• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 1 |OT| - A new season dawns with champs vs chokes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have never watched nfl again if we lost the Saints to san antonio. No offense but I couldnt even imagine that. It would be horrible.
Nah I get it. At the time it was more or less nobody knew what the extent of the damage to the city was going to be, and since they were training in San Antonio and playing several home games in the Alamo Dome the transition would have been natural if needed.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
It's one game. Everyone (including the Broncos) will come back down to Earth.

I don't hate the Pats, if anything I feel sorry for them having to resort to the things they did to win. It basically wrecked their franchise, there are no shortcuts to greatness.

I agree with that somewhat, but Rivers has shown things in this game he hasn't shown for years. The vision, the accuracy, the tempo, etc. But obviously I'll wait and see.

as for the 2nd statement, you can tell yourself that all you want, but at the end of the day, they're and always will be considered one of the great franchises thanks to their current run. I love how gaf likes to try to fall back on that as an out card though, it's cute.

squicken

a whole new defense, qb, and coach?

I really can't tell if the defense is badly coached or it is a talent issue, but what Wade is asking his players to do, they cannot do

Joking of course on Watt. He and Dre need to go in to the HoF as life long Texans

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Don't wanna do it: but this is not on schaub tonight. he is getting harassed and has actually played well. The defense has just fucking collapsed

Nice first pass of the game, forget that?

D has sucked for sure, but Schoob isn't a QB that is leading us to the Superbowl... fact.

Godslay

Banned
not really. none of the teams have been very good at the same time. the raiders were good in the early 2000's and everyone else in the division kinda sucked. then the chiefs were good for a couple years and everyone else sucked. then the chargers were good and everyone else sucked. now the broncos are good but we'll see. people won't respect a rivalry (outside of the 2 fanbases) until the games mean something in the grand scheme of the league year

Yeah, it's sucked fairly recently. Those Elway/Montana games were fucking epic though. There used to be a huge rivalry with the Raiders, the first word I learned as a baby was 'Elway', and the second word was 'Fuck', and third and the fourth word were 'The Raiders'. I had good parents.

Alex is still a bitch, fatass Kool-aid man ain't gonna fix it, and no matter how much you pump him up, he still hates dumbass Harbaugh for sending him to the place where SF sends their fallen heros to die.

The NFL is like that hot girl that promises to fuck you but when then things start heating up they remember they have a bf and bolt for the door. We aren't ever getting team no way the city would pay to build a new dome after the bullshit we went thro with the alamodome and NFL wouldn't care if we remolded the dome and put more luxury boxes in it never mind thtax payers front money for a dome
Funny thing is Alamodome has a higher seat capacity than several current NFL stadiums. It meets the threshold, it's more or less the Goodell and his fixation with LA and London.

MechDX

Nice first pass of the game, forget that?

D has sucked for sure, but Schoob isn't a QB that is leading us to the Superbowl... fact.

Ain't denying that but tonight its not him. That first pass was one of those weird plays and the FD gave up the quick td

squicken

Funny thing is Alamodome has a higher seat capacity than several current NFL stadiums. It meets the threshold, it's more or less the Goodell and his fixation with LA and London.

I'm just not sure San Antonio would ever work. If they are in the AFC, then they steal viewers from the Texans b/c of the way the networks show games. Same with the Cowboys if they are in the NFC. I don't think Bob and Jerry are just going to give up a city they "own"

Godslay

Banned
Besides picking up one of the all time great QBs in free agency instead of drafting and developing one yourselves.

Besides Elway.

Perfectly legal option, and it's not a shortcut.

Besides we drafted Cutler, and if he wasn't such a salty bitch we would have had another great one. I guess we'll just have to unleash the Dysert when the time is right.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Ain't denying that but tonight its not him. That first pass was one of those weird plays and the FD gave up the quick td

Whats disturbing me is the lack of protection he's had all night. Seems he's been under pressure all game. Brown has been abused :(

Godslay

Banned
I agree with that somewhat, but Rivers has shown things in this game he hasn't shown for years. The vision, the accuracy, the tempo, etc. But obviously I'll wait and see.

as for the 2nd statement, you can tell yourself that all you want, but at the end of the day, they're and always will be considered one of the great franchises thanks to their current run. I love how gaf likes to try to fall back on that as an out card though, it's cute.

Rivers sucks, it will become apparent as it always does when his line falls apart.

As for your second statement. Lance Armstrong was loved and was considered a great once too. Outside of your echo chamber of Pats fans, everyone considers them cheats. Sorry dude that's just the way it is, that's why I feel sorry for you cause it takes away from any legitimacy they once had.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Never underestimate how truly terrible the Chargers defense is, guys.

Zeke

Its not the seating they want more luxury boxes they don't want old digs they want fancy new stadiums and lots of owners want tax payers to front money and with this shitty economy I can't see that happening here. LA will get their shitty team eventually can't see london getting one if they do I can't see it lasting very long. I don't know where they would put a new dome it would need to be downtown or close to it.

Matrix

lol schoob died.

I'm just not sure San Antonio would ever work. If they are in the AFC, then they steal viewers from the Texans b/c of the way the networks show games. Same with the Cowboys if they are in the NFC. I don't think Bob and Jerry are just going to give up a city they "own"
San Antonio isn't really a Texans city last I remember. Lived in the city for years and rarely ever heard about the Texans -- media or otherwise. Really it's just a mixture of Cowboys, Saints and those random Steeler fans. San Antonio is a weird market, but I do know the city is trying as hard as they can to become a sports hub,, and I for one would love it. Supposedly Jerry gave his blessing on the idea a long time ago, why on earth we needed it in the first place is beyond me.

Its not the seating they want more luxury boxes they don't want old digs they want fancy new stadiums and lots of owners want tax payers to front money and with this shitty economy I can't see that happening here. LA will get their shitty team eventually can't see london getting one if they do I can't see it lasting very long. I don't know where they would put a new dome it would need to be downtown or close to it.
It's been awhile so maybe that is the main problem now. Last I heard it was seating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom