• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 11 |OT| - This thread is empty, like the stands in Jacksonville

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunchbox

Banned

here comes another average team benefiting from a easy schedule about to get exposed by Belichick

its like we face these every week, first the bills and aj manwell, finish off the falcons season before it even starts, gino cant score 15 points on us, then brees and his fraud bunch, then the lolphins, putting the nail on pittsburgs season.......and now this read option system qb is jumping up and down

just learn your lesson already

Hunter S.

Been thinking about the Broncos turnover problem. To start the season, the major contributors to them were Ronnie Hillman and Monte Ball. Broncos staff quickly remedied this by making Knowshawn Moreno the primary running back and it payed off fumbles are down. Still Peyton has fumbled more than ever partially due to an inexperienced Center Manny Ramirez that has done some early sloppy hikes. This seems like it could go down as Ramirez practices and plays more with the team. The final culprit on turnovers is Trindon Holliday on returning the ball. He seems like the least solvable piece of the puzzle. His great return average and touchdown returns make him a lethal weapon, but the constant dropping of punts and kickoffs also make him poison. He seems like the one gamble you have to keep hoping he stops dropping the ball after work and determination.

Finally, to paint a picture of all turnovers the main reason turnovers remained a problem after fumbles were partially shutdown was due to Manning having a lot more interceptions in the latter half of the season played so far. One type of turnover goes up and the other goes down. The increase in Manning's interceptions has also correlated with the Broncos beating teams with less efficiency in the latter half of the season so far. I cannot make a prediction on this but I can say it has definitely made a difference. Ball is in Manning's court most of the time and I believe it can be fixed. Thus far, turnovers really only cost the Broncos one game and that was against the Colts, as they came late at the worst time.

Just read about the Ed Reed signing. I'm ok with it. Our secondary has been subpar this year anyway, and Ed knows Rex's system. If anything, he's another veteran voice for a young secondary, and he'll certainly have some insider knowledge in Baltimore next week. It's low risk, high reward.

The Ed Reed signing is nothing but upside, IMHO. If anyone will be able to get the last bit of what he's got left out of him, it'll be Rex. Besides, he'll be like an additional coach to help train the DBs and safeties; even if he's totally washed up, he'll be invaluable like that. Zero negatives to picking him up on waivers.

Bowser

here comes another average team benefiting from a easy schedule about to get exposed by Belichick

its like we face these every week, first the bills and aj manwell, finish off the falcons season before it even starts, gino cant score 15 points on us, then brees and his fraud bunch, then the lolphins, putting the nail on pittsburgs season.......and now this read option system qb is jumping up and down

just learn your lesson already

X4P3Hok.jpg

Link

The Autumn Wind
The Ed Reed signing is nothing but upside, IMHO. If anyone will be able to get the last bit of what he's got left out of him, it'll be Rex. Besides, he'll be like an additional coach to help train the DBs and safeties; even if he's totally washed up, he'll be invaluable like that. Zero negatives to picking him up on waivers.
They didn't even pick him up on waivers. He cleared those and was signed as a free agent, meaning they're paying next to nothing for him. Why pass that up?

Miguel

Same stink Jacoby had?

The final culprit on turnovers is Trindon Holliday on returning the ball. He seems like the least solvable piece of the puzzle. His great return average and touchdown returns make him a lethal weapon, but the constant dropping of punts and kickoffs also make him poison. He seems like the one gamble you have to keep hoping he stops dropping the ball after work and determination.

Jacoby's deal with the devil ran out.

Lunchbox

Banned

they lost the first game where the D destroyed them and exposed their qb. and wouldve lost the second one too if the ref didnt make a bullshit call that no one ever heard off to give them 15 yards on 4th down to make that field goal

buts its ok we already won our division. and now gronk will shit on that kuckly or kackley whoever you have on the way to scoring 50

Bowser

they lost the first game where the D destroyed them and exposed their qb. and wouldve lost the second one too if the ref didnt make a bullshit call that no one ever heard off to give them 15 yards on 4th down to make that field goal

buts its ok we already won our division. and now gronk will shit on that kuckly or kackley whoever you have on the way to scoring 50

y'all lost to this ginger fuck:

i

Lunchbox

Banned
1. Pre-Riverboat Ron games don't count
2. oh wee mayne
if gronk plays the bengals game we are undefeated

but good thing we planned for the Super Bowl by giving him the rest he needed instead of being regular season burnouts like mannings donkeys

Godslay

Banned
Been thinking about the Broncos turnover problem. To start the season, the major contributors to them were Ronnie Hillman and Monte Ball. Broncos staff quickly remedied this by making Knowshawn Moreno the primary running back and it payed off fumbles are down. Still Peyton has fumbled more than ever partially due to an inexperienced Center Manny Ramirez that has done some early sloppy hikes. This seems like it could go down as Ramirez practices and plays more with the team. The final culprit on turnovers is Trindon Holliday on returning the ball. He seems like the least solvable piece of the puzzle. His great return average and touchdown returns make him a lethal weapon, but the constant dropping of punts and kickoffs also make him poison. He seems like the one gamble you have to keep hoping he stops dropping the ball after work and determination.

Finally, to paint a picture of all turnovers the main reason turnovers remained a problem after fumbles were partially shutdown was due to Manning having a lot more interceptions in the latter half of the season played so far. One type of turnover goes up and the other goes down. The increase in Manning's interceptions has also correlated with the Broncos beating teams with less efficiency in the latter half of the season so far. I cannot make a prediction on this but I can say it has definitely made a difference. Ball is in Manning's court most of the time and I believe it can be fixed. Thus far, turnovers really only cost the Broncos one game and that was against the Colts, as they came late at the worst time.

Good post, I agree with you. One thing that is overlooked is that a couple of those Manning fumbles have come from Chris Clark being beat, or releasing his man who then goes to strip sack Manning on a scramble. Clark is doing a good job altogether, but he'll have to be even better. They have to keep him clean.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
wow travis johnson just came on the radio and essentially implied that Reed dogged it on the Texans cause he disagreed with the way the defense was being run, thinks Reed will get a interception this weekend for the Jets.

Didn't we get free games on the 360? Halo 3 or some shit.
Games with Gold which started at E3 and was for a limited time though they ended up extending it. It also featured 3-5 year old games and is hardly comparable to what PSN+ offers.

My hope is that Microsoft downright copies PSN+ completely (or improves it if that's possible). It would certainly add value to XBL which is sorely needed.

Hunter S.

Good post, I agree with you. One thing that is overlooked is that a couple of those Manning fumbles have come from Chris Clark being beat, or releasing his man who then goes to strip sack Manning on a scramble. Clark is doing a good job altogether, but he'll have to be even better. They have to keep him clean.

Haha, well at least anyone who reads and especially myself knows what the fuck the problem is personnel wise. Much better than just saying the Broncos have turnover problems. As it clearly comes mostly from about five individuals. Granted, D. Thomas has one fumble, Decker has 2, and Tevathan has that embarrasing one, but I attribute those mostly to chance. The type of fumbles that just happen sometimes no matter what.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom