• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 13 |OT| Guns of the Patriots

bionic77

CR benefited heavily from the source novel where Fleming had Bond as a fallible introspective agent whose arrogance fucked him over more than not rather than gadget wielding quip machine I normally associate with bond films.
It was gritty as fuck too. And everything made sense. They lost that in the last 2 movies. Hope they can put together a better story for the next movie. I like Craig.

And speaking of great writing finally started the Dark Tower. Holy fuck this shits on every fantasy book I have ever read. Just started book 4. Soooooooooo good.

squicken

Vikes
Jets?
Jags
Texans
Titans?
Bills?
Raiders
Bengals?
Browns
Rams?
Cards?
SF?
Bears?
Bucs?
Eagles?

Could see any other those teams drafting a QB in the first 3 rounds w/ possibility of him starting next year

Vikes
Jets?
Jags
Texans
Titans?
Bills?
Raiders
Bengals?
Browns
Rams?
Cards?
SF?
Bears?
Bucs?
Eagles?

Could see any other those teams drafting a QB in the first 3 rounds

I hope the Raiders don't. There are a few other pieces I'd put on priority first. (At least not a first or second rounder)

squicken

I hope the Raiders don't. There are a few other pieces I'd put on priority first. (At least not a first or second rounder)

I agree. Too many holes. But is McGloin a good enough placeholder? You have to have someone who isn't stunting the growth of the WRs, like what has happened in Minnesota and Jacksonville

I agree. Too many holes. But is McGloin a good enough placeholder? You have to have someone who isn't stunting the growth of the WRs, like what has happened in Minnesota and Jacksonville

I actually like McGloin alot. I think he's a solid QB
for now

Also having a WR that can actually go for a jump ball or outmuscle DBs would be nice.

bionic77

I thought you were on the trade Ben train. So, Steelers.

Who am I kidding? Landry future!
If only we had a more talented qb to run the brilliant and unstoppable Haley offense we would be undefeated and on the way to another SB for the trophy case.

But instead we are stuck with Ben. :(

Syrinx

Vikes
Jets?
Jags
Texans
Titans?
Bills?
Raiders
Bengals?
Browns
Rams?
Cards?
SF?
Bears?
Bucs?
Eagles?

Could see any other those teams drafting a QB in the first 3 rounds w/ possibility of him starting next year

We got King Glennon. We don't need no one else. Fuck, we can give away every draft pick we have next year and we'll still ascend to greatness on the back of GODlennon.

Drakeon

We got King Glennon. We don't need no one else. Fuck, we can give away every draft pick we have next year and we'll still ascend to greatness on the back of GODlennon.

I know he's played well, but I cannot get over the fact that someone who looks like that is a NFL quarterback.

squicken

He and his twin brother Foles have the rest of the year to help their teams make that decision. Same with EJ and Geno, though EJ is probably secure b/c the coach and GM picked him. If Glennon is just okay and TB has a new coach, will he want Glennon?

LJ11

Seeing the Cards on that list reminds me that they have a legit shot at the playoffs. Arians coach of the year once again? Very good front 7, and that's how you build a team, up front.

LB position was discarded as some throw away 5th round fill in. If you were a LB and weren't of the pass rush variety you weren't worth touching in the first. I look around the league and see a lot of good young LBs that were taken a round or two later than they should have. These types of LBs are rare, and yet they've fallen into the 2nd and 3rd rounds over the last half decade. Will definitely change going forward.

According to you the Steelers.

According to ez and FMT the Niners and Packers.

According to Larry Flacco.

Etc.
Easier to replace the QB than the coach, both coordinators, and the entire offense and defense like you say.:p

I thought you were on the trade Ben train. So, Steelers.

Who am I kidding? Landry future!
Don't want him traded. I think the STEELERS want him traded big difference.

(Seriously I think they leaked the story to Rappaport to get him spooked. Seems it worked.)

MechDX

Greg Koch ‏@gregkoch1 6h
Just got report from source, Jon Gruden at IAH......hmm, sightseeing day after Thanksgiving?

Well, well, well....that guy is a FOOTBALL COACH!

Team loaded with talent? CHECK
Early first round draft pick for QB? CHECK
More emotional than Gary? CHECK
Watt gives him an eternal stiffy? CHECKMATE!

squicken

Seeing the Cards on that list reminds me that they have a legit shot at the playoffs. Arians coach of the year once again? Very good front 7, and that's how you build a team, up front.

LB position was discarded as some throw away 5th round fill in. If you were a LB and weren't of the pass rush variety you weren't worth touching in the first. I look around the league and see a lot of good young LBs that were taken a round or two later than they should have. These types of LBs are rare, and yet they've fallen into the 2nd and 3rd rounds over the last half decade. Will definitely change going forward.

There was a Colts writer I follow who was delitcately suggesting last year that the Colts shouldn't be sentimental about Pagano seeing what they had with Arians. Got shredded of course for being a douche, but he was right. Would any Cards fan trade Arians for Pagano? Arians has flaws, and it's nice to have that defense, but it's not like that offense has a great OL either.

Well, well, well....that guy is a FOOTBALL COACH!!

You like Gruden?

There was a Colts writer I follow who was delitcately suggesting last year that the Colts shouldn't be sentimental about Pagano seeing what they had with Arians. Got shredded of course for being a douche, but he was right. Would any Cards fan trade Arians for Pagano? Arians has flaws, and it's nice to have that defense, but it's not like that offense has a great OL either.

Leukemia bought Pagano 3 terrible seasons as coach.

Mild stroke may also be enough to save Kubiak his job.

LJ11

I said it a couple of years ago to Steeler fans who moaned about Arians, "you'll miss him when he's gone." Well they may not miss him completely, but they'll drive Haley to the airport in a heartbeat to get Arians back. They went from complaining about not running the ball enough/not calling a quick pass game, to complaining about running the ball too much, and not attacking downfield.

Not as bad as some made him out to be, his O moves the ball. He may get his QB killed in the process, but the chains are moving.

I said it a couple of years ago to Steeler fans who moaned about Arians, "you'll miss him when he's gone." Well they may not miss him completely, but they'll drive Haley to the airport in a heartbeat to get Arians back. They went from complaining about not running the ball enough/not calling a quick pass game, to complaining about running the ball too much, and not attacking downfield.

Not as bad as some made him out to be, his O moves the ball. He may get his QB killed in the process, but the chains are moving.

I think that's a false statement, at least when he was in Pittsburgh. Arians' offenses was middling - lots of stalled drives and nonsensical tone - Steelers offense was middle of the road in their first Super Bowl season. The big shots were sexy as fuck though, nothing like seeing Ben rainbow an 80 yard shot to Wallace. Dink and dunk has none of the appeal. Haley's offense was part of the perfect storm that got Wallace shipped out of town, but so far (when Ben runs it) the numbers are better.

LJ11

Cam Newton is a football player man

He can ball the fuck out

I'm not sure if you're fucking around, but if he ever puts it all together, which in all likelihood won't happen, he could be incredible. Has all the tools, but it takes more than that to play the position, mechanics are still not sound.

When he's on though, it's fun to watch, he was amazing at Auburn.

squicken

Don't forget Florida St./Florida. It might be Jameis Winston's last game before he goes to prison.

It's good that Florida's offense didn't play A&M's defense this year, or the universe might have collapsed on itself

As joked about on the ATL podcast, the Browns should just draft like 8 QB's, and they should get one of em right.

Heard a Vikes guy joke they need to draft like 8 coaches and hope one works out

I'm not sure if you're fucking around, but if he ever puts it all together, which in all likelihood won't happen, he could be incredible. Has all the tools, but it takes more than that to play the position, mechanics are still not sound.

When he's on though, it's fun to watch, he was amazing at Auburn.

I'm dead serious. Which is something with the state I'm in at the moment.

When I see Cam play, it's pretty obvious, even to an idiot like me, that he has something special. From day 1 it was clear to me that Cam had the potential to be special.

Gata you ready to watch Ohio State tomorrow?
Donald Brown is averaging nearly 6 ypc. I'm thankful for your good wishes and feel I've misjudged you somewhere along the line.
Only took him like 4 years to play well and forcing your crazy owner to give up a first for Trent <3

so if the stars align and the skins somehow end up with the #1 pick this year, what kind of trade value would the rams get from it? I like to imagine that all the QB needy teams would be vying to get Bridgewater.

Top Bottom