• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 1 |OT| - A new season dawns with champs vs chokes

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol Gronk smash.

Is he going to be ready for Sunday? On top of that, can he actually be successful week 1? My fantasy team needs to know.

I'm gonna say no, this week is still too early for him. He just had his first padded practice, and didn't participate at full speed just yet.

Week 3 or 4 would be my guess.

tumblr_lyxh1p9v4I1qehcgpo1_400.gif

I'm gonna say no, this week is still too early for him. He just had his first padded practice, and didn't participate at full speed just yet.

Week 3 or 4 would be my guess.

tumblr_lyxh1p9v4I1qehcgpo1_400.gif

Sounds good. Pats need him healthy soon!

I got lucky and got Gronk late in my FF draft, but have Witten for now, so I'll be good for the time being.

Milchjon

Sounds good. Pats need him healthy soon!

I got lucky and got Gronk late in my FF draft, but have Witten for now, so I'll be good for the time being.

I think the exact date of Gronk's return will depend on how much they need them. So week 4 seems like a good guess. If they can't beat the Bills, Jets and Bucs without him, they have bigger problems anyway.

sonicmj1

Can't wait to watch the Giants get off to a hot start, only to find new ways to collapse in the second half of the season and give me a heart attack in supposedly easy games against the Raiders and Chargers.

Go Big Blue!

Vyroxis

Banned
I wasn't overly impressed by the Vikings in the preseason, but I can see them making a decent run at it again this year. There are 9 games that are easily winnable, and two or three more that are possible.

I'm guessing we will end up going 10-6, and then get whomped in the wildcard again.

Sappy113

Season starting, time to fight my way out of hiatus.

RAMS, baby! Can't wait to see the new O players zipping around the field.

Some one tell the Cards to have the icetub ready for Palmer all through next week. He'll need it.

SonnyBoy

I'm just happy to be here.

Baltimore at Denver

SUN, SEP 8

Early
New England at Buffalo
Cincinnati at Chicago
Miami at Cleveland
Atlanta at New Orleans
Tampa Bay at NY Jets
Tennessee at Pittsburgh
Minnesota at Detroit
Oakland at Indianapolis
Seattle at Carolina
Kansas City at Jacksonville

Late
Arizona at St. Louis
Green Bay at San Francisco

Night
NY Giants at Dallas

MON, SEP 9
Philadelphia at Washington
Houston at San Diego

squicken

Miami - CLE is a pick 'em right now. Would lean towards MIA just b/c of the QB advantage. Can't really trust Weeden yet, despite solid preseason

Miami - CLE is a pick 'em right now. Would lean towards MIA just b/c of the QB advantage. Can't really trust Weeden yet, despite solid preseason

Sometimes you have to pick with your heart and not your head. Browns win, Weeden claims elite status.

DAWHG POUND! BARK! BARK!

squicken

Sometimes you have to pick with your heart and not your head. Browns win, Weeden claims elite status.

DAWHG POUND! BARK! BARK!

But I'm a big Tanny fan. This year the Pats win the title. The last hurrah of Brady and Belichick, and the Dolphins take over the AFCE going forward

bionic77

There are always a ton of upsets in the first 3 weeks because a lot of the teams we thought were going to be good totally fall apart.

One of those crap teams from last year (ie Steelers, Browns, etc) is going to make a jump and surprise a lot of people and knock some dumbasses out of their elimination pool.

It happens every year and yet 95% of fans and analysts are totally unprepared for it.

bionic77

Why you so mad Nori

I guess id be mad too if matt schaub started his 2013 MVP campaign against my team
No offense but if Matt Schaub wins MVP then I am quitting this sport.

Hard enough to see Flacco luck his way to a SB with a historically good performance (and I still strongly feel he is a fraud). But watching a coward like Schoober become the best player in football would be too much, even for me.

squicken

There are always a ton of upsets in the first 3 weeks because a lot of the teams we thought were going to be good totally fall apart.

One of those crap teams from last year (ie Steelers, Browns, etc) is going to make a jump and surprise a lot of people and knock some dumbasses out of their elimination pool.

It happens every year and yet 95% of fans and analysts are totally unprepared for it.

Good reminder. We didn't setup a suicide league

Created one at Yahoo!

squicken

The first couple of weeks are actually when bettors have an advantage on the bookmakers. That said, the NFL has far less parity now than it did in the 80s and 90s. There are more 2-14 and 14-2 teams now than in the past. The playoffs seem to feature more parity, but not the regular season.

As for new entrants to the playoffs, it's usually about half, though I think that number will go down. There were 5 new playoff teams last year. I'd guess 3 this year, with just MIN, BAL, and WAS dropping out

Bowser

Baltimore at Denver

SUN, SEP 8

Early
New England at Buffalo
Cincinnati at Chicago
Miami at Cleveland
Atlanta at New Orleans
Tampa Bay at NY Jets
Tennessee at Pittsburgh
Minnesota at Detroit
Oakland at Indianapolis
Seattle at Carolina
Kansas City at Jacksonville

Late
Arizona at St. Louis
Green Bay at San Francisco

Night
NY Giants at Dallas

MON, SEP 9
Philadelphia at Washington
Houston at San Diego

bionic77

Go to the harbor
Eat crab
Get the fuck out of Baltimore
Best option if you have a car is drive to DC. Most people go to Baltimore to go to the harbor (very overrated) or see a baseball game (most boring sport of all time).

DC on the other hand is awesome. Just avoid driving during rush hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom