• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 1 |OT| - A new season dawns with champs vs chokes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunchbox

Banned
Kobex we agree that the Pats are a lock for the SB and they Tom Brady won't suffer a season ending injury?

Can you also guarantee that th Steelers won't win another game this season?

cGTD7MR.png

magicians have limits too bro

Draxal

There's a reason I wanted Doug Martin over Wilson. All the dynamic playmaking doesn't mean shit if you can't protect your QB. That doesn't mean Wilson can't get there but Martin was far more ready out of the gate.

Spilled milk and all of that considering he was taken by the Bucs but the early derping by Eli and the running backs killed us tonight.

6 turnovers and we still almost won. Can't blame the defense. Time off possession was ridiculous in the first half and third quarter.

Webster played an amazing game.

The luster on Reese is starting to wane for me. I understand why he wanted Wilson, he wanted a LeSean McCoy clone, because LeSean McCoy was the only player that would just take over games against the Giant's d-line when they were playing well.

However, if he can't pass block he's useless like you said, maybe Coughlin got overconfident in that they could fix that issue, but the fact that we have a fading Snee/Diehl making this much money on this roster and this rb situation, and having Herzlich has one of only 5 linebackers ... has me entirely frustated. Austin being a complete bust also hasn't helped my opinion of him. Too many misses by Ross and him recently.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I had Peyton as my QB and I can STILL lose.

My team sucks this year. :(

I have Peypey in my work league, and I am currently down by 10. But I have Arian Foster and Gates left, other guy has Washington's D. I'm just surprised that I am not leading, thanks to the rest of my team doing dick, with James Jones laying a goose egg.

Striker

However, if he can't pass block he's useless like you said, maybe Coughlin got overconfident in that they could fix that issue, but the fact that we have a fading Snee/Diehl making this much money on this roster and this rb situation, and having Herzlich has one of only 5 linebackers ... has me entirely frustated. Austin being a complete bust also hasn't helped my opinion of him. Too many misses by Ross and him recently.
Forgot about Connor's injury.

May see two cuts, one being Ojomo. They then sign a LB and RB.

Why the bolded? They're not known for pass protection or goaline guys. To me, it's Grant/McGahee/Torain (re-signed)/Jacobs.
They were names mentioned a few weeks ago, if I remember right. Beanie Wells was one but they said he still has knee problems.

Webster played an amazing game.

The luster on Reese is starting to wane for me. I understand why he wanted Wilson, he wanted a LeSean McCoy clone, because LeSean McCoy was the only player that would just take over games against the Giant's d-line when they were playing well.

The thing that pissed me off is in preseason they hardly ever had him in for passblocking. It was so stupid, you need to run plays in realtime so he can learn.

Narag

haha they are definitely ahead of Pittsburgh and CLE. Didn't see the Bears/Bengals game. Seemed like two good teams and CHI was just better today

Ending of that game was shameful. Bengals forced a fourth down and the Bears would have punted and gave Dalton a chance to win

except...

Maualuga committed a personal foul away from the play and so the Bears got a free first and could just kneel their way to the win.

Forgot about Connor's injury.

May see two cuts, one being Ojomo. They then sign a LB and RB.
Considering we had Herzlich on the field and Ross with Prince out, it's amazing we held Dez to almost nothing.

38 minutes TOP almost for Dallas. I'm actually encouraged by what I saw of the defense in the second half more than anything considering how gassed they must have been. The offense (once it wakes up!) can be dangerous if we could ever get protection down (interior offensive line and RB's).

Peyton's going to push our shit in next week, though.:( Or maybe we do the Giants thing and look like a totally diferent fucking team next week.

Draxal

The thing that pissed me off is in preseason they hardly ever had him in for passblocking. It was so stupid, you need to run plays in realtime so he can learn.

I took it as a sign as they didn't want to get Eli killed in the preseason, especially with Baas getting hurt (remember how bad Cordle was)?

It just magnifies how bad a job Reese did in not signing a vet rb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom