• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 1 |OT| - A new season dawns with champs vs chokes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowser

Some interesting tidbits from the Post Dispatch's Jim Thomas:

Jared Cook's 141 yards receiving is a Rams TE record. His two TDs was the first multi touchdown day of his career

Going back to last season, Rams O Line haven't allowed a sack in three games. First time in 30 years

Robert Quinn: 3 Sacks, 3 QB Hits, 3 QB Pressures

Janoris Jenkins: 3 pass breakups. Him vs. Larry Fitzgerald was an interesting battle all day

Alec Ogletree led the team in tackles with 11

Rams looked good - I watched the game winning FG drive while on the plane (Sunday Ticket app actually worked perfectly!) and they were moving the ball with ease and protecting Bradford well. Don't know if Zona D is that bad or what. Shame they play in the NFC West, hard to see them making the playoffs when it seems SF and SEA have two spots locked up.

edit: ugh god I hate posting with this avi

Giants waived DE Adewale Ojomo.

Ojomo wasn't active for Sunday's loss. He'll likely be stashed on the practice squad if he clears waivers.
I think Futurevoid called it? Clears a spot for whatever RB Giants sign. The actually could sign 2.

cdyhybrid

Rams looked good - I watched the game winning FG drive while on the plane (Sunday Ticket app actually worked perfectly!) and they were moving the ball with ease and protecting Bradford well. Don't know if Zona D is that bad or what. Shame they play in the NFC West, hard to see them making the playoffs when it seems SF and SEA have two spots locked up.

edit: ugh god I hate posting with this avi

It looks natural on you. It's just weird when you post with another avatar.

Bowser

JESUS EFFING CHRIST WHAT THAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO YOU? Did you lose a bet?

Avatar bet with Hito. DeAngelo fumbled away my hopes and dreams of a NFL season without a furry avi :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JF8xfq-ao6s

LZ breaking down some poor RT play from Carolina's Bell. Nothing to revelatory but it's kind of funny to see how bad it is

Right side of our line is so horrendous, I can't believe Cam didn't get sacked more than once. We lost our starting RG Garry Williams to a torn ACL/MCL as well. His replacement, Chris Scott, got a -5.6 grade from PFF :|

cdyhybrid

Avatar bet with Hito. DeAngelo fumbled away my hopes and dreams of a NFL season without a furry avi :(

Right side of our line is so horrendous, I can't believe Cam didn't get sacked more than once. We lost our starting RG Garry Williams to a torn ACL/MCL as well. His replacement, Chris Scott, got a -5.6 grade from PFF :|

That's because our top 3 pass rushers are out with injuries or suspensions. Concerning for this upcoming game.

Monday Night Gruden!

what was the general reaction to Browns game last yesterday fellas? was at the game and couldn't really post. Preseason over, and regular season Weeden didn't look very good yesterday. I hope you people see im not critical of Weeden for no reason.

I really liked what I saw from Dontari Poe yesterday. He was mandhandling the Jags interior at times, which is exactly what that defense needs considering Jackson and DeVito can't rush the passer.

That offense though...exactly what I expected and feared. You can't have all day to throw and also have your leading receiver be a fullback with 44 total yards.

squicken

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/09/09/bears...packers-colts-raiders-week-1-keys-to-victory/

Peter King doesn't pay me unless I post a link to his site, so there's one with some film study on key plays from CHI, SF, IND, and SEA games

Monday Night Gruden!

what was the general reaction to Browns game last yesterday fellas? was at the game and couldn't really post. Preseason over, and regular season Weeden didn't look very good yesterday. I hope you people see im not critical of Weeden for no reason.

You were right. I was wrong to doubt you.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://mmqb.si.com/2013/09/09/bears...packers-colts-raiders-week-1-keys-to-victory/

Peter King doesn't pay me unless I post a link to his site, so there's one with some film study on key plays from CHI, SF, IND, and SEA games

That article has some terrible images. Did he just take 10 seconds in Paint to make these?

XeBlZ5N.jpg

Tabris

This is the Fantasy Football thread. Your post is about Fantasy Football. Knowing this, do you think you should post this in this thread or in the FANTASY FOOTBALL thread?

Don't worry if you get it wrong again, we're used to you posting dumb ass shit.

So which defence do you think I should pick up for next week? I was thinking Dallas but I'm not sure as KC did score a lot of points on JAX. Is JAX just that bad, or is KC significantly improved?

I'd cut Weeden at least a little slack until Josh Gordon gets back from suspension. After that, though, no excuses for continued poor play.

I really liked what I saw from Dontari Poe yesterday. He was mandhandling the Jags interior at times, which is exactly what that defense needs considering Jackson and DeVito can't rush the passer.

That offense though...exactly what I expected and feared. You can't have all day to throw and also have your leading receiver be a fullback with 44 total yards.

But they had the lead pretty early on, it's possible that they went for more conservative playcalling, knowing the Jags weren't much of a threat to come back. At least that's what I hope happened.

cdyhybrid

This is some shit-tier trolling from Tabris. Not up to par for this thread. -1/10

Sounds like Cliff Avril might be ready to go this week. Was close for Carolina but not close enough.

Browner and Clemons will practice this week.

Tabris

Yeah that was a bad job, but I do actually need answers to those questions :) That fantasy thread is more about GAF leagues then questions being answered (not enough people looking in the thread).

I the only one that sees a penis?

Same here. I didn't even read the post, just saw the image, and thought a gaffer re-did one of those 3 guy silhouette images.

beast786

This is some shit-tier trolling from Tabris. Not up to par for this thread. -1/10

Sounds like Cliff Avril might be ready to go this week. Was close for Carolina but not close enough.

Browner and Clemons will practice this week.

Enjoy Avril. Also Enjoy him loosing containment againt run every single time so you see him maybe get that one sack every other game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom