• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 15 |OT| Winter Is Coming

cajunator

Banned
Lolwut? He's been the Eagles' best defensive player over the past two years.

EDIT: The other Eagles players on this list do make some sense.

- Casey will almost certainly be cut. He's been seeing a bit more use the past couple weeks, but it is primarily as an extra blocker, as the Eagles have moved away from the straight read-option with Foles at QB. You don't need to pay $4m/yr for a blocking TE/HB.
- Avant has done nothing as a receiver this year, but they still may bring him back next year as Chip likes him as a blocker and he brings some veteran leadership. Could go either way with him.
- Cary Williams has been solid, but not spectacular. If they draft a CB in the 1st round, he may be gone.
- Brad Smith has actually replaced Damaris Johnson completely. But the role of KR/PR and 4th WR still could use an upgrade.

Will smith is gone. Hopefully Kenny Stills and Nick Toon can follow up on Lance's excellence. Lance Moore has been money whenever he is healthy. Dude just catches EVERYTHING.

Dragon

Banned
Dragon, l like you. JLaw makes this a better place.

Haha you don't know me yet. But yeah, I dig JLaw a lot, enough that I saw the first Hunger Games movie even though I know it wouldn't be good.

tumblr_inline_mmay7rjppT1qz4rgp.gif

Based on that NPD thread:
1) Vita is dead
2) WiiU is deader
3) The salt on GAF will be delicious (as a neutral) when XB1 outsells the PS4 in December in the US
4) Call of Dooder will continue to sell forever
Nintendo really messed up with the whole Wii brand. I just hope that in like two year they release a graphically up to date system or just make there own OS like Valve

Nintendo really messed up with the whole Wii brand. I just hope that in like two year they release a graphically up to date system or just make there own OS like Valve

Updating the graphics won't mean anything. Nintendo needs to release a console with direction. They have no clue what to do with the Wii Pad.

cajunator

Banned

They didnt mess up graphically. It looks fine for what they need it for. They make very artistic games. The main problem is their archaic stance on online gaming. They definitely have no desire to make it work and thats holding them back more than anything. The system definitely doesnt lack good games at this point.

Vyer

so funny. Casey is not a blocking tight end. Dude has great hands.

I remember when the eagles got him, texans fans and philly fans were all "oh man reid/kelly will find a great use for him, unlike kubiak"
at least with the texans he scored some TDs and got playing time.

I feel bad for him, he could be so much better, but he was apparently misused twice so far.

Though I'm no fan of the Patriots, I do wonder what Belichick would do with a player like Casey.

Updating the graphics won't mean anything. Nintendo needs to release a console with direction. They have no clue what to do with the Wii Pad.

They should ditch that pad honesty. If that system was as powerful as the ps4 and one they would be doing well cause they would most likely still have a high 3rd party support probably would get FFXV and KH3 plus you know their first party games will sell more too.

I think the Wii U's problem is that it's stuck in a no man's land between two markets. On the one hand you've got the market that made the Wii such a huge hit, but the Wii U doesn't appeal to them because 1) they don't want another console, 2) unlike the Wii Remote the GamePad is the farthest thing from intuitive, and 3) most of them don't even know it's a new system. Then on the other side you've got the typical PS/Xbox gamers who are uninterested in the Wii U because 1) it isn't getting third party support, 2) it's not as technically impressive as the competition, and 3) the online features are lacking. The only market left is the hardcore Nintendo fans, and even they seem to be tiring of more and more Mario.

I'm a big Nintendo fan and I think they're killing it game-wise but I can sit back and see why the Wii U is struggling so much. It's a shame but I guess they'll just have to ride it out Gamecube style.

rando14

oh god its friday the 13th, im already dead!!

edit: Looks like Lacy should be good to go for this weekend!! It's a Christmas miracle!!

jmdajr

Based on that NPD thread:
1) Vita is dead
2) WiiU is deader
3) The salt on GAF will be delicious (as a neutral) when XB1 outsells the PS4 in December in the US
4) Call of Dooder will continue to sell forever

Football/Military culture is part of our DNA. It's true.

edit: got a lot of heat for saying the Wii was a fad. In some ways I tried to use the Wii to get others into gaming..but it simply did not work.

Milchjon

I hope you enjoy the ass kicking we are going to give you
for half a game

Oh, I'm not expecting anything anymore. Season is over as far as I'm concerned. If anything good happens from now on, it's a bonus.

See, if you'd been a fan of that cunting team of yours longer that a Brady's period, you would know irrelevance even better.

Am I supposed to be sorry for not being old (well, I am, but not that old).

Also, I didn't want to be mean. It only happened because you people mobbed us again!

Wrayfield

Oh, I'm not expecting anything anymore. Season is over as far as I'm concerned. If anything good happens from now on, it's a bonus.

Am I supposed to be sorry for not being old (well, I am, but not that old).

Also, I didn't want to be mean. It only happened because you people mobbed us again!

No harm done.

RBH

Despite multiple reports on Thursday saying the NFL and DirecTV have reached a new agreement to keep the exclusive Sunday Ticket package on satellite television, the league says no deal has been reached.

“We do not have an agreement. Any speculation or reports to the contrary are not accurate,” NFL Media Group VP/Communications Alex Riethmiller told Sports Business Daily.

An agreement may not be done, but DirecTV’s CEO declared himself “very optimistic” that a deal will get done to keep Sunday Ticket exclusively on DirecTV. So it sounds like DirecTV is prepared to spend whatever it will take to keep the NFL’s owners happy. If DirecTV can’t come to terms with the NFL on a new deal, the NFL could open it up to cable companies, or to Internet distributors like YouTube or Netflix.

Under the current deal, which extends through the end of the 2014 season, DirecTV pays the NFL about $1 billion a year.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...es-it-has-reached-new-agreement-with-directv/

Fuck this shit.

squicken

Tony Grossi was on CLE radio saying that Haslam loves JFF, but coaches will have a big say in who they want. Owner doesn't plan on forcing the issue

Wrayfield

Finally got around to watching the 30 for 30 Elway to Marino thing. Damn, these NFL commishes were bent even back in the day. And Marino almost being drafted my half the league, Jets even, shudder. I knew about it, but seeing the reactions and everything, damn...

ShaneB

Finally got around to watching the 30 for 30 Elway to Marino thing. Damn, these NFL commishes were bent even back in the day. And Marino almost being drafted my half the league, Jets even, shudder. I knew about it, but seeing the reactions and everything, damn...

Yeah, that is a great one. The shenanigans involved, and looking at all the draft day busts in hindsight is always eye opening.

Since the Jaguars have pretty much played themselves out of the 1st pick who is probably going to be Bridgewater, how do the other quarterback prospects look?

After watching Manziel play this year, my objection to the Jaguars drafting him has soften quite a bit.

I guess the next guys up would be Carr and maybe Bortles.

FF VIII hitting steam was GG Next Gen. Not like there's shit out until March anyway unless you want to get Tomb Raider in Feb which I actually might. The steam achievements have me doing a complete game which I haven't done in forever. Smoothed out character models and faster load times, great way to replay my game of the forever. I do still need to try out Killzone MP though with Yankee. Sorry Yankee, I promise I'll play with you at some point! Haha

FF VIII hitting steam was GG Next Gen. Not like there's shit out until March anyway unless you want to get Tomb Raider in Feb which I actually might. The steam achievements have me doing a complete game which I haven't done in forever. Smoothed out character models and faster load times, great way to replay my game of the forever. I do still need to try out Killzone MP though with Yankee. Sorry Yankee, I promise I'll play with you at some point! Haha
Killzone MP is so good... I've got almost 24 hours in it already. Looking at the leaderboards Yankee has barely touched it!

Top Bottom