• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 15 |OT| Winter Is Coming

Farooq

Banned
Maybe the Cowboys are calling runs but Romo is checking out of all of them.

Romo's first interception was definitely a run. Tyron Smith (Dallas' Left Tackle) would not have ignored Clay Matthews if the play call was a pass. Romo had the "option" to throw the quick slant on that play.

But throughout the game, I only seen heavy run formations (22 or 21 personnel groupings) a couple times that game. I think the play calling was just that bad.

Enron

Banned
I fucking hate Tony Romo. I hate him so much I can barely see the fucking screen as I type. I wish nothing but the worst for this fucking loser.

Romo's first interception was definitely a run. Tyron Smith (Dallas' Left Tackle) would not have ignored Clay Matthews if the play call was a pass. Romo had the "option" to throw the quick slant on that play.

But throughout the game, I only seen heavy run formations (22 or 21 personnel groupings) a couple times that game. I think the play calling was just that bad.
Worth noting that most of these quick passes have run options built in now (and vice versa) -- that's just the name of the game.

As much as I will post "lol Romo" and think he deserves some crap for the INTs, particularly the last one... The loss is on the Dallas play calling.

Suite Pee

Willing to learn
Echoes of the SB season. When Rodgers and the others come back, they will destroy.

and no negativity from eznark, either

I'm going to keep rubbing that in, knowing he's watching

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
1452522_10153618614415010_1224745730_n.jpg

*dead*

I can't stop laughing lol

2nd and 1 is not a running situation?

Murray was averaging 7 yards a carry. Not many situations weren't running situations this game.

Also Romo is doing most of the play-calling these days, at his own request. He will often look at his wrist which is full of plays and pick one and go with that. I can dang near guarantee that was all him in the 4th.

Farooq

Banned
Worth noting that most of these quick passes have run options built in now (and vice versa) -- that's just the name of the game.

Yea, I understand these packaged plays. From the reaction we seen from Murray though, it was pretty obvious Romo made a dumb decision (and a bad throw) in that situation. 2nd and 6, inside 4 minutes. You have to at least make Green Bay burn that last timeout.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I fucking hate Tony Romo. I hate him so much I can barely see the fucking screen as I type. I wish nothing but the worst for this fucking loser.

I hope they trade him to the Jets in the offseason.

God knows it'd be awesome to see great QB play for once in my lifetime.

Heysoos

man I just don't fucking know anymore. I'd rather be the Texans right now, at least they're getting a new fucking coach. Like fuck. Fuck Jerry Jones. Fuck everything about this team. And I don't even give a shit about how Dez left. I fucking feel for him. What a fucking shitty pathetic team he's in

so now eagles cowboys is guaranteed to be the snf game in two weeks. as long as romo doesn't pull the biggest romo of his life next week the eagles can still lose to the bears and the final game will be for the nfc east championship.

everyone gets eagles for the last two weeks of snf.

Farooq

Banned
2nd and 1 is not a running situation?

Murray was averaging 7 yards a carry. Not many situations weren't running situations this game.

Also Romo is doing most of the play-calling these days, at his own request. He will often look at his wrist which is full of plays and pick one and go with that. I can dang near guarantee that was all him in the 4th.

It was a running situation. But the nature of the play call (from listening to press conferences and following Dallas all season), is that Romo even on designed runs, has the option to hit receivers on whatever route they may be running.

I am saying it is obvious they should have run the ball, but the play call gave Romo the option to throw the slant if he decides it is a favorable match up. Packaged plays are all the craze in the NFL now.

Garrett just threw Romo under the bus lol. Even Garrett is done defending Romo. Garrett just confirmed 2nd and 6 play was a run play call and Romo changed it.

Doorman

Chicago and GB won today, and honestly I'm not even mad. Cutler and Rodgers were dead for weeks, yet we couldn't capitalize. Tomorrow night should have been our chance to clinch the division against Baltimore, instead we could fuck around and lose the NFC North lead.

Amazing. I can't imagine Schwartz surviving if we miss the playoffs.

Oh I absolutely can see it as a possibility. It SHOULDN'T be, but this is the Lions, never rule out their reluctance to change.

Also I had no idea that the Cardinals had 9 wins already. How sad that they're playing winning football but just happen to be stuck in one of the two divisions that have actual good football teams.

Echoes of the SB season. When Rodgers and the others come back, they will destroy.

and no negativity from eznark, either

I'm going to keep rubbing that in, knowing he's watching
We suck ass. The only positive thing about our defense is that we're so bad at defending the pass that teams try to throw it all the time even though we suck almost as much at defending the run. Our pass rushers are either hurt or ineffective or both, the middle of the defensive backfield is a wasteland of CFL caliber players and AJ Hawk, and our "best" cornerback thinks proper trail position is three full strides behind the receiver.

On offense, our line play is somewhere between bad and godawful thanks to all the injuries, we're starting a QB with a very limited skillset, and our awesome normal QB will probably reinjure his collarbone the first time he takes a hit. We're screwed.

But none of that matters tonight, because HAHAHAHAHA COWBOYS!!!

Frolow

Banned
so now eagles cowboys is guaranteed to be the snf game in two weeks. as long as romo doesn't pull the biggest romo of his life next week the eagles can still lose to the bears and the final game will be for the nfc east championship.
Week 17 Bears and Packer has the potential to be another winner-take-all game. All that has to happen is a Lions lost and Week 16 wins from both the Packers and Bears.

Enron

Banned
I have been a Cowboys fan my entire life. My dad was taking me to games during the Steve Pelluer/Gary Hogeboom years when I was really young.

Never have I been as angry as a Cowboys fan as I am right now. I am so mad i literally want to break every fucking glass in the cupboard and roll around on the floor. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

I honestly don't get what the problem is.

Dez cares more about winning than anybody else on the Cowboys. The fact he couldn't fucking take it is a lot better than the garbage players they have on their defense do in week in and week out.

Dez deserves better. He may be immature, but he's the only one that fucking CARES. I hope punches Romo in the face in the locker room.

Levyne

Banned
I have a feeling that both the Eagles and Rodgers-led Packers could absolutely blow out the Bears, especially if Jay assists them in any way.

Next two weeks could be incredibly depressing.

CrankyJay

Banned

Dez cares more about winning than anybody else on the Cowboys. The fact he couldn't fucking take it is a lot better than the garbage players they have on their defense do in week in and week out.

He shouldn't give haters and critics ammunition, that's all. Being a poor loser doesn't make him a winner.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
He shouldn't give haters and critics ammunition, that's all. Being a poor loser doesn't make him a winner.

I'm not saying its a great thing he left early or whatever but of all the guys to criticize on the Cowboys, criticizing the one guy who actually gives a shit is probably the wrong guy to actually criticize on the team.

What a little whiny bitch. I'd want him off the team if he did that here.

Game was F'in over, 3 kneels and done.

I would not stay on that field either. Whiny bitch nothing. Exactly how I would of reacted. I am just glad he cares enough to be that pissed to be honest. Someone on this Cowboys team needs to find a pulse and get pissed at this whole situation.

Murray should be furious, Bryant should be furious, Witten should be furious, Garrett should be furious.

Romo? " well if this is the worst thing that happens to me, then I have led a good life "

Protein

Banned
The team will stay shit as long as the fans stay stupid. They need to drown Jerry Jones in negativity otherwise nothing will change.

Cloudy

Banned
http://deadspin.com/packers-rally-r...source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

The Packers were down 26-3 at halftime. They won the game 37-36. It is all Tony Romo's fault, apparently.

Yes, Romo can justifiably catch heat for his two picks, but they were both on outstanding feats of athleticism by Green Bay's defenders. Miles Austin had Sam Shields beat when Romo threw a pass just a little too tight, and Shields picked him off. Tramon Williams's game-ending interception had to be reviewed, and man, did Williams give his best effort to make sure that ball didn't move as he fell to the ground. Romo's mistakes were crucial, but the defense deserves credit for excellent plays, too.

Anyway, Tony Romo failed at stopping three 80-yard drives by Green Bay in the second half. That was definitely his fault. Tony Romo was the one who has allowed the most passing yards and fourth-most rushing yards in the league. Tony Romo let Matt Flynn march all over him. You're the worst defense, Tony Romo.

On the other side, the Cowboys' defense had plenty of chances to stop the Packers' offense, and they didn't. After halftime, all of Green Bay's drives—except for the kneeldown to end the game—concluded with a touchdown. The Cowboys couldn't hold the Packers to a punt, or even a field goal. But yeah, it was all Tony Romo's fault.

applause.gif

Heysoos

As a Cowboys fan I'm completely fine with this. I'm just as disgusted by this team as he is.

I have been a Cowboys fan my entire life. My dad was taking me to games during the Steve Pelluer/Gary Hogeboom years when I was really young.

Never have I been as angry as a Cowboys fan as I am right now. I am so mad i literally want to break every fucking glass in the cupboard and roll around on the floor. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

I feel you man. I just don't know anymore.

Top Bottom