• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 12 |OT| - Where the winners win and the Jets lose.

Bowser

They scored 20 points against the best defense and wouldve had more if ridley doesnt fumble. That was the best game the offense had all year, so I think they have a good chance against any team.

Now the defense......

Pats offense straight carved our defense up. It was a disgusting performance by our defense, especially rush defense (it was a matter of time before the secondary was exposed). Just too many options between Gronk, Dola, Ridley, Vereen and Dobson/Thompkins with Brady at the helm. If all those guys can stay healthy you'll be fine, probably #2 seed in the AFC.

Pimpwerx

Jets get their ass kicked, pats lose a game and get salty, Miami wins, it's gonna be a good week.

The best is that some of the saltiest motherfuckers right now were defending that shitty swatted ball call in Foxboro. Eat all the dicks, guys. It ain't so nice when the calls go against you. PEACE.

squicken

As
Also, fuck Harbaugh.

I can just imagine you leading the fuck flacco cheer haha. His horseshoe is clearly gone. Amazing though how Ozzie re-fitted the defense and they didn't miss a beat. Disagree on your run game, though. Think the offense in general is poor, and the OL is the biggest culprit. When both the backs have awful YPC and the QB is taking lots of sacks, I think that is where you start

TheFatOne

They scored 20 points against the best defense and wouldve had more if ridley doesnt fumble. That was the best game the offense had all year, so I think they have a good chance against any team.

Now the defense......

The offense hasn't been very good in the playoffs in recent years. I don't think the defense is good enough to help them out when they are in a funk. Although a couple times this year it felt like old playoff games, and they found a way. So at least that is an encouraging sign. The real issue for the offense is Brady. He looks much better the last two weeks, but he still stares down his receivers, and his pocket presence is not as good as it once was. He gives up too quickly instead of standing in the pocket and taking a hit sometimes. They still have a shot they just need a little luck, and favorable match up early like the last time they made it to the super bowl.

cashman

Banned
After all these years of suffering we are almost at the pinnacle of greatness! I hope the Bucs don't bring their nasty MRSA into Ford Field!

Time for Matthew to show the league who the best QB of the generation is!

It's in Houston football fans' DNA to squicken when their team is down and out. No wonder they couldn't keep a football team the first time.

After all these years of suffering we are almost at the pinnacle of greatness! I hope the Bucs don't bring their nasty MRSA into Ford Field!

Time for Matthew to show the league who the best QB of the generation is!

Bucs about to go 3-8.

DMczaf am cry.

Trey

Only the highest win percentage in the league since then.

BUBUBUBUT NO SUPER BOWL WINS!

Go eat a fucking dick.

That just means your losing is so advanced you play yourselves out of good picks. Once you got caught cheating; always a bridesmaid never the bride.

Milchjon

Offense played well. If it wasn't for the last drive, Brady would've had like 4 incompletions. And that last drive still almost got a TD.

If Ridley didn't fumble, McDaniels didn't get cute, McCourty didn't go braindead...

MechDX

It's in Houston football fans' DNA to squicken when their team is down and out. No wonder they couldn't keep a football team the first time.

Better than delusional cockroach Cowboy fans who still think its 1995.

matt-stafford-734323136-771385.jpg

Look at this guy! he just screams "stud with a cannon"!

squicken

Love the Lions. It sucks that a win will keep the Bucs from getting a better draft pick, but I just want Schwartz to finally succeed

effzee

Glad to see you come around to the correct side.

Cards are going to be such a tough game. That D is fucking legit. Will be interesting to see what Foles does against them, and Palmer is playing much better lately.

Hopefully playing the Cards in Philly works in our favor. Hope the weather is nasty.

But with our luck I just know Palmer will have a great game instead of throwing his 1-2 INTs per game in big spots.

What did EZ get banned for?

RG3 comments taken out of context? I thought he meant that the play action wasn't working because the Eagles were ready and knew it was coming. Didn't take it to mean it was a shot at Shanny. But who knows. Might be and RG3 def seems to have an issue with the Shanny and Son operation. They never wanted him and he doesn't trust them.

Whoever coaches the Redskins next year so long as they fix the D is going to do well. RG3 2 years removed from the knee injury, coach he gets along with, and possible improvements on D.

Hopefully they keep Mike.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Just got home after a long day, didn't get to watch much of the game at all. Pats blew that one down the stretch, but wasn't much of a surprise. There were times the offense was clickin, but for the most part they still haven't got their rhythm, and the defense is just depleted. Both Dennard and Talib out... I know Talib was in, but he had to leave the field yet again, with a problem that likely won't ever go away. I received a text to find that Ridley fumbled yet again, and again another problem that won't be going away for him. Tough to like the pats chances next week, but the schedules easy after that. Gonna be a tough road ahead. They should shut talib down until the playoffs.

squicken

RG3 comments taken out of context? I thought he meant that the play action wasn't working because the Eagles were ready and knew it was coming. Didn't take it to mean it was a shot at Shanny. But who knows. Might be and RG3 def seems to have an issue with the Shanny and Son operation. They never wanted him and he doesn't trust them.

I think we have to know the dynamics of that team. Did Snyder mandate that trade? Is RG3 above the coach when it comes to Snyder's ear? Not that it is unusual. Stars often have more pull than the coach. But it will matter as far as who will want that job if they fire Shanny

As much as the game in Chicago sucked, the experience was amazing. I expected bad weather, but I wasn't expecting a two hour delay. I bought a poncho last minute, and if I didnt' have one, I don't know how I would have done it. Even after they pulled us all out of the stands, we were crammed undercover on the concourse, with the rain coming in sideways. After that, it was freezing. Here's a few pics from the delay:

HDxwd7T.jpg

LZRFVOl.jpg

Here's me, cold as shit, hibernating betwen plays. This is basically I spent the second half; sticking my head up to watch our next embarassing failure, then popping back down into hot stink breath warmed cocoon.

Chicago fans were pretty damn respectful, definitely better than Houston, Atlanta and SF. They cared much more about the Packers and Lions losing, and after the game, most of the chants I heard break out were "Packers Suck" and "Lions Suck". They just didn't care about the Ravens enough to really give us shit. The only altercation I almost had was with a Ravens fan who didn't appreciate me leading the Bears fans in a rousing chant of "Flacco sucks!" after he threw his Pick 6, which was really special for me to get to see in person. I was sitting in the endzone behind Flacco, so I really got the perfect view of him shitting it up. 1st and Goal at the 5, I really thought we might actually win on the road, but then we came out there and ran three terrible plays, and for some reason, ran it twice without our Pro Bowl Fullback on the field. But whatever, we're one game out of the playoffs.

Other highlights of the trip, got to see the Bulls kick the shit out of the Pacers as a "home" fan, and it was rad to see the Bulls intro at the United Center, because the Alan Parson's Project song and it have become pretty iconic. I also saw Michael Wilbon there, who was nice enough to chat with my friend's dad who always comes on the trips. I also saw Sean Penn at SFO when I got home, but I thought better than get a picture.

All in all, fun experience, but another road loss, and another game out D looked good and our O looked like trash. Ravens fans really are going to have to get out of denial: Defense looked good, running game looked good....still lost. Only so many places left to place the blame.

Also, fuck Harbaugh.

Glad you enjoyed the 5.5 hour marathon. Fans really arent that bad towards any other fans, we talk shit but we won't beat the shit out of you for liking another team.

Top Bottom