• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 14 |OT| Pure Imagination

Agreed. Either we grab a solid pass-rusher to complement Houston or an O-Line guy that can stay healthy.

I don't see us going o-line in the first. Watson was plagued by injuries this year, but he's a stud OT and was never injured before and of course Hulksmash will be resigned. The OG class is deep this year, so expect to grab one in the 2nd to 4th rounds.

Pass rusher idea I do like and I think Barr may fall to us.

squicken

Guy helped Jets hire new GM

My guess would be Cowher, Dungy, etc..

I'm not worried about that stuff. Lots of guys never asked are going to say they turned it down to keep their star bright. And Rick is going to make the best of the best have no interest in that job. Chip Kelly has final say on the roster in Philly. Rick has that in Houston.

MechDX

I'm not worried about that stuff. Lots of guys never asked are going to say they turned it down to keep their star bright. And Rick is going to make the best of the best have no interest in that job. Chip Kelly has final say on the roster in Philly. Rick has that in Houston.

That's why I want MCDaniels. If you are going to run with Case then let McDaniels develop him but keep him away from draft decision making

So guys, we have a couple hours to kill before kick-off.

Tell me, what was the best game of the PS3/360/Wii gen? I think I might go with Skyrim.
Idk about best game, but my favorite experiences last gen were Playing Gears of war 1 online and Oblivion
Edit: can't forget about rainbow six Vegas! So fun

ShaneB

Here's my first attempt at adding text to a gif... I think it's appropriate at this time of year =)

io5viPGWiOucQ.gif

squicken

That's why I want MCDaniels. If you are going to run with Case then let McDaniels develop him but keep him away from draft decision making

He was such a disaster in Denver, let alone STL. Think he's just a product of BB and TB. He'd also probably trade the frist round pick for Mallett, but might bring back Tebow so ... maybe?

Idk about best game, but my favorite experiences last gen were Playing Gears of war 1 online and Oblivion
Edit: can't forget about rainbow six Vegas! So fun

Well yeah best game/best personal experience.

I love Oblivion as well, because it was my first experience with a game of that scale. But Skyrim was on another level for me. I just loved that world. The northern vibe, the snow, the big forests with the yellow leaves. It was just perfect. Sure there are other games I really loved, Uncharted (2), PGR4, Batman Arkham City, Fallout 3, GTA V, but Skyrim was on another level for me.

Another game I really loved was Call of Duty : Modern Warfare. That was such a game changer for the FPS genre. The singleplayer was one of the best I've ever played.

MechDX

He was such a disaster in Denver, let alone STL. Think he's just a product of BB and TB. He'd also probably trade the frist round pick for Mallett, but might bring back Tebow so ... maybe?

Somewhere Bionic got an erection and an odd desire to buy a Texans jersey

MechDX

Daniel Gotera ‏@DTGoteraKHOU 11m
Oh #2 RT @RapSheet: .@MikeSilver believes he’s on their radar too RT @ryanpwest: @RapSheet Think the Texans go after Cutler?

Lovie and Cutler reunited?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

I love Oblivion as well, because it was my first experience with a game of that scale. But Skyrim was on another level for me. I just loved that world. The northern vibe, the snow, the big forests with the yellow leaves. It was just perfect. Sure there are other games I really loved, Uncharted (2), PGR4, Batman Arkham City, Fallout 3, GTA V, but Skyrim was on another level for me.

Another game I really loved was Call of Duty : Modern Warfare. That was such a game changer for the FPS genre. The singleplayer was one of the best I've ever played.
I remember Cod4 bricked my first 360 right before Christmas.

GQman2121

Banned
Here's my first attempt at adding text to a gif... I think it's appropriate at this time of year =)

http://i.minus.com/io5viPGWiOucQ.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Here's a shot of M&T (Baltimore) from my living room.

[quote][img]http://i.imgur.com/2ksBVkJ.jpg

Hold on to your ACL's Vikes/Ravens.

Greg

Tell me, what was the best game of the PS3/360/Wii gen? I think I might go with Skyrim.
What, the game that breaks the more you play it (PS3)? Fuck Bethesda.

SOCOM: Confrontation and Resistance 2 got the most playtime from me even though they were shit on by most people. I'll go with that.

Damn, Dutch, same for me. Loved Skyrim. Put over 100 hours into it and still only about 1/2 way through the story. Just love walking all over the place and doing side quests, etc. The atmosphere of that game is fantastic.

And I immediately thought of CoD4. All of the MW's since then have sucked hairy ass, but the first one changed the way online FPS is played and what is expected of them.

So many other great ones though: Gears 2, RDR, TLoU. Tough to come up with just one. IMO it was a great generation of gaming. I know others don't believe that or look fondly back at the SNES days, but I was never really a Nintendo fan.

jakncoke

Banned
Is Skyrim for PS3 still bugged up? I played like 200 hours of Oblivion/Shivering Isles/Knights of Nine. But havent attempted Skyrim

ShaneB

For me, I guess it's gotta be Gears 1, just based on how long I played it online with friends that I met on Xbox Live. It was the system seller for me back in 2006, and we played it right until Gears 2 came out.

Here's a shot of M&T (Baltimore) from my living room.

Looks awesome! I'll definitely be sure to take some photos when I go home for christmas.

JCizzle

Game today in DC is going to be brutal. 1) you have to watch the Skins 2) you have to watch the Skins in freezing rain which is the worst weather.

Touchdown

Banned
The Eagles defense has been on the field a league-high 892 snaps this season. Many of the team's defensive players are on pace for career-high snap counts.

Including penalties, linebacker DeMeco Ryans already has played 927 snaps, which is a 1,236-snap pace. That would be 162 more than he's ever played in a single season (1,074 last season), or the equivalent of two extra games.

Cornerback Cary Williams (913 snaps) is on pace for 1,217 snaps, or 116 more than his career-high. Safety Nate Allen (863) is on pace for 1,151. He's never played more than 871. Linebacker Connor Barwin (898) is on pace for 1,197 snaps, which would be 178 more than his career-high.

Trent Cole already has played 722 snaps, which puts him on a 963-snap pace. The last time the 31-year-old linebacker played anywhere close to that many was in '09 (959 snaps).

The interesting things is, none of these guys are dragging. In fact, most of them never have felt better, never have played better. Clearly, Chip Kelly's emphasis on sports science is not hocus-pocus. It works.

"I feel better than I've ever felt in my career right now," Cole said. "I feel like I'm still in the first game, I really do. Usually you feel sore about now, even though it's Thursday. But I don't feel one ounce of soreness or nothing. This is the way you want to feel going into a game."

This is a guy who never has been a particularly strong finisher. He was an undersized 4-3 end and usually wore down as the season went along. Going into this season, he had 71 career sacks. Just 20 1/2 of them came in the final six games of the season. This season, four of his five sacks have come in Games 11 and 12.

Also -

Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin III were the first and second picks in the 2012 draft. Russell Wilson and Nick Foles were the 75th and 88th. Yet, Wilson and Foles have a combined passer rating (115.5) nearly 33 points higher than Griffin and Luck’s (82.8). Wilson and Foles have averaged a combined 8.9 yards per attempt and have thrown 41 TD passes and just six interceptions. Griffin and Luck have averaged 6.9 with 30 TDs and 19 picks.

Go... Niners.

I'm sorry Hawks-GAF, but I have to break off the alliance. :(

We helped yall and yall helped us, but it's over. The Panthers need to get HFA, which means yall have to start losing. Nothing personal, just business.

GQman2121

Banned
There were a lot of very, very good games last gen--even a few classics--but unfortunately, there were also a lot of games that attempted to follow trends that we're not so good.

Best games:

Last of Us; Portal; GTA V; Red Dead; Flower; Mario Galaxy; Batmans; Walking Dead

Worst:

Original Assassin's Creed; Campaigns of MW 2 & 3; LA Noire; New Tomb Raider; Max Payne 3; Socom 4

BigAT

Apparently the People's Champ didn't believe in giving back to the people.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Former Eagles WR Freddie Mitchell reported to prison Friday to begin a 37-month sentence for his role in a tax-fraud scheme.

Greg

Damn, Dutch, same for me. Loved Skyrim. Put over 100 hours into it and still only about 1/2 way through the story. Just love walking all over the place and doing side quests, etc. The atmosphere of that game is fantastic.

And I immediately thought of CoD4. All of the MW's since then have sucked hairy ass, but the first one changed the way online FPS is played and what is expected of them.

So many other great ones though: Gears 2, RDR, TLoU. Tough to come up with just one. IMO it was a great generation of gaming. I know others don't believe that or look fondly back at the SNES days, but I was never really a Nintendo fan.
CoD4 was great, but what it did to games was not.

Everything is levels and perks and aim assists and respawn now.

Is Skyrim for PS3 still bugged up? I played like 200 hours of Oblivion/Shivering Isles/Knights of Nine. But havent attempted Skyrim
I don't know. I had like 50 hours in on my playthrough around launch as it slowly became unplayable. Their first "fix" did nothing, so I quit and sold the game immediately. I even felt bad for getting a good chunk of my money back at someone's expense on Amazon.

Completely over how they handled everything. Said both console versions were the same despite never showing the PS3 version, denied issues existed, long delays on addressing the issue, etc.

Sorry, your team is already gone and your penis is scorched.

It's time for HoFlynn to write this beautiful chapter in Packer history.

There were a lot of very, very good games last gen--even a few classics--but unfortunately, there were also a lot of games that attempted to follow trends that we're not so good.

Best games:

Last of Us; Portal; GTA V; Red Dead; Flower; Mario Galaxy; Batmans; Walking Dead

Worst:

Original Assassin's Creed; Campaigns of MW 2 & 3; LA Noire; New Tomb Raider; Max Payne 3; Socom 4

Batman is another good one. The first one. Hated that they went open world with the second one.

Original AC was meh. Too repetitive. Couldn't finish it. Liked 2 though.

I like the new Tomb Raider. Haven't finished it yet but I like the grittiness they added to Lara. Of course I haven't played any of the Uncharted games so I've likely got a skewed impression of TR because of that. I hear the new TR owes much of its gameplay to UC.

And yes, MW2 & 3 campaigns (and online frankly) were horrible. Kotick is laughing his ass to the bank, though.

ShaneB

Oh man, I am getting giddy at the potential of a bunch of snow games today. It's what I've always loved about Football.

Wynnebeck

Banned
So in terms of standings and possible playoff or wildcard situations, Packers have to win today vs. the Falcons right? If they lose, then we pretty much wrap it up? Wondering if it's time to pack away the Fathead.

Best games:

Worst:

Flower was amazing too, together with Journey. TGC is one of my personal favorite studios.

For me, I guess it's gotta be Gears 1, just based on how long I played it online with friends that I met on Xbox Live. It was the system seller for me back in 2006, and we played it right until Gears 2 came out.

Looks awesome! I'll definitely be sure to take some photos when I go home for christmas.

Gears 1 was my first real online Co-op experience. So that was really awesome, it was the first game I got with my 360, but only because at the time it was in a bundle with PGR4 and a controller.

Something something great minds ;)

The MW single player was so good. The Sniper level was the best, but the level where (I'm just gonna spoiler tag this jus in case)
The nuke goes off
. I never seen that in a game before, not with that result anyway.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Ahhhhh, a beautiful Sunday.

Had some leftover pizza for breakfast, washed it down with some nice, cold Gatorade, and the Detroit Lions are essentially playing on national TV, including here in Southern California.

It`s going to be a good day, I can feel it.

Top Bottom