• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 13 |OT| Guns of the Patriots

squicken

so if the stars align and the skins somehow end up with the #1 pick this year, what kind of trade value would the rams get from it? I like to imagine that all the QB needy teams would be vying to get Bridgewater.

So exciting! Need the Vikes and Falcons to win, plus the loser of Texans and Jags. Skins look dead in the water

Season 4 onwards is unbearable/Daniel faraday is the worst character ever.

I kind of liked the time travel stuff. The last season is just a huge trainwreck. Zombie Sayid, Jack and Kate switching alliances Willy nilly with no motivation whatsoever, Sawyer crying constantly over Juliet. Man in Black/Jacob mythology shitting all over the show canon. I mean, it's not as bad as Battlestar Galactica last season but it still sucks

I kind of liked the time travel stuff. The last season is just a huge trainwreck. Zombie Sayid, Jack and Kate switching alliances Willy nilly with no motivation whatsoever, Sawyer crying constantly over Juliet. Man in Black/Jacob mythology shitting all over the show canon. I mean, it's not as bad as Battlestar Galactica last season but it still sucks
Some highs and a lot low lows in that show.

I tried watching BSG. I can see how it'd be impressive back when but it hasn't aged super well and I wasn't really feeling it then again I am a hipster and hate everything.

I need a donut. Just saying.

Narag

I tried watching BSG. I can see how it'd be impressive back when but it hasn't aged super well and I wasn't really feeling it then again I am a hipster and hate everything.

I saw someone in another thread compare it to The Wire.

I timelier watching
BSG. I can see how it'd be impressive back when but it hasn't aged super well and I wasn't really feeling it then again I am a hipster and hate everything.

The newer (04?) BSG was decent. If you liked LOST you would probably like it. It was very LOST-esque

I saw someone in another thread compare it to The Wire.

Lol I haven't even seen the Wire and I know that's ridiculous

squicken

What's the deal in Minnesota? They rush in Josh Freeman, play him one game then bury him?

Frazier then said it wasn't his idea to play him...what the hell?

Something must have happened after that start to make them sour on him. Everyone wondered why he was on the outs in TB, and it turned out he wasn't living up to the role behind the scenes

Narag

Something must have happened after that start to make them sour on him. Everyone wondered why he was on the outs in TB, and it turned out he wasn't living up to the role behind the scenes

is he still suffering from a self-reported concussion?

A lot of people on GAF say dumb shit I just laugh and move on.

Truer words have never been spoken.

"A lot of people on GAF say dumb shit" - Buckethead

I loved lost but struggled to get through BSG, took many breaks. Blood and Chrome the special was pretty awesome though.

Still haven't seen Blood and Chrome.

Who is still banned?

Lunchbox/alt
Chan (perm but has alts?)
Eznark
Sneses

It's a boom/bust deal. Unfortunately for them they're out $3mil but that's really nothing.

I'm watching BSG right now it has it's moments but for bring such an advanced civilization I laugh at some of the designs, the story is ok though just a lot of jesus/Christian symbolism which can get annoying

Narag

A lot of people on GAF say dumb shit I just laugh and move on. Or at least try to.

Internet hyperbole is literally the worst thing ever!!! Just aggravating people can't discuss the merits of an individual show without feeling the need to tier it out for the sake of compartmentalizing media.

well damn I'm mid way through season 2 right now guess I'll run through it and start something else, it really hasn't satisfied my sci fi thirst

Season 3 is good. Season 4 is basically Sunday church service. It's hard to find good SciFi that isn't episodic or cliche-ridden

I wish I had stopped watching BSG after S1. The mini-series and 33 were so freaking good, though

Yeah they were

I said it a couple of years ago to Steeler fans who moaned about Arians, "you'll miss him when he's gone." Well they may not miss him completely, but they'll drive Haley to the airport in a heartbeat to get Arians back. They went from complaining about not running the ball enough/not calling a quick pass game, to complaining about running the ball too much, and not attacking downfield.

Not as bad as some made him out to be, his O moves the ball. He may get his QB killed in the process, but the chains are moving.

Part of the problem is that Bruce in his Steeler days had a D that afforded him the ability to screw around until he hit his occasional big play. They could also set him up with shorter fields or just outright score. This Steeler team has no such luxury. So while Haley is screwing around trying to decide if he's going to run it more or let Ben call more pass plays, the other team has either made big plays, tacked on enough FGs, or at the very least, has slanted the field in their favor.

During the Steelers 3 game win streak, they had a more quick, controlled passing attack, but their D was also getting turnovers, something they weren't doing all year. Course, they were also playing against substandard talent, especially at the QB position (except for the Lions, who just killed them for one quarter and then decided to go all junior varsity for the other three.)

Season 3 is good. Season 4 is basically Sunday church service. It's hard to find good SciFi that isn't episodic or cliche-ridden

Yeah they were

eh thats my biggest complaint about the show since I know the ending I might stop after season 3 then, and yeah even good movies are hard to find I just watched almost every high rated sci fi movie, it's a very short list

squicken

During the Steelers 3 game win streak, they had a more quick, controlled passing attack, but their D was also getting turnovers, something they weren't doing all year. Course, they were also playing against substandard talent, especially at the QB position (except for the Lions, who just killed them for one quarter and then decided to go all junior varsity for the other three.)

Yep. It's always the easy answer to point to a coach of player on offense to key a win streak. So many times it is the defense and opponents that drive that. It's why I'm looking forward to seeing Nick Foles play the Cards

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I haven't even seen the Wire

379ch.gif

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I'm watching BSG right now it has it's moments but for bring such an advanced civilization I laugh at some of the designs, the story is ok though just a lot of jesus/Christian symbolism which can get annoying
It's a remake of a show with blatant mormon symbollism, after all.

squicken

Sorry Bob, but this is the last chance the Vikes have at a win. BEAR DOWN!

Oh ok I thought the Caprica series, yeah that was pretty much the highlight of the series so far.

Yeah they aired those first few episodes as two hour movies the year before the show. At the time they were so well done

There was also a one off movie Razor that I really liked. Don't think you are far enough to know the storyline on that so don't look it up unless you want some major spoilers

Narag

I got in on one of those 3dsxls!

Also, What the f why is squicken cursing my bears.

Mech, Miguel, and MechDX have bonded upon the discovery that while alone their power is not great enough, if they pool their resources they can successfully levy a curse on any team in the league and have continued testing their limits with a different team each week.

Did you really think the Steelers beat the Lions on their own merit? Or the Panthers the Patriots? Of course not.

Mrbob

Wow, so this is how they repay me after I single handedly willed the Texans to greatness a couple years in a row. Look at how bad they are now without my support.

Narag

Wow, so that is how they repay me after I single handedly willed the Texans to greatness a couple years in a row. Look at how bad they are now without my support.

I look at it as a necessary sacrifice as part of the healing process. Squicken will be able to return home again before long.

Top Bottom