• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 15 |OT| Winter Is Coming

MechDX

Ryan McCrystal ‏@Ryan_McCrystal 7m
If Texans and Redskins finish tied for worst record, Rams (from Redskins) will get No.1 picks. Redskins hold significant edge in tie breaker

Squicken, the Redskins must win one more game. It is time...

http://deadspin.com/packers-rally-r...source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

applause.gif

sorry but it wasn't the defense who had the ball with a 5 point lead and under 3 minutes left then threw a pick. it wasn't the defense who had the ball down 1 with plenty of time left and then threw a pick. it wasn't the defense that audibled running calls to passing calls on those interceptions.

so of course tony romo isn't solely to blame. no one player is ever solely to blame for a loss i'm not sure why dumb fucking idiots want to make this point. it goes without saying. but the truth is romo deserves what he gets after what he did

Pimpwerx

I met a couple clients after the game, so I just got home. Let me tell you, that was a fun game to attend.

First, my pops and I got sideline passes from a neighbor. It was cool to stand on the field with the team, but the viewing angles are complete shit there. The free buffet was cool, but it's not worth being forced to watch the game on a jumbotron most of the snaps.

Brady is shit. He didn't get close enough to hear me yelling it.

Tannehill is progressing nicely. He's starting to use his wheels more, and he's also showing more confidence throwing the long ball. He's gonna be something special.

WTF @ the holder getting doinked in the face on that botched kick? C'mon man.

There were a shitton of Patriots fans today. More than any other team this season, including that crazy Ravens turnout. Still more Phins than Pats fans, but damn they were loud. Their "DE-FENSE" chant in the 4th was insanely loud. Like, giving our offense trouble hearing the snap type loud. I was impressed. I was also impressed with how quiet they all got when we took the lead at the end. :D

The audio setup on tv does NOTHING to capture the noise on the field. Holy shit, the stadium was insanely loud when the Pats were near the endzones. When we were on the sidelines, it was deafening. You really don't get even a fraction of the noise sitting in the stands. On the field, it's calamity.

Dimes, dimes, dimes and more dimes. This is par for the course for any event in Miami, but just thought I'd note that the sidelines seemed to have an even crazier density of hotties.

I got a great view of the cheerleaders from where we were. They are gorgeous. It's really weird seeing cheerleaders that don't say anything though. And dancing when there's often no music playing. It's a bit of a disjointed experience. Still...so hot.

I thought we were going to lose another close one, but we held on for the win. If the Lions can lend us a helping hand tomorrow, we'll wrest control of that wildcard slot. I really, really hope we win out the next 2 games to give ourselves the best possible chance. No clunkers. Jets and Bills been put on notice.

Once again...TANNETHRILL!!! My dude is really starting to look good lately. PEACE.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
sorry but it wasn't the defense who had the ball with a 5 point lead and under 3 minutes left then threw a pick. it wasn't the defense who had the ball down 1 with plenty of time left and then threw a pick. it wasn't the defense that audibled running calls to passing calls on those interceptions.

so of course tony romo isn't solely to blame. no one player is ever solely to blame for a loss i'm not sure why dumb fucking idiots want to make this point. it goes without saying. but the truth is romo deserves what he gets after what he did

He deserves blame for giving them a 23 point lead at one point in the game. For scoring 36 points.

Cowboys defense has forced the least 3 and outs in the league. They've forced the fewest amount of punts in the entire league. They've allowed the most passing yards in the entire league. They've allowed the most first downs in the entire league. Tony Romo is like the only reason that sorry ass team has been relevant at all for most of the time he's been there.

Pimpwerx

it was obvious anyways, romo fucked up but this coaching staff deserves blame as well

Romo gets way too much blame from people who'd gladly welcome him to their teams. I didn't know he played defense. I think that's been Dallas' primary issue this season. Romo is a great QB who's been saddled with the choker label since fumbling that snap. PEACE.

Nameless

Thanks Rams. Now whoever doesn't win the NFC South will have atleast 5 losses, which means we can nab the 5th seed if we win out.

I'm not scared at all about going into N.O; it would have been 3 straight there if not for the refs. Not scared of Carolina either. Let someone else get a crack at the Seacunts first and who knows. Besides, I rather not play them coming off a bye week.

Best case scenario we face the NFC south loser in an improbable last last game at Candlestick for the NFC championship. Worst case scenario we lose the next two games and have to watch Carson Palmer slosh around in the playoffs.

He deserves blame for giving them a 23 point lead at one point in the game. For scoring 36 points.

Cowboys defense has forced the least 3 and outs in the league. They've forced the fewest amount of punts in the entire league. They've allowed the most passing yards in the entire league. They've allowed the most first downs in the entire league. Tony Romo is like the only reason that sorry ass team has been relevant at all for most of the time he's been there.

Yeah. For some reason, Dallas fans seem to never see an issue with their CFL defense.

he Packers were down 26-3 at halftime. They won the game 37-36. It is all Tony Romo's fault, apparently.

Yes, Romo can justifiably catch heat for his two picks, but they were both on outstanding feats of athleticism by Green Bay's defenders. Miles Austin had Sam Shields beat when Romo threw a pass just a little too tight, and Shields picked him off. Tramon Williams's game-ending interception had to be reviewed, and man, did Williams give his best effort to make sure that ball didn't move as he fell to the ground. Romo's mistakes were crucial, but the defense deserves credit for excellent plays, too.

Anyway, Tony Romo failed at stopping three 80-yard drives by Green Bay in the second half. That was definitely his fault. Tony Romo was the one who has allowed the most passing yards and fourth-most rushing yards in the league. Tony Romo let Matt Flynn march all over him. You're the worst defense, Tony Romo.

On the other side, the Cowboys' defense had plenty of chances to stop the Packers' offense, and they didn't. After halftime, all of Green Bay's drives—except for the kneeldown to end the game—concluded with a touchdown. The Cowboys couldn't hold the Packers to a punt, or even a field goal. But yeah, it was all Tony Romo's fault.

This is said every .. single ... time. Every single time Romo does this dance, someone comes in and talks about the defense.

Dude the defense is playing 4th string people. We know the defense is bad because like 3 starters are playing that were starters at the beginning of the season. The defense has been bad ALL SEASON LONG. What did we draft for this offseason? 1st round, O line, 2nd round Tight End. We skipped on Floyd to get someone on the O line for this offense.

When the game is on the line, and the ball is on the OFFENSES hand, how the hell you going to blame the defense for the loss? They did well enough in the first half to make it 26-3 in the first damn place. Guess what, the other team can score 4 straight TD's but if we score on our own drives, it does not matter.

And when the game is on the line, who threw not 1 but 2 huge interceptions? Romo.

I would of written the same paragraphs awhile back but I am done defending this turd of a team and this quarterback. We are 17 years removed from any sniff of significance in the NFL. 17 ... mother F'in years. Sad thing is, we are a year or 2 away from going back to the bottom of the basement type team. Ware will be gone, Romo will be gone, Bryant will likely be gone, etc. Who else is there?

We have wasted the talent on this team the past 6 years. Romo fumbling field goal snaps, romo throwing 3 INT's against Washington, throwing picks against the eagles, fumbling the ball there, throwing INT's here. It's fucking old man.

Greg

Packers winning the NFCN is totally gonna happen now.
the heartbreaking part is going to be the Lions losing one of these 3 games, the Packers being in complete control of their playoff chances... and then having Rusty Rodgers throwing the season away

Farooq

Banned
In all seriousness, Romo has been checking out runs all season. Not to mention Bill Callahan barely calls runs in the first place. When Bill does call runs, it is quite predictable, coming out of 22, or 21 personnel groupings. Even though Dallas has had the most success running the ball out of 11 personnel, spreading the defense out (based on statistics). With both Romo and Callahan's aversion to the running the ball, it is not surprising why they are unable to close out games. Especially with a defense that is giving up historical numbers.

I can only imagine if Romo did what he did under Bill Parcells...

Mrbob

Just got back from the gym watching that second half and Lolmo does it again. Amazing. Only the Cowboys can blow that type of lead at home. Going to come down to the last week between the Bears and Packers after the Lions tank tomorrow night. Detroit fans search your heart you know this to be true.

I met a couple clients after the game, so I just got home. Let me tell you, that was a fun game to attend.

First, my pops and I got sideline passes from a neighbor. It was cool to stand on the field with the team, but the viewing angles are complete shit there. The free buffet was cool, but it's not worth being forced to watch the game on a jumbotron most of the snaps.

Brady is shit. He didn't get close enough to hear me yelling it.

Tannehill is progressing nicely. He's starting to use his wheels more, and he's also showing more confidence throwing the long ball. He's gonna be something special.

WTF @ the holder getting doinked in the face on that botched kick? C'mon man.

There were a shitton of Patriots fans today. More than any other team this season, including that crazy Ravens turnout. Still more Phins than Pats fans, but damn they were loud. Their "DE-FENSE" chant in the 4th was insanely loud. Like, giving our offense trouble hearing the snap type loud. I was impressed. I was also impressed with how quiet they all got when we took the lead at the end. :D

The audio setup on tv does NOTHING to capture the noise on the field. Holy shit, the stadium was insanely loud when the Pats were near the endzones. When we were on the sidelines, it was deafening. You really don't get even a fraction of the noise sitting in the stands. On the field, it's calamity.

Dimes, dimes, dimes and more dimes. This is par for the course for any event in Miami, but just thought I'd note that the sidelines seemed to have an even crazier density of hotties.

I got a great view of the cheerleaders from where we were. They are gorgeous. It's really weird seeing cheerleaders that don't say anything though. And dancing when there's often no music playing. It's a bit of a disjointed experience. Still...so hot.

I thought we were going to lose another close one, but we held on for the win. If the Lions can lend us a helping hand tomorrow, we'll wrest control of that wildcard slot. I really, really hope we win out the next 2 games to give ourselves the best possible chance. No clunkers. Jets and Bills been put on notice.

Once again...TANNETHRILL!!! My dude is really starting to look good lately. PEACE.

thats awesome can't wait to go to a phins game in miami

Rodgers is totally going to pull a cutler :\
I... don't really think so.

The key difference being that Rodgers is good, and Cutler is not.

the heartbreaking part is going to be the Lions losing one of these 3 games, the Packers being in complete control of their playoff chances... and then having Rusty Rodgers throwing the season away
He and Cobb should be on the same page, they've had nothing better to do!

squicken

Kubiak is gone and squicken came home.

I think the first two picks are all but locked up. HOU would have to win both games and the Skins lose both to go to number 2. Likewise, for WAS to go to 3, they have to win both games. Stranger things have happened but I think we are set as far as 1/2

Top Bottom