• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 1 |OT| - A new season dawns with champs vs chokes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Am I seriously watching Marcellus Wiley and Max Kellerman showing highlights of the Top 5 hits from college football, and discussing whether a player got ejected or not?

We`re ejecting players for hitting too hard now? Such a different game from when I played in 2006, I hope we dont see this in the NFL.

Edit: Guys are we including total yards to the 1,800 yards or rushing yards?

Godslay

Banned
Am I seriously watching Marcellus Wiley and Max Kellerman showing highlights of the Top 5 hits from college football, and discussing whether a player got ejected or not?

We`re ejecting players for hitting too hard now? Such a different game from when I played in 2006, I hope we dont see this in the NFL.

Edit: Guys are we including total yards to the 1,800 yards or rushing yards?

Good question.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
did a regular pickem/elimination league get made? I saw the spread one but that was it

Godslay

Banned
I wanted free tacos. :( That had me :jncing though.

And if Bush gets 1800 total yards thats still a ton and a hell of an achievement. Im on my phone but I dont think he`s done that since SC.SC.

Ill go with that, unless anyone objects. That background is honolulu blue btw. Programmers make for awesome designers.

Looking at the schedule it's very hard to see the Lions winning more than 6 games. I see us being 3-5 going into the bye week, with wins against Minnesota, Arizona, and Cleveland. After that...Tampa Bay seems like the only gimme win.

Mayhew needs to go, as does this coach. I think we're going to see Stafford rack up a bunch of yards again, many of them after the catch and in garbage time. Another season with low TD passes and poor completion rates due to bad throws.

I think the d line will be good, and actually do well against the run this time. But the LBs suck, and the secondary is going to be diced every game (Delmas won't make it through 6 games). You can't win like that, especially in this division against Rodgers and Cutler.

TRENT TRUCK
TRENT TRUCK
TRENT TRUCK
TRENT TRUCK

tumblr_me0j3gqbl71rr18jao1_500_zps2d881320.gif

How I've missed this GIF.

Boose

First post. Checking in as a Rams fan. Good luck to Arizona this weekend. Hope Palmer doesn't break a hip walking onto the field this sunday.
He Is Old.

First post. Checking in as a Rams fan. Good luck to Arizona this weekend. Hope Palmer doesn't break a hip walking onto the field this sunday.
He Is Old.

My first ever post was in NFL GAF too! Welcome. :D I'm okay with the Tricky Rams.

Stay Tricky.

hokahey

He Is Old.

Fellow Rams fan. Have 7 tickets ready for Sunday. 3 hour tailgate and then we rock that fucking dome. If the Cards thought the Thursday night game last year was tough, they haven't seen anything yet.

Lunchbox

Banned
Saw this earlier while waiting for food:

iLuVzr5.jpg

lolz. don't miss the #1 fan plate in the upper left
he would drive a truck, goes nice with those trashy front running teams

my car only has 1 apple sticker next to the license plate that came with my iphone.

He Is Old.

I think you mean you hope he does break a hip. While incurring a concussion that pushes him over the edge to CTE. And causes a meteor to crash into his family's home.

Fellow Rams fan. Have 7 tickets ready for Sunday. 3 hour tailgate and then we rock that fucking dome. If the Cards thought the Thursday night game last year was tough, they haven't seen anything yet.

Fuck yeah. You two motherfuckers need to stick around and talk more shit. Rams winning some shit this year

Saw this earlier while waiting for food:

iLuVzr5.jpg

lolz. don't miss the #1 fan plate in the upper left

Wait...why is he dissing on Houston? Is there some rivalry between the Steelers and Texans I don't know about?

Edit: Just noticed this is a new thread....I might just head to bed lol

Ill link the new allegiance chart tomorrow.

I'm just joining up on this thread, I've been on GAf for a bit now, Raiders! Tune in each week as I state the positives that will be prefaced
semi-often
by "Despite we lost, there were some positives to take away from that game like..."

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Good to see two more fellow Hawks in the NFL......

Miles Austin on the Cowboys

but now

Chris "always open" Hogan is on the Bills at Wide Receciver

and

Jose Gumbs is on the Washington Redskins at Safety.

They will have an impact just like I predicted Miles would years back. Hope they all stay healthy this year.

carry on fellas.

Nori Chan

Fuck Houston, even though we'll lose to them on MNF

I don't fucking understand why we get a MN game every fucking opener

Bowser

NFC EAST: Redskins

NFC NORTH: Packers WC: Bears

NFC SOUTH: Panthers

NFC WEST: Seahawks WC: 49ers

AFC EAST: Patriots WC: Dolphins

AFC NORTH: Bengals WC: Browns

AFC SOUTH: Texans

AFC WEST: Broncos

Super Bowl: Broncos over Packers

NFC EAST: Redskins

NFC NORTH: Packers WC: Bears

NFC SOUTH: Panthers

NFC WEST: Seahawks WC: 49ers

AFC EAST: Patriots WC: Dolphins

AFC NORTH: Bengals WC: Browns

AFC SOUTH: Texans

AFC WEST: Broncos

Super Bowl: Broncos over Packers

I approve of this post.

Not making my Browns prediction til closer to Sunday.

FOOTBALL IS BACK!

WEEK 1 SCHEDULE
THU, SEP 5

Baltimore at Denver

SUN, SEP 8

Early
New England at Buffalo
Cincinnati at Chicago
Miami at Cleveland - Brandon Weeden's journey to Super Bowl XLVIII begins here!
Atlanta at New Orleans
Tampa Bay at NY Jets
Tennessee at Pittsburgh
Minnesota at Detroit
Oakland at Indianapolis
Seattle at Carolina
Kansas City at Jacksonville

Late
Arizona at St. Louis
Green Bay at San Francisco

Night
NY Giants at Dallas

MON, SEP 9
Philadelphia at Washington
Houston at San Diego

WRjNZ.gif

GO BRONCOS!

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
THU, SEP 5

Baltimore at Denver

SUN, SEP 8

Early
New England at Buffalo
Cincinnati at Chicago
Miami at Cleveland
Atlanta at New Orleans
Tampa Bay at NY Jets
Tennessee at Pittsburgh
Minnesota at Detroit
Oakland at Indianapolis
Seattle at Carolina

Late
Arizona at St. Louis

Night
NY Giants at Dallas

MON, SEP 9
Houston at San Diego

THU, SEP 5

Baltimore at Denver

SUN, SEP 8

Early
New England at Buffalo
Cincinnati at Chicago
Miami at Cleveland
Atlanta at New Orleans
Tampa Bay at NY Jets
Tennessee at Pittsburgh
Minnesota at Detroit
Oakland at Indianapolis
Seattle at Carolina

Late
Arizona at St. Louis

Night
NY Giants at Dallas

MON, SEP 9
Houston at San Diego

squicken

The Lions are the only team in the NFL that could end up in the NFC Championship game or end up with one of the top five picks in the draft, without throwing a season-ending quarterback injury into the equation. They are loaded with high variance players. Stafford is the best pure passer in the league until he inexplicably starts throwing sidearm or off his back foot. Suh is an All Pro sometimes, a dangerous goon others, and an indifferent paycheck player when he gets moody. Bush, you know about. The offensive line and secondary are nothing great, so everything rides on the top talent, and what a ride that has been in the last two years. The Lions looked dominant at times in the preseason but also lapsed into goonery a few times. So it's boom-or-bust, Goofus or Gallant. Unfortunately, a little Goofus can undo a whole lot of Gallant.

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/59374760/

KaYotiX

Banned
Go Pack Go!

They also signed Seneca Wallace as Rodgers backup... Wierd choice but ok I guess I can live with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom