• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 1 |OT| - A new season dawns with champs vs chokes

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCizzle

vernon thanks God for Boldin. So do i, truly an amazing signing for CK!!!

I'm very frustrated Clay wasnt tossed for his illegal play, but i'll let it slide.

Cloudy

Banned
The scary thing is that Kap's running game was pretty much contained. Problem is the GB defenders were flat-out freezing on handoffs cos they were so scared of the option play

eznark

Banned
^ Not really. Safeties were just clueless.

As every Packers beat reporter expected, this game came down to the backup QB and Mason Crosby. Packers inability to upgrade those positions really cost them.

tumblr_mazahazElL1r2g5kzo1_500.jpg

Hunter S.

The scary thing is that Kap's running game was pretty much contained. Problem is the GB defenders were flat-out freezing on handoffs cos they were so scared of the option play

They were not really calling plays for Kapernick to run. He will not last long in the league if he runs all the time. He chose to pass many times he could have made a long, but shorter running play.

Worried about the secondary this year (nnamdi asomugha and cox look really bad- next man up Brock is worse). Teams are going to pick on them all year. Front 7 will be fine and if Reid continues to play like today, he's a definite upgrade over Dashon Goldson.

Offensively, O-line got stone walled, Kap's bad handoffs and improper clock management are worrying. The latter two are especially concerning as this was a problem last season (handoff issues were noticeably with Kap last year too). SF potentially has a potentially scary receiving core once Crabtree and Manningham come back. But yeah, Boldin is the muthafuckin man today.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Anybody else irritated that FOX had an extra blue bar at the bottom of the screen below the score ticker for absolutely no reason? Made no sense.

squicken

Kaepernick is a wise individual.

I feel bummed I couldn't watch that more than at just commercials. But every time I looked he had wide open WRs. I don't know if it is Harbaugh or the run game but their pass game was pitch and catch at times

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
Wait... Carrie Underwood is doing the intro now? Can we still bet on this game? This has gotta be the football gods taunting Romo, right?

cashman

Banned
Let's gooooo Cowbros

I feel bummed I couldn't watch that more than at just commercials. But every time I looked he had wide open WRs. I don't know if it is Harbaugh or the run game but their pass game was pitch and catch at times

He had trouble hitting guys in stride at times. Could have had a lot bigger day if he just made some better throws.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom