• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 1 |OT| - A new season dawns with champs vs chokes

Status
Not open for further replies.

brentech

Halftime impressions:

If there is a football God we need him to show his face. Why couldn`t we come out and just kick some ass? =/

And fans need to back off Stafford. Somehow Matthew Stafford got held to a higher standard than Matt Ryan, Aaron Rodgers, Eli etc. Anytime Stafford turns it over, "omg d00med" etc. Turnovers sometimes happen. Stafford is a leader, hashas heart and most importantly talent.

How is he held to a higher standard. You hype him hardcore. We all laugh because we see absolutely no reason for you to. He throws picks like a machine every season. Having 5000 yards means shit all when you throw a pick in the redzone every fucking time.

I like Bell more than Bush, but obviously having both isn't bad.

If the Lions offense can get into the damn end zone we'll win this. Ponder can't beat us with his arm, AP is being controlled outside of a couple runs...

but these fucking penalties...

JABEE

I don't know what you're talking about, Kas. We hold him to the standards of an Elite QB. You and I think Stafford is the best QB in football.

We're running the ball well. Pass protection has been pretty good against a good D-line. Rookies just need to warm up.

I'm far from worried.

It was too be expected that this team would have to go through some serious growing pains. Will need a couple of weeks for this team to warm up.

But the way they allowed the other team to score is just ridiculous. The Ridley fumble and the Sudfeld drop/deflection are so fucking unnecessary. Could be up 17-0, yet we'er up 17-14. Need to get our shit together.

h3ro

And fans need to back off Stafford. Somehow Matthew Stafford got held to a higher standard than Matt Ryan, Aaron Rodgers, Eli etc. Anytime Stafford turns it over, "omg d00med" etc. Turnovers sometimes happen. Stafford is a leader, hashas heart and most importantly talent.
Eli is the best. Stafford is just another fat qb like Freeman and that guy from Kentucky.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
How is he held to a higher standard. You hype him hardcore. We all laugh because we see absolutely no reason for you to. He throws picks like a machine every season. Having 5000 yards means shit all when you throw a pick in the redzone every fucking time.

Matthew Stafford is not responsible for Pettigrew fumbling, or the Suh penalty.

At some point the rest of the team has got give Stafford some help on turnovers like all the other great QBs have. At some point our own fans need to stop piling on top of Stafford because he is already better than any QB we`ve ever had at 25.

Stafford is a great young QB with heart. An INT on a tipped ball isn`t going to change that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom