vs chokes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godslay

Banned
@SandoESPN: Last season, the Ravens allowed their 7th TD pass of the season in a Week 10 game against the Raiders. This year, Week 1.

Huff sucks, Raiders guys in here called it.

KingGondo

Banned
@SandoESPN: Last season, the Ravens allowed their 7th TD pass of the season in a Week 10 game against the Raiders. This year, Week 1.

Huff sucks, Raiders guys in here called it.
At the same time, that stout Ravens run D didn't allow a rushing touchdown. Pretty impressive.

Godslay

Banned
Has there ever been a worse performance by a Super Bowl winner?

Has there every been a greater regular season performance by a QB? I put regular so you 9-11 clown shoe posters can stay nestled in the troll hole.

At the same time, that stout Ravens run D didn't allow a rushing touchdown. Pretty impressive.

True. At but only two of the TDs where in a spot where a run would have made sense.

Welker to the left, cutback TD. And Welker to the right wide open TD. Ball had a solid run that was close to a TD.

Still the Ravens D shut down the weakest part of our offense. The run will improve once Montee is a solid pass protector, it's just a matter of time with him. CJ Anderson will also get his shot. I'm hopeful that one of those two guys (or even Knowshon or Hillman) can step it up and take advantage.

cajunator

Banned
This has been a fun week of football so far.
Thursday was the Broncopalypse, last night I watched my little cousins Highschool game, today Im gonna be in a suite watching LSU game, and tomorrow is the first real Sunday of football (although I have to work that night)

This is how you start a season. Football all the time. BEST SPORT.

This has been a fun week of football so far.
Thursday was the Broncopalypse, last night I watched my little cousins Highschool game, today Im gonna be in a suite watching LSU game, and tomorrow is the first real Sunday of football (although I have to work that night)

This is how you start a season. Football all the time. BEST SPORT.

*squee

cajunator

Banned
I was at a game in 2009 when Brees threw 6 but that was the Lions. 6 TDs seems to be more common now though. Lots of QBs are doing it with the new rules.

MechDX

Seahawks are excused.

Texans have Watt, Cushing and Reed. Denver has Miller, who's suspended. Let's not even talk about Green Bay's defense.

Texans have Foster and Tate. Bronco's certainly don't have a running game, and Green Bay doesn't know how the Lacy experiment is going to wind up.

The only thing the Texan's lack is receiving core depth and an elite QB. That's all the other two have, except maybe an O-Line in Denver's case.

Packers are Broncos have Elite QB's and better WR's. Broncos have a great OL, and some good pieces on D. Seahawks have the best D in football, a really good OL, and a great rushing attack, plus Wilson was out of his mind the 2nd half of last year. Not saying the Texans dont have a lot of good players, they obviously do, but I definitely would take the Broncos roster over theirs, and the other 2 I would say are really close if in slightly better. I guess a lot depends on how Schaub plays this year if he is 100% healthy, and how does Foster/Tate do.

This the deepest WR/TE corp I have ever seen in 12 years in Houston. Everyone knows Dre but watch for Hopkins and Posey to have big years. Daniels and Graham are great pass catching tight ends and Ryan Griffin from UConn looked great in pre-season. If Kubiak opens the offense up even a tad it will be impressive.

On defense you need to add in Antonio Smith. He seems to get lost in Watts light but check around the league and he is a top 5 DE in the league. And I still believe that Joseph and Kareem Jackson will be a top 5 CB duo. Everyone seems to for get that Jackson is the only CB who flat out shut down Calvin Johnson last year.

Godslay

Banned
LOL love how your clinging to 7. Brady easily could have dropped 8-10 on the Broncos in playoff game that actually mattered. 6 TD's not even 2 minutes into the 2nd half.

Well that 7 is based in reality, where as you dealing in hypotheticals. Same thing as the rings.

KingGondo

Banned
True. At but only two of the TDs where in a spot where a run would have made sense.

Welker to the left, cutback TD. And Welker to the right wide open TD. Ball had a solid run that was close to a TD.

Still the Ravens D shut down the weakest part of our offense. The run will improve once Montee is a solid pass protector, it's just a matter of time with him. CJ Anderson will also get his shot. I'm hopeful that one of those two guys (or even Knowshon or Hillman) can step it up and take advantage.
Sorry, I guess my sarcasm was too subtle. :)

Godslay

Banned
I will take a playoff record with a win over playoff records that have the most losses at the end of them...

SB wins after Spygate: 0

That's the only stat that matters when it comes to Pats. But yeah, jerk off over all those empty playoff wins you are hoarding.

The more I think about it, all Brady does is win, except in the Superbowl when the cameras are off.

cajunator

Banned
Despite the very shitty season last year, the super bowl was totally worth it. I will probably never see the Saints in another one but I got to see them reach the top in my lifetime and thats all one can really ask for as a fan.

Tom Penny

SB wins after Spygate: 0

That's the only stat that matters when it comes to Pats. But yeah, jerk off over all those empty playoff wins you are hoarding.

The more I think about it, all Brady does is win, except in the Superbowl when the cameras are off.

Here is some food for thought with your salt.

Your awesome clutch QB had 3 TD's and 7 Int's on his only spectacular SB winning run. Other than that he's 5-11 in the playoffs LOL. Most one and dones, most playoff losses etc...you know the story.

Your awesome clutch QB had 3 TD's and 7 Int's on his only spectacular SB winning run. Other than that he's 5-11 in the playoffs LOL. Most one and dones, most playoff losses etc...you know the story.
That bad yet he still has more legit rings than Brady. What does that say about her and the Pats organization?

Godslay

Banned

1 > 0

2 > 0

And for calling me salty? I posted a simple fact about Manning having a great game and you come out of the woodwork with your raging hard on over his losses. You're salty. In fact you are like a batch of jello that someone fucked up by replacing the sugar with salt, cause you are jealous and salty.

Now keep feeding Wes, you salty bitch!

iGgp9DAI077Pq.gif

Can this season be over already? I want nice guy Godslay back.

A single win turned him into a monster!

:jnc

The hate has poisoned my well!

Tom Penny

And for calling me salty? I posted a simple fact about Manning having a great game and you come out of the woodwork with your raging hard on over his losses. You're salty. In fact you are like a batch of jello that someone fucked up by replacing the sugar with salt, cause you are jealous and salty.

Last time I checked you came out of the woodwork when I compared Flacco's inefficient night to Matt Stafford throwing 700+ passes last year and YOU brought up Brady. Don't let them facts cloud your judgment clown shoes.

Syrinx

I really just want the season to start now. I'm starting to make myself anxious thinking of all the things that could go wrong for the Bucs tomorrow against the Jets, and it's just, fuck me, go out and play the fucking game and decide it there.

Despite the very shitty season last year, the super bowl was totally worth it. I will probably never see the Saints in another one but I got to see them reach the top in my lifetime and thats all one can really ask for as a fan.

This is how I feel. The chip totally makes up for all the shitty years of watching a shitty football team. Actually, the 2000s weren't that bad, but the 90s (post dome patrol).........wooooo.

Godslay

Banned
It happened!! You will be downright insufferable by week 16 when your Broncos come to Reliant.

Nah, can't conjure hate towards Kubes.

Last time I checked you came out of the woodwork when I compared Flacco's inefficient night to Matt Stafford throwing 700+ passes last year and YOU brought up Brady. Don't let them fact cloud your judgment clown shoes.

I'm out in the open everyday my friend!

If I post anything that has to do with Manning, the troll version of Commissioner Gordon climbs on top of Troll City Hall, fires off the Manning Hate Signal, meanwhile in the Troll Cave, Boston's greatest hero suits up to defend Brady's corrupt legacy.

But yeah, I'm crawling out of the woodwork.

cajunator

Banned
Even Matt Flynn can throw 6 TDs against the Lions.

Seriously.

This is how I feel. The chip totally makes up for all the shitty years of watching a shitty football team. Actually, the 2000s weren't that bad, but the 90s (post dome patrol).........wooooo.

I know. And I wasnt even following football until 2004 much at all so I was spared most of it. Still had to watch Aaron Brooks cocking up everything.

Tom Penny

If I post anything that has to do with Manning, the troll version of Commissioner Gordon climbs on top of Troll City Hall, fires off the Manning Hate Signal, meanwhile in the Troll Cave, Boston's greatest hero suits up to defend Brady's corrupt legacy.

But yeah, I'm crawling out of the woodwork.

What's this have to do with you lying about how I brought up Manning trying to tarnish his accomplishments when the reality is I brought up Stafford and his shitty numbers in comparison to Flacco getting stats throwing 60 times then came out of the woodwork quoted that post talking about Brady LOL. Dat spin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom