• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 1 |OT| - A new season dawns with champs vs chokes

Status
Not open for further replies.

squicken

You just pick one team to win? I don't get it.

Each week, you pick just one team you think will win. If you are wrong, you are eliminated from the contest. So every week, the survivors of the previous week pick a new team they think will win. Those that choose well move on, and those that don't are eliminated. On and on it goes until one man is left standing

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
R1pZ1Mc.jpg

Not even Otakon is staying in Baltimore, they're moving to DC in 3 years.

Also yeah the offseason cant get here soon enough.

Fuck the Saints.

Fuck the Saints.

Fuck the Saints.

And some picks....

WEEK 1 SCHEDULE
THU, SEP 5

Baltimore at Denver

SUN, SEP 8

Early
New England at Buffalo
Cincinnati at Chicago
Miami at Cleveland
Atlanta at New Orleans
Tampa Bay at NY Jets
Tennessee at Pittsburgh
Minnesota at Detroit
Oakland at Indianapolis
Seattle at Carolina
Kansas City at Jacksonville

Late
Arizona at St. Louis
Green Bay at San Francisco

Night
NY Giants at Dallas

MON, SEP 9
Philadelphia at Washington
Houston at San Diego

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Early
New England at Buffalo
Cincinnati at Chicago
Miami at Cleveland
Atlanta at New Orleans
Tampa Bay at NY Jets
Tennessee at Pittsburgh
Minnesota at Detroit
Oakland at Indianapolis
Seattle at Carolina

Late
Arizona at St. Louis

Night
NY Giants at Dallas

MON, SEP 9
Houston at San Diego

eznark

Banned
Baltimore at Denver

SUN, SEP 8

Early
New England at Buffalo
Cincinnati at Chicago
Miami at Cleveland
Atlanta at New Orleans
Tampa Bay at NY Jets
Tennessee at Pittsburgh
Minnesota at Detroit
Oakland at Indianapolis
Seattle at Carolina

Late
Arizona at St. Louis

Night
NY Giants at Dallas

MON, SEP 9
Houston at San Diego

SonnyBoy

Larry still around?

What are some fun things to do in Baltimore? Going up next month.

I live in Baltimore and don't know wut to tell you... lol

1. Crabs
2. Go to Federal Hill for drinks if you'll be here during the weekend or friday night. Specifically, go to Abbey Burger Bistro for their burgers....
3. The inner harbor and harbor east. Go to Blue Moon cafe if you visit Harbor East. Get the captain crunch french toast.

If you see blinking blue lights on poles, you're in the wrong area. LOL

squicken

So it allows me to watch the channels I already get?

It's like the Netflix app on your Roku/PS3/Wii. You can always stream that off your PC or Smart TV. If I can get ESPN and NFLN through XB1, and it doesn't have to be linked to a cable subscription, then I don't need cable anymore. Those are the only two channels I watch besides the broadcast networks

Listening to NFL Radio this morning, Amani Toomer does a really nice job.
Hes pretty good. Bob Papa knows his shit, surprisingly.

Best show is Moving the Chains with Pat Kirwan and Tim Ryan. They get into football scheme, deeper player analysis and ownership level stuff too. Think its on at 3 or 4. Always great on a Monday after football but I don't like the time slot. Sirius doesnt have it On Demand which is a shame, so you can only listen live. Shitty NFL.

Baltimore at Denver

SUN, SEP 8

Early
New England at Buffalo
Cincinnati at Chicago
Miami at Cleveland
Atlanta at New Orleans
Tampa Bay at NY Jets
Tennessee at Pittsburgh
Minnesota at Detroit
Oakland at Indianapolis
Seattle at Carolina

Late
Arizona at St. Louis

Night
NY Giants at Dallas

MON, SEP 9
Houston at San Diego[/QUOTE]

jmdajr

I live in Baltimore and don't know wut to tell you... lol

1. Crabs
2. Go to Federal Hill for drinks if you'll be here during the weekend or friday night. Specifically, go to Abbey Burger Bistro for their burgers....
3. The inner harbor and harbor east. Go to Blue Moon cafe if you visit Harbor East. Get the captain crunch french toast.

If you see blinking blue lights on poles, you're in the wrong area. LOL

All noted. Thanks!

xnipx

Go to Jimmy's famous seafood or canton dockside for crabs. Get extra seasoning

Blue moon cafe has an hour wait time at all times

Blue lights aren't that dangerous lol

Check out the aquarium and the (Maryland)Baltimore zoo. Best on the east coast

Blacks in wax museum if u wanna see some cool cultural things

Townhouse or Gordon Birsche if ur into beer

I'm the resident Baltimore expert that no one acknowledges its cool tho

NFC EAST: Redskins

NFC NORTH: Packers WC: Vikings

NFC SOUTH: Saints

NFC WEST: Seahawks WC: 49ers

AFC EAST: Patriots WC: Dolphins

AFC NORTH: Bengals WC: Ravens

AFC SOUTH: Colts

AFC WEST: Broncos

Super Bowl: Broncos over Packers

I cant believe that multiple people are picking the Eagles to make the playoffs. It is like you guys have never watched football before. They where 4-12 last year and brought in an all new coaching staff, they are switching to a 3-4 even though they dont have the personal to run it, and they lost their best WR for the year. 6-10 would be a major accomplishment. The only question for the Eagles is do they finish ahead of the Cowboys or not. Gaints will go 10-6 or 9-7 again, if RGIII is healhy Skins go 12-4.

xnipx

I don't understand the publics fascination with the broncos. Peyton is getting older. Miller has been getting high and partying in Miami all summer. Champ is still recovering from what Torrey did to him in January. They will win that pathetic division but they will be 1 and done in the playoffs once again.

Tamanon

Banned
Simmon's NFL Over/Under podcasts are coming out. Cousin Sal sounds completely different than when he's on the phone. It's kinda freaking me out, but it's a good sign that the NFL is back.

The 49ers would have pushed the broncos shit in. And that's IF they got past the pats

I disagree. The 9ers came out super flat in the SB, they made a nice run to get back in the game but I think the Broncos were a much better team then the Ravens last year. It took 2 returns for TD's and a last second miracle for the Ravens to even time the game against the Broncos.

MechDX

NFC EAST: Redskins

NFC NORTH: Packers WC: Vikings

NFC SOUTH: Saints

NFC WEST: Seahawks WC: 49ers

AFC EAST: Patriots WC: Dolphins

AFC NORTH: Bengals WC: Ravens

AFC SOUTH: Colts

AFC WEST: Broncos

Super Bowl: Broncos over Packers

I cant believe that multiple people are picking the Eagles to make the playoffs. It is like you guys have never watched football before. They where 4-12 last year and brought in an all new coaching staff, they are switching to a 3-4 even though they dont have the personal to run it, and they lost their best WR for the year. 6-10 would be a major accomplishment. The only question for the Eagles is do they finish ahead of the Cowboys or not. Gaints will go 10-6 or 9-7 again, if RGIII is healhy Skins go 12-4.

Hey fuck you man! I put the Eagles in the damn playoffs. I hope Barwin buys the team letter jackets

Hey fuck you man! I put the Eagles in the damn playoffs. I hope Barwin buys the team letter jackets

I am sorry squicken has convinced me that the Colts are winning the division. Honestly I think that will be the closest race, I just trust Luck way more then noodle arm Schoob. If you guys started TJ I would pick the Texans. You are also nuts to pick the Eagles for the playoffs, no way do they make it in.

xnipx

I disagree. The 9ers came out super flat in the SB, they made a nice run to get back in the game but I think the Broncos were a much better team then the Ravens last year. It took 2 returns for TD's and a last second miracle for the Ravens to even time the game against the Broncos.

I like how everyone ignores John fox being a pussy and playing for overtime and Peyton throwing that pick to end the game.

MechDX

I am sorry squicken has convinced me that the Colts are winning the division. Honestly I think that will be the closest race, I just trust Luck way more then noodle arm Schoob. If you guys started TJ I would pick the Texans. You are also nuts to pick the Eagles for the playoffs, no way do they make it in.

Colts? What have they done to improve? Nothing..oline is still questionable and the defense will get worse.

Oh you listened to squicken. Well that explains it all

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man

what are you talking about?
The broncos had two punt/kickoff returns for TDs in the Ravens Broncos playoff game. The Ravens didnt have any return TDs

Draxal

Papa was so lifeless when he was on TNF which I never understood. It just seemed like a paycheck job for him. He's an excellent commentator for the Giants on gameday alongside Carl Banks.

Papa does a billion shows(still think he covers boxing as well) he just got overwhelmed.

what are you talking about?
The broncos had two punt/kickoff returns for TDs in the Ravens Broncos playoff game. The Ravens didnt have any return TDs

LOL, you are right. Man getting up at 5am is killing me. I was thinking for Jacoby's return in the SB and thinking he had done that in the playoffs before that. Disregard that post then.

Papa was so lifeless when he was on TNF which I never understood. It just seemed like a paycheck job for him. He's an excellent commentator for the Giants on gameday alongside Carl Banks.

That's why I was surprised at how much he sucked on the TV games. I took him for just a local fan. He's good on the Giants games. And if you you hear him on the SXM NFL Radio show he's good there too, and not just for the Giants. Somehow that doesnt translate to a TV broadcast apparently. So lifeless

Colasante

LeGarrette Blount is currently slated to be the Patriots' kick returner, at least until they resign Leon Washington after week 1. Needless to say, that's not good. The Patriots also have 14 rookies on their roster. That, also, is not good.

Colts? What have they done to improve? Nothing..oline is still questionable and the defense will get worse.

Oh you listened to squicken. Well that explains it all

The Colts' defense has definitely not gotten worse. It was about as atrocious as could be last season, with the occasional turnover in their favor that masked how ineffective they were. LaRon Landry, Josh Chapman, and Bjoern Werner will all be upgrades. Their offensive line has improved, although not considerably. Donald Thomas and Gosder Cherilus are both upgrades as well, although whether they are worth what they are being paid is another question. And, at the end of the day, Andrew Luck is way, way, way, way better than Matt Schaub. I could see it going either way, and actually think the Texans will win the division at this point, but I'm certainly not writing the Colts out.

squicken

I do like the potential of the Texans this year vs last year. They just have to stay healthy, which is the big variable. No way BAL wins the SB if all their old guys don't get back in time for the playoffs.

I just generally expect old players to get hurt, and something still seems wrong with Jonathon Joseph. I still think the Texans will make the playoffs, but it's a QB driven league and the Colts have one of the best

LeGarrette Blount is currently slated to be the Patriots' kick returner, at least until they resign Leon Washington after week 1. Needless to say, that's not good. The Patriots also have 14 rookies on their roster. That, also, is not good.

Low expectations for everybody!

LeGarrette Blount when he is at full speed is unstoppable, that's one fat fuck running at you!

Also, rookies are young. Young people are better than old people.

We don't need skill, we need luck.

Seanspeed

Banned
No way. Blount is a ground'n'pounder, not a free runner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom