• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 1 |OT| - A new season dawns with champs vs chokes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gigglepoo

I was higher on Cyprien and Swearinger coming out, but Reid looked really good last night from my perspective. Seemed very active in both the run and pass game, really quickly reactive and hard hitting.

Hitting hard but clean. He's not like Goldson. Also, it's crazy that they were planning on using Nnamdi Asomugha as their fourth CB. He had a damn good game.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Also, it's crazy that they were planning on using Nnamdi Asomugha as their fourth CB. He had a damn good game.

You could tell he still has issues playing zone, he was much better in man during the game. Still needs to tackle better in general though.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
AJ Green

iFJiXwHVnni4X.gif

He is so awesome.

Gigglepoo

You could tell he still has issues playing zone, he was much better in man during the game. Still needs to tackle better in general though.

Tackling was one of the worst areas for the Niners yesterday. They gave up a couple huge plays because they didn't wrap up. That better be an aberration.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Tackling was one of the worst areas for the Niners yesterday. They gave up a couple huge plays because they didn't wrap up. That better be an aberration.

I believe most of the missed tackles were reserve DBs - Nnamdi, Cox, etc. They'll need to shore that up.

this_guy

Didn't catch Breaking Bad yesterday but all my friends are raving about it. I'll need to catch it after work today. Luckily the Schoob-Rivers matchup everyone has been waiting for doesn't kick off till 9pm.

Pats news!

Mike Reiss said:
WR Danny Amendola (groin), TE Zach Sudfeld (hamstring), TE Rob Gronkowski (thigh/back) & RB Leon Washington (thigh) among those limited.

&

@FieldYates said:
Filed to @ESPNBoston: The Patriots worked out veteran DE Andre Carter today, per a source.

Would like to see what Andre Carter has left in the tank. He did serious damage for us in the one year he played for us.

Tabris

I'm in a 10 man league, and my startling line up is:

QB - Aaron Rodgers
WR - Victor Cruz
WR - Jordie Nelson
WR - Torrie Smith
RB - Ray Rice
RB - Chris Johnson
FLEX - Darren Sproles
TE - Jared Cook
K - Steven Haushikta (sp? seattle kicker)
DEF - I change it every week based on week's matchup (best advice I would ever give for a fantasy league)

I absolutely destroyed this week but my matchup also killed it. I'm at 155pts and he's at 130pts with McCoy still left, so I may lose today if McCoy has a giant game. I hope we see 2012 McCoy with 2 touchdowns then 2011 McCoy with 17 touchdowns.

Didn't catch Breaking Bad yesterday but all my friends are raving about it. I'll need to catch it after work today. Luckily the Schoob-Rivers matchup everyone has been waiting for doesn't kick off till 9pm.

I was so good. I went from being pissed off at the episode to loving it in like a 5 minute stretch. I cant wait to see how they end things.

I'm in a 10 man league, and my startling line up is:

QB - Aaron Rodgers
WR - Victor Cruz
WR - Jordie Nelson
WR - Torrie Smith
RB - Ray Rice
RB - Chris Johnson
FLEX - Darren Sproles
TE - Jared Cook
K - Steven Haushikta (sp? seattle kicker)
DEF - I change it every week based on week's matchup (best advice I would ever give for a fantasy league)

I absolutely destroyed this week but my matchup also killed it. I'm at 155pts and he's at 130pts with McCoy still left, so I may lose today if McCoy has a giant game. I hope we see 2012 McCoy with 2 touchdowns then 2011 McCoy with 17 touchdowns.

You're a bit slow, so let me help you.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=662129

This is the Fantasy Football thread. Your post is about Fantasy Football. Knowing this, do you think you should post this in this thread or in the FANTASY FOOTBALL thread?

Don't worry if you get it wrong again, we're used to you posting dumb ass shit.

This is the Fantasy Football thread. Your post is about Fantasy Football. Knowing this, do you think you should post this in this thread or in the FANTASY FOOTBALL thread?

Damn, it's football related. Not like it's a crime to post that in this thread. Funny how you pick on him yet ignore the 1,472 posts about that since yesterday.

You are in 2 different .5ppr leagues? I have Garcon in the degenerate league, and I am not playing you.

Lol yeah. 14 team espn league. .5 ppr. No divisions though. Just play everyone once. I'm down by 10. He's got Vincent brown playing and I got garçon. Stupid Peyton. He's not normal.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
You skipped an NFL game to play baseball.....baseball! Go drink some bagged milk and listen to some Nickelback you canuck heathen!

We won the tournament you ingrate.

I know winning in a do or die situation is foreign to you as a Texans fan but don't hate on me for it.

JABEE

Dutch. I thought you were nice. Ever since you went to America, you have changed. Even Tabris deserves respect in here.

cajunator

Banned
Sorry to disappoint, my Yankees Hating brother! Gata is my bro and will remain my bro.

*Squees in a semi-angry way*

'09 was a bad season for us.

I was surprised Belichick gave up on that game in the fourth quarter. We had cornerbacks off the street but Brady couldnt do anything except throw picks. It was nuts.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Pats news!

&

Would like to see what Andre Carter has left in the tank. He did serious damage for us in the one year he played for us.
This will be the best chance the Jets have of beating the Pats in Foxboro.

I mean, I still expect them to lose, but at least they have a fighting chance.

MechDX

We won the tournament you ingrate.

I know winning in a do or die situation is foreign to you as a Texans fan but don't hate on me for it.

adsnoldcaaapesi.jpg

You cant even beat the Dolphins! Texans 7-0 against them biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch!

surprised the kitten has claws! Must be all that Avril Lavene teen angst music in Canada eh?

Some interesting tidbits from the Post Dispatch's Jim Thomas:

Jared Cook's 141 yards receiving is a Rams TE record. His two TDs was the first multi touchdown day of his career

Going back to last season, Rams O Line haven't allowed a sack in three games. First time in 30 years

Robert Quinn: 3 Sacks, 3 QB Hits, 3 QB Pressures

Janoris Jenkins: 3 pass breakups. Him vs. Larry Fitzgerald was an interesting battle all day

Alec Ogletree led the team in tackles with 11

Colasante

Andre Carter was awesome in 2011, but after getting cut by the Raiders, I can't imagine he has anything left. I'd be glad if he did though, the pass rush definitely needs a boost. Patriots were one of only three teams that didn't record a sack this weekend.

Its all good. wtf is going on with Eli? He looks like he regressed. Is the Oline having a lot of problems?
As mentioned last night, the interior of the offensive line is a mess right now. Our starting center is out so our left guard has had to shift over to play center because Jim Cordle, our back-up center - sucks. At left guard we have a third year guy that's never started and has primarily played tackle. He literally started playing guard two-three weeks ago. At RG we have Chris Snee who was the mauler on our line for years. Multiple times pro-bowler, etc. Age and numerous injuries have officially caught up with him and he's a shell of his former self. That's not even touching on the RB situation right now.

Out tackles are solid/unproven to great. Beatty is excellent and Pugh is a rookie coming off of his first NFL start where he acquainted himself well at least.

Even with all of that, I can't excuse that shit ball INT that Eli started the game with. He's been in the league too long to say "He never saw the guy". Really? He never saw DEMARCUS fucking WARE? Ok. You could make the argument that Wilson fading back too far on the screen route but fuck that, Eli should have known better. The second one I split between he and the receiver who ran the wrong route. The third was on Scott. Plain and simple. It's a screen. Turn your head around! (he said after the game "I knew what I was supposed to do but I choked")

If you want, I can delay the op until Wednesday, buckethead style.
Bitch, please.

I'm the girl who you complain about taking too long in the bathroom but when I come out you're like dayyyyummmm.

The fact that I use metaphors that refer to me as a girl is probably something I should see my psychiatrist about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom