• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 11 |OT| - This thread is empty, like the stands in Jacksonville

Status
Not open for further replies.
14hpn68.jpg

Manning Brady XIV: A Rivalry Reborn

Ambient80

Holding the Broncos to 27 is such a weird thing to latch onto and probably best left alone. #1 offense was held to 15 less than it's average but the #1 d gave up 15 more than it's average.

well I suppose I could whine and moan and act like a spoiled fan, but what good would that do? :)

Miguel

I was a young boy that had big plans
Now I'm just another shitty old fan
I don't have fun and I hate everything
The Texans owe me, so fuck you

jakncoke

Banned
The AFC playoff picture is so log jammed and terrible

6: Jest 5-5
7: lolphins 5-5
8: chans 4-6
9: titans 4-6
10: :me 4-6
11: shit 4-6
12: cats 4-6
13: chargers 4-6
14: bills 4-7

What a disaster

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

What a disaster

It's so beautiful! Might be safe to say if any of these teams can get over .500 and stay there they have it guaranteed.

CrankyJay

Banned

What a disaster

Yeah Buffalo!!! I'm not holding up hope, but the second half of their schedule is a little bit more friendly than the first half.

Tamanon

Banned

What a disaster

And I believe the Jags are still in the playoff picture!

What a disaster
Crazy thing is the Dolphins still have to play the Jets twice.

Also, the Dolphins o-line yesterday featured a center that had never played the position in the NFL and an UDFA pulled from the practice squad that had never seen an NFL snap. He also found out he was starting Friday. I guess I have to give the coaching staff a little credit for that, although I still find it strange that third round pick Dallas Thomas is yet to play a snap.

RBH

Review embargoes for Xbox One games are about to be lifted in 10 minutes.

I hope GAF survives through it. :/

bionic77

I'm generally baffled that review threads are a thing.
Most people need to be told what to think.

Daaaaaamn at the ESPN comments. ESPN changed it up so that you have to use your Facebook account to post comments and initially that seemed to calm things down. But now it is all the usual racism, sexism, and Patriotism that we saw in the past. It isn't Youtube level bad yet, but I am amazed at some of the shit people say when it is linked to their facebook account. These people just don't give a fuck.

Vio-Lence

Banned
I think the Bears would be better served starting Josh McCown for the rest of the season. 5 seasons of watching Jay Cutler throw red zone interceptions is enough. Hope Phil Emery doesn't invest any long term money in this bum. Draft somebody and we can live with McCown for a season running the Trestman system with these receivers.

bionic77

Both valid points. I just don't see the point in bickering over scores.
When you argue over shit like video games and movies eventually it is going to go to that level of crap.

At the end of the day you either like something or you don't.

We don't have this problem in sports because we just have to look at the scoreboard.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
This can't be real

oh it was most certainly real. Several offensive line players complained about the fans booing and so did ben tate. And you know what I say? fuck them, why don't you play better and maybe they won't boo? Why don't you talk to your coach and say, hey, uh, yea we can't have this fucking bum coming back, you know the fans are gonna boo. Also, fuck them for whining about the fans booing, they pay good money to come to the games, they've paid good money to sell out every home game since the team came into the league.

Everyone needs to be fired, Kubiak needs to be fired this morning for that shit. Wade needs to be fired because he's defenses are great at making good, average and mediocre QBs perform worse than their normal, but terrible at stopping elite qbs. I also want a new D coordinator so that maybe we can get someone that has a better scheme than the wait-for-JJ-or-Cushing-to-make-a-play-scheme.

Marciano needs to be fired because, he sucks, plain and simple.

The only person I would be moderately ok with them not firing is Rick Smith. But I would really like to fucking know who gets to make the final call of cutting players? Cause Rick Smith has done a good job of bringing in players, for instance, Demps, playing quite well for the Chiefs, former texan. Chris Jones 6th round pick this year, has 5 sacks for the patriots. If its kubiak and wade getting final say of who gets cut and Rick Smith doesn't thats even more damning for the coaching staff. But if Rick Smith gets final cut decision, then fire him too.

Ladies and gentlemen, the dumpster fire houston texans.

Bears are going to win the NFC North. Rodgers' injury is digging the Pack too big of a hole and the Lions are either collapsing or probably on the verge of their annual second-half-of-the-season collapse.

God, we need a fucking secondary.

LevelNth

Banned
After a morning to digest yesterday's loss, I have come to a few conclusions:

1) I love this defense. Sure, it may not be the best in the NFL anymore, but it's definitely Top 5 still, and even with a few major injuries to the line and secondary, and Aldon being a shell of his former self, it is still dominant and I have zero problems with them holding one of the strongest offenses in the league to 23 points in their own racetrack barn.

2) Aforementioned Aldon Smith, not who he used to be. Am I surprised? No, he's probably drunk during the games, but we won't be able to evaluate him for a potential re-sign until after next season now. And that makes me happy, no tying up subpar guys to big deals, franchises depend on that.

3) This offensive scheme needs to be changed yesterday. Whether it's because Roman can't scheme a passing game better than your average PAC12 team, or they're sheltering Kap, the reasoning doesn't matter anymore. Open it up, now. If Roman can't, fire him. If it exposes Kap and he really is as awful as he's playing, then we move on. Our D is good, but it's not good enough to carry us all the way. Open. It. Up.

4) I'm not ready to write off Kap yet. Yesterday was just his 17th start, and while I don't have nearly the same level of confidence he can become anything better than a 7 out of 10 QB, I think he still has the arm talent and physical gifts to warrant further investment.

5) Get. The. Fucking. Play. Calls. In. EARLIER!

Rant over.

effzee

Reviews help somewhat. If there is a game with some sort of consensus of positive reviews you can at least buy it knowing its well put together.

But the actual bickering over the decimal points, conspiracies, and supposed politics behind it all makes no sense.

BTW FIRST PLACE EAGLES BITCHES!

Fantomex

Yo Red, I wanted to share some videogame thoughts with you. Since you and I have somewhat similar taste in good games (Ni No Kuni)

Xenoblade - One of the most overrated games in the history of gamedom. For all the criticisms FF-XIII received, Xenoblade seems to get a free pass. Battle Mechanics, Cheesy Dialogue, Pacing, and waiting 40 hours for the game to get "awesome" and 60 hours for it to get "amazing", this game does all of the same but with a stupid camera and jaggies everywhere. You have to sit through it with cheesy voice acting and original iphone graphics. Uggghh. I guess the Wii was aching for a RPG messiah so bad that anything was gonna do. Kinda like if Greg Jennings came to Dolphins right about now. He's not that good, but he's better than anything else we got.

Arkham Origins - I came into this game thinking, again? But the kid wanted it. This game has the best writing and pacing out of all the Arkham games. Extremely slept on this year. Very underrated.

Pokemon X - Greatest game of all time

Great play by Chuck. He starts here
BZVvogrCUAA4fd7.png:large

Finishes here. Old man still has it.
BZVv_PTCMAAMDxq.png:large

Also McGloin was just fucking with the Texans all day. Here he pumps, resets, and eyes goes from short route (covered) to deep route where CB bit on pump fake.
BZVgaCHCEAABYSN.png:large

Result. Perfect ball placement over back shoulder to Streater.
BZVhThvCAAEVgg4.png:large

Laser to Reece in the slot.
BZVikP4CEAAtMwn.png:large

30 yard bomb to rookie Mychal Rivera on the money.
BZVj1wACYAAOgP-.png:large

I still can't believe the Lions lost to us.

What a bunch of fat frauds.

I tried to tell you. You should have listened to me. I heard Schwartz's comments about going for the fake field goal this morning. My god what a moron he is. I feel bad for the non-kas Lion Fans. I cant see them winning anything with a coach like him around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom