• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 11 |OT| - This thread is empty, like the stands in Jacksonville

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg

I missed part of football weekend and Monday - Wednesday in this thread because of my new son (7lbs 9oz) coming a week early.

I am sure the snark about the Hopkins "hacking" and Coach Reed cut were glorious. Sad I missed it. Texans are fun to follow this year, the dullest moments are win they are actually playing.
congrats!

when girls see this page in class they grab my phone and say oh you got birds in space? what's that? I didn't even know temple run 2 was out!
:jnc

The due date is actually today, haha. If I had to guess I'd say another week or so but I'm on high alert!
NFL-GAF will keep you sane!

The due date is actually today, haha. If I had to guess I'd say another week or so but I'm on high alert! Things going pretty well with your new addition to the family?

Yes, please PM me your address. That is a great idea.

With the new baby you don't have time to play anyway.

Also holy fucking shit, I just played that epileptic attack you call a game for like 10 minutes. 308 means you played one level for 308 seconds?

Fantomex

Feels bad man.

Don't feel bad Kave, at least you're hip hop is being represented correctly.
drake-day-care.jpeg

The due date is actually today, haha. If I had to guess I'd say another week or so but I'm on high alert! Things going pretty well with your new addition to the family?
We are good man. She sleeps well through the night, smiles a lot and is really chill. But just when we had it all under control she begins teething...WHY!!!!!!

MRSA

Banned
Is there a PSN list?

Also Raider great Todd Christensen died today from liver failure. RIP Todd, one of the first TEs to catch 90 catches in a season.

With the new baby you don't have time to play anyway.

Also holy fucking shit, I just played that epileptic attack you call a game for like 10 minutes. 308 means you played one level for 308 seconds?
Mmhmm. Don't worry dude, you got this. You just have to do like me and get addicted to the game for about a year straight. By then I might even have money for your PS4!

ShaneB

The Rob Ford circus is incredible to watch. I'm sick of hearing about it, but man it's fun to watch and see what other nonsense he spews out.

edit: Congrats as well The_Darkest_Red! I want to be a Dad someday :(

We are good man. She sleeps well through the night, smiles a lot and is really chill. But just when we had it all under control she begins teething...WHY!!!!!!
Haha, I can't wait to join the fun! That's cool that she's pretty laid back though, some babies just seem to have the worst time sleeping. Glad it's going pretty well for you guys!

Lunchbox

Banned
You can't expect teenagers to be able to handle more powerful Android devices. They are dealing with lower voices, new hair and if his posting history is any indication in a few years Lunchboxes balls will drop too. That's a lot to deal with. A simplified, dumbed down, idiot proof experience is exactly what these pre-pubescent/transitioning kids need.

When Lunchbox becomes a man in a few years and his dad buys him a condo maybe then he'll have time for more powerful devices.

58181.png
58179.png

RjXis01t6.gif

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=680157

midwestern farmboys and their blind hate towards apple. whats the point of hating superior products? i cant afford a private jet yet doesnt mean i have to go around hating boeing.

cheap androids have their target markets, just like matt flynn has teams to sign for. but dont expect others with better taste and better QBs to compromise

KaYotiX

Banned
If there's one thing worse than console wars, it's phone wars.

Agree....I like apple I just wanted something new after 6 years of the same design :) Love my S4 so far. Glad I can customize the hell out of it without jailbreaking too.

Also cancelled my PS4 order so enjoy the launch guys, XBone only for me until Infamous and MLB are out :)

also nice to see you back Jak!!! :)

and who the hell is starting this week? Flynn or Tolzien? Havent heard anything yet (working too much to pay attention)

eznark

Banned
The newest phone has best specs! Shocking news!

I can't even imagine how insufferable he will be in ten years when he is in his mid twenties

Fantomex

Haha, I can't wait to join the fun! That's cool that she's pretty laid back though, some babies just seem to have the worst time sleeping. Glad it's going pretty well for you guys!

Thanks man. This is my third, my wife's first. I would strongly recommend this book if this is your first Amazon Link or even your second. Your wife has most likely heard about it already. Helped immensely especially for sleeping patterns, breathing, nurturing, nursing etc. Hope it all goes well for you guys, and it's an easy transition. Man, now I feel I gotta say something manly.

PATS SUCK!

LevelNth

Banned
The newest phone has best specs! Shocking news!

I can't even imagine how insufferable he will be in ten years when he is in his mid twenties
But that would mean that neither Android nor iPhone phones are the most powerful, just whichever is the newest at one point in time.

So how does one then pick a less powerful phone, and not just an older one?

Greg

smart phones are shit

tried to have a relaxing poker night last weekend and all the assholes kept checking their phones every 12 seconds

I pick the phone that does what I want. I don't give a fuck how fast it is as long as it's fast enough to do the things I want.

What I wanted was a phablet, since my daughter completely took over my iPad, so I got the Note 2. If and when Apple starts making bigger phones i'll look into them.

ShaneB

Where we doing the "LOLs" and "TAINTs" tonight? Steam? Twitter. We could always sully ourselves and use a #nflgaf hashtag

Start up a chatroom and we'll hang out in there!

The NFL Around the League podcast (outside of actual football), might be my football related highlight of the week, 3 episodes a week, and it's hilarious!

smart phones are shit

tried to have a relaxing poker night last weekend and all the assholes kept checking their phones every 12 seconds

Agreed Sir, AGREED!

Where we doing the "LOLs" and "TAINTs" tonight? Steam? Twitter. We could always sully ourselves and use a #nflgaf hashtag

This sounds like fun. Get #TAINT trending world wide.

smart phones are shit

This is a problem though, I think the main problem nowada...

Oh hold on, I got a text.

How are peoples making money in Maine?

Lobster fishing. Doesn't Sanjuro live in Maine?

bionic77

you're right, I can't argue with that logic. 3ds is the clear choice

only problem is I can't be seen with a video game handheld in public cause I'm not 9

#ItsCalledAniPhone
Playing a iPhone or XBone is lame as fuck too. Outside of being a dickless teen it is seen as being lame to everyone.

You should know being a rich dude. People in that level of society look down upon that stuff as something to keep the poors and kids occupied.

Playing a iPhone or XBone is lame as fuck too. Outside of being a dickless teen it is seen as being lame to everyone.

You should know being a rich dude. People in that level of society look down upon that stuff as something to keep the poors and kids occupied.

I only play chess on my phone.

Cause I'm rich and edducatated

squicken

Start up a chatroom and we'll hang out in there!

The NFL Around the League podcast (outside of actual football), might be my football related highlight of the week, 3 episodes a week, and it's hilarious!

They usually blindly follow the same old crap, but are better than most. I like that they are pointing out that Luck isn't playing well right now. Few people are seeing that b/c of the comebacks/ No doubt due to Wayne being gone, bad protection and no run game, but for the first time, he is jittery in the pocket

That strip sack by Quinn: Fleener chipped him and then Costanzo was there one v 1 to protect a 7 step drop. If a QB can't trust his blindside protection when there is a chip, and he gets hit as he plants to throw on rhythm, he is gonna get shook. That play messed him up. It was a weak chip by Fleener (big surprise) and Costanzo set too soft so Quinn could build up speed before he had to deal with the LT

cashman

Banned
The ps4 launch stuff is kinda making me nervous. At least Battlefield will be a good game. Who knows, I might even just sell it.

ShaneB

They usually blindly follow the same old crap, but are better than most. I like that they are pointing out that Luck isn't playing well right now. Few people are seeing that b/c of the comebacks/ No doubt due to Wayne being gone, bad protection and no run game, but for the first time, he is jittery in the pocket

That strip sack by Quinn: Fleener chipped him and then Costanzo was there one v 1 to protect a 7 step drop. If a QB can't trust his blindside protection when there is a chip, and he gets hit as he plants to throw on rhythm, he is gonna get shook. That play messed him up. It was a weak chip by Fleener (big surprise) and Costanzo set too soft so Quinn could build up speed before he had to deal with the LT

Yeah, I'm listening to that bit now in their AFC playoff picture discussion.

Greg

This is a problem though, I think the main problem nowada...

Oh hold on, I got a text.
:jnc

I understand taking calls or checking a text, but I don't continue conversations or start new ones on my phone while I'm out with other people. I really don't get it.

smart phones are shit

Precisely. I can't even go out to lunch with coworkers or friends without them spending 50% of the meal checking Facebook, texting the entire world, or squeezing in Words with Friends. Dude, you invited me to lunch! Even my parents spend a chunk of their visits glued to their phones.

I first thought that people wanted to seem important by always being on their phones. Turns out these prospective CEOs are playing Angry Birds. The truth is folks are addicted to them. The entire experience (notifications, specifically) is designed to provide constant positive reinforcement and information updates. I know a few people who feel "blind" heading out without their phones.

In conclusion: I'm a dinosaur and I hate smart phones. My wife and I refuse to get them. Phones are for making calls.

Fox318

I find that most NFL broadcasts just reiterate what the national writers have been saying. Worthless.

You could say that about 99% of people in media.

Most just repeat talking points. Its why I used to love Tim Russert on Meet the Press. He would never let the show be a hour long talking point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom