• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 1 |OT| - A new season dawns with champs vs chokes

Status
Not open for further replies.

JABEE

So I've been kind of off and on for the past day or so and there's a reason why.

My mother was diagnosed with Intraductal carcinoma (breast cancer) yesterday. I've spent the majority of the past two days with her just trying to keep her spirits up and helping her prepare for what's to come. Thankfully, it appears that the tumor she noticed and had checked out was discovered early and the prognosis will hopefully be good moving forward (we find out more on Monday after an MRI).

So yeah, it's been both great to spend time with my mom but shitty to have to do it under these circumstances. If you don't notice me around as much over the next few days, you'll know why.

Hope everything works out, FV.

RBH

So I've been kind of off and on for the past day or so and there's a reason why.

My mother was diagnosed with Intraductal carcinoma (breast cancer) yesterday. I've spent the majority of the past two days with her just trying to keep her spirits up and helping her prepare for what's to come. Thankfully, it appears that the tumor she noticed and had checked out was discovered early and the prognosis will hopefully be good moving forward (we find out more on Monday after an MRI).

So yeah, it's been both great to spend time with my mom but shitty to have to do it under these circumstances. If you don't notice me around as much over the next few days, you'll know why.

Hope everything turns out well for you and your mom.

jbug617

Banned

Hope everything goes well.

adrian-o_zpsc8fb7977.gif

So ready

Hunter S.

Flacco makes 20 million. Almost every person that lives over 80 gets prostrate or breast cancer. I know. Footbal. Footballfootball. Football. Woooooooo!!!!

Greg

Sorry to hear that man. At least they can get a jump on it early which is huge.

Best wishes to you and the family.

Syrinx

Sorry to hear about that dude :(. Stay strong for her.

Fantomex

Sucks to hear your going through this. Its great youre their for your mom bro. But also remember that you also need to release a bit ans recharge those batteries by staying busy or distracted as best you can, so you can be there for her as well. Wish you and her the best man, really great you guys at least caught it in the early stages.

damn i am sorry to hear that FV. really tough seeing family members go through stuff like that but hopefully your mom can beat it as they caught it early enough. best of luck brother!

JCizzle

I think a lot of the early games are pretty compelling. Will be at a sports bar to bask in the full glory. Interested to see the Browns/Dolphins, Chiefs, Hawks/Panthers, Bengals, and Falcons/Saints.

cdyhybrid

Good luck to you guys, sorry to hear that. It's very encouraging that they caught it early, though.

Best game will be Fins-Browns. The start of the new Best Rivalry in the League™.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Its AD. You cant really do much about it when he decides to smite someone down.

I know, just I remember that being Brent's first game in Minny. All the hype behind you guys and then by halftime we were actually in the game.

Things felt good, hope was at it's highest...then AD did that and sadness got swallowed immediately.

He has the weapons to do it. Spiller, Chandler (Kills the Pats last year) and Johnson on the outside.

PEople are super down on the Bills but I really like EJ, I wish the Eagles had gotten him. You are so right about him having a ton of weapons around him. Hopefully he develops quick, Bills fans deserve a good team.

I know, just I remember that being Brent's first game in Minny. All the hype behind you guys and then by halftime we were actually in the game.

Things felt good, hope was at it's highest...then AD did that and sadness got swallowed immediately.

Brent Farve. :jnc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom