• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 13 |OT| Guns of the Patriots

Farooq

Banned
:jnc

What do you think the defenses are doing?

I came up with some more points to strengthen my argument. And now that the Denver/Chiefs game is over, I thought I would post it.

Number 1, defenses only started to have players with live helmets from 2008 and on wards. They have a tradition of using signals to call a defensive coverage. Offenses have had a player with a live helmet since 1994.

Number 2, It is easier for an offense to key in on what a defense is doing pre-snap. Most keys that a defense is looking for happen after the offense snaps the ball. However, an offense can decipher many things about a defense pre-snap. For example, sending a man in motion can give an indication about the coverage.

An offensive formation in a certain personnel grouping may give you an indication of what play an offense might run. But usually a good offense likes to break tendencies and has the ability to run many different plays from a certain formation and or personnel grouping. A defense with its own personnel groupings is not as flexible.

Number 3, the communication cutoff when the play clock is down to 15 is there for a specific reason. The league wants the Qb to fly solo for those crucial seconds before the snap. With Philadelphia's coaches having a good pre-snap read from the sideline and above in the box, and then changing the play with the use of signals, is simply ignoring the the spirit of the rule.

Not to mention my other point that I illustrated in my previous post. The offense controls when the ball is snapped, they can look to the sideline and not worry about the play starting. A defense does not have the same luxury. Looking to the sideline for a defensive play call, may lead the defense to be caught off guard and out of position.

That is all.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
if we just keep Cooper away from the stadium and learn how to use Charles correctly wed will be fine for the rest of the season

Afrikan

why call that type of play on 4th down?.... 4th and 4 with a Mobile QB who is accurate on short passes?

to rely on their safety to play undisciplined?...on 4th down? in an important game?

stupid play call.

Alex just did what he was told.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
it should have been a screen to charles for the first and he would have scored knowing his elusive self.

oh well.. I am just worried about beating the colts or bengals in the playoffs now

BRONCOS WIN

E0cDXVq.gif

Give Denver some credit here.

We didn't stop the pass attack and our rookie CB got exposed S lot. Both games have been ridiculously close on the field, but Denver is the more complete team.

I'm more impressed with our offense than I have been and more disappointed in our defense. The Broncos offense is as good as advertised in warm weather, although their defense is crap.

I'm happy about the win, but I'm still nervous about our defense. The loss to New England gave me no assurance that they learned anything from last year's one-and-done. Still need to see more from them.

Godslay

Banned
GG Chiefs fans. Fun game.

Got a PM saying I've been vanquished, but last I checked I can post here whenever the fuck I want. As such, good night, stay strong Bronco brothers.

kmfdmpig

Chiefs loose 3 in a row . Exposed

Major chiefs fan, but I now believe the defense is a fraud. So frustrated the last two weeks. The offense actually starts to perform somewhat and the defense shits the bed.
I sometimes wonder if the NFL gives me more pleasure or misery.

Mrbob

Fun game to watch.

Broncos defense is going to cost them in the playoffs if the offense has a bad game. Shades of Green Bay a couple season ago.

Though I'd rather be in their position than what the Bears are at. Only good thing about this season is the emergence of Alshon Jeffery as a beast WR.

JDHarbs

Major chiefs fan, but I now believe the defense is a fraud. So frustrated the last two weeks. The offense actually starts to perform somewhat and the defense shits the bed.
I sometimes wonder if the NFL gives me more pleasure or misery.
2 of those 3 were against Manning, and the 3rd we lost Hali and Houston early.

squicken

Fun game to watch.

Broncos defense is going to cost them in the playoffs if the offense has a bad game. Shades of Green Bay a couple season ago.

Though I'd rather be in their position than what the Bears are at. Only good thing about this season is the emergence of Alshon Jeffery as a beast WR.

You have no idea how luck you are to have TWO guys who catch contested passes. Hell I'd kill for a WR who can catch an uncontested pass

Sorry about your Bears. Nothing personal. Just draft picks

Marrone post game :jnc. "I'm really really upset. Like there's words I can't say." and the whole time he's rubbing his forehead. Welcome to the NFL!

Broncos might be mankind's only hope. Gotta keep the Pats and the Ravens out of the SB. John Fox is an assmunch for not handling the Ravens last season. If we have to deal with one of those two fucking teams in the SB this year we might as well have a dinosaur extinction sized asteroid wipe us all out. That would be preferable.

Mrbob

You have no idea how luck you are to have TWO guys who catch contested passes. Hell I'd kill for a WR who can catch an uncontested pass

Sorry about your Bears. Nothing personal. Just draft picks

I'm not too upset about it. Team would lose in the wild card round anyway with this defense.

Offseason needs to be about getting one speedy WR, and then completely reloading the defense. Plus a center too because Garza is old and bad.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
The positive from tonights game will be to hopefully see more implosion from RG3 and the coaching staff/team.

Then hopefully Suh can get his spot back as Subway spokesman that RG3s snake salesman ass jacked after only one season.

Borrowed my brothers 3DS and Fire Emblem, while my PS3 is getting fixed. Any tips?

Farooq

Banned
I want to see Philly beat out Dallas so badly.

If Dallas beats Chicago, Green Bay (winnable if Rodgers is done for the season), and Washington. And the Eagles drop one of their next three games. The last game of the season will not matter.

Dallas will have the division record tiebreaker with a win over Washington. Given Dallas' track record the last two seasons. I think it is safe to say almost every Cowboy fan is hoping it does not have to come down to the last game of the season.

Top Bottom